TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
And to the Little bashers, he asked Pedro if he wanted to leave, he said no, so Little kept him.  Blame Pedro.

Game 7. World Series on the line. Shouldn't be Pedro's decision anymore. You have to take it into your own hands, as the manager, and make a well-informed decison. Little didn't do that. He's probably scared shitless of Pedro so he let him make the decison. And Pedro, having the unbelievably inflated ego that he has, wouldn't have left the game for anything. So he wound up blowing it. Seriously, almost NO pitcher would have left the game at that point. Little has to stand up as the manager and make an important decision. But he didn't, and he is chiefly responsible for the loss tonight.

How can you blame the guy for sticking with his number one pitcher, even after the pitcher says he is fine. I'll call you all a wahmbulence.

Guest Choken One
I'd be more worried that the Sox finish every game with Veritek and Walker on the bench.

But seriously, Dusty did the same thing with his pitcher YESTERDAY. Read a paper.

and the day before that

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Whats with this Yankee hate? it'll get huge ratings, especially after the events leading to this. This has been the greatest playoffs ever, don't pull rank because your team lost.

Guest The Real Nosferatu
I remember in 1998 Torre forced Wells to leave the field...so he through the ball into the stands...pissed off Steinbrenner...

So ya, it's the managers fault because he should have taken Pedro out. But...

FUCK PEDRO MARTINEZ!

Yankees OWNED His ass!!

If Yankees OWNED pedro...then I guess boston raped Clemens...

Pedro got his ass kicked in Boston, and got his ass kicked in New York.

Clemens only in NY and he was taken out early.

Rivera = STILL OWNS ALL.

No you don't blame Pedro.  It is Little's job to say you are getting the fuck off the mound.

If you're a team player, you would say you are getting fatigued. All I am saying is don't completely blame Little. And whats with red Sox fans always having to blame someone? You fucking lost...deal with it....its not anyone's fault.

I am not a Red Sox fan, so I am not going out of my way to blame anyone.

No ace starting pitcher is ever going to ask his manager to take him out of the 7th game of a playoff series. It is the job of the manager to tell the pitcher they are done and getting replaced.

Nah...Baker should first...he did this TWICE.

The players love Little too much it seems.

The players love Baker, too so. My god, it's so ironic that both cursed teams were five outs from the World Series, and now, neither one is going to the Series. The question is--which was worse? The Cubs went on to lose that game and the next game, but the Sox were five outs away from the Series in the THE deciding game of the series.

At least I can move on with my life now, the Sox being involved would've prolly got my interest.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

I want to bury my head in the sand. Permanently.

It's nobody's fault, but the team's. Sure, Pedro should have come out. But Wakefield left the ball up there, asking for it to be hit. Whatever. Guess I'll just have to say:

1. Waiting till next year

2. SIGN PETITE

3. GO MARLINS~!

And to the Little bashers, he asked Pedro if he wanted to leave, he said no, so Little kept him.  Blame Pedro.

Game 7. World Series on the line. Shouldn't be Pedro's decision anymore. You have to take it into your own hands, as the manager, and make a well-informed decison. Little didn't do that. He's probably scared shitless of Pedro so he let him make the decison. And Pedro, having the unbelievably inflated ego that he has, wouldn't have left the game for anything. So he wound up blowing it. Seriously, almost NO pitcher would have left the game at that point. Little has to stand up as the manager and make an important decision. But he didn't, and he is chiefly responsible for the loss tonight.

How can you blame the guy for sticking with his number one pitcher, even after the pitcher says he is fine. I'll call you all a wahmbulence.

Because he had already thrown 120 pitches, which is more than he's thrown in a LONG time, and it was clear that he was getting tired. Of course the pitcher is going to say he's fine because he wants to be considered responsible for getting the team out of his jam. Little needs to take a hard look at the facts and realize "Pedro is too tired. We have to take him out." But he chose to take the pussy way out, not wanting to offend Pedro, and now Boston's going home.

Yeah, because baseball isn't exciting anymore.

Seriously, what does a salary cap do to improve baseball?

Adds more uncertainty to the regular season.

Gives teams like the Pirates a chance to actually win.

I don't want the NFL version of parity showing up in baseball.

Beating a team in the NFL means NOTHING.

Beat the Yankees in the playoffs and everyone will always remember you.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

for one thing it could stop some people from saying "I shant watch a game. Florida is simply not on the same level of Boston or New York. *sticks nose in air*"

Guest The Real Nosferatu

::Still hates Diamondbacks for 2001::

Whats with this Yankee hate? it'll get huge ratings, especially after the events leading to this. This has been the greatest playoffs ever, don't pull rank because your team lost.

Its not the Yankees. Its that there's no story.

I'd say there's enough uncertainty. Look at the Marlins. As for the Pirates, maybe if they didn't give Kevin Young $6.5 Million a year, they'd be a better team.

Well,

I just want to make my opinion known since I'm sure most people think of me when they think of the Marlins.

i watched the whole game in my living room with my housemates (hence no postings) and was cheering for the sox the whole time. I can NOT believe they blew that lead, and Boone...wow.

All I can say is this...if the Sox won I would have been upset that the Marlins lost the series but happy that someone deserving won it. But now I'm polarized. Either I will be thrilled that the Marlins beat the most evil franchise in the history of the world or crushed that they were just another statistic.

Fuck Hank Blalock for giving the Yanks home field advantage.

One day off and then it's world series time baby. I can not wait.

And win or lose, FUCK THE YANKEES

Guest Choken One

so the fact that 8 teams(Chi,Stl,Hou,SF,LA,Fla,Philly,Atl) competed for the NL Playoffs to the very end isnt "uncertain"...wow we REALLY need to have pittsburgh and San Diego in the hunt as well?

Guest The Real Nosferatu

If I ever had to see a Devil Rays v. Pirates World Series I'd kill myself.

For any wrestling fans here, I'm going to watch WM XIV to hear Pete Rose insult the Boston fans.

You want to help the competitive nature of the game, they should create a salary floor. Instead of small market owners putting the revenue sharing money in their pocket, make them put it back into the team.

As for the Pirates, maybe if they didn't give Kevin Young $6.5 Million a year, they'd be a better team.

Or Kendall...

Or Derek Bell...

But regardless, that team's gonna lose 30 million dollars a year anyway. Baseball sans a salary cap is going to always be the Yankess and every big market club against each other, with PERHAPS a Cinderella every once in a while.

I do. MLB is akin to watching HHH clobber RVD every week and never putting over anybody in return.

In the NFL anybody can win any given week. If you're a Lions fan, you know your team will be right up there in a couple of years. If you're a Tigers fan, they will still be at the bottom in 2023. That's the difference.

MLB is the WWE of professional sports.

Fuck, I'll probably watch most of the games, but I don't want either team to win. The two teams that, when the playoffs started, I wanted out as fast as possible are now playing in the World Series.

I think baseball is the only sport I can go from loving to hating in the blink of an eye.