TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

I feel bad for Roger right there in a way. I mean that look on his face was just...disheartening. I always likeed Roger even if I was bitter when he first left Boston and went to NY eventually. His eyes just shot open...looked like he was shaking...I really feel sorry for the guy.

Because he realizes his season, his career is over, and he has no one to blame but himself.

If he decides he wants to come back, I hope the Yanks tell him to fuck off.

As much as I may LOATHE Roger Clemens, I want to personally thank him for giving it his all for for the last two decades.

I really wanted to see him pitch into the 7th alongside of Pedro.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
One note...

I feel bad for Roger right there in a way. I mean that look on his face was just...disheartening. I always likeed Roger even if I was bitter when he first left Boston and went to NY eventually. His eyes just shot open...looked like he was shaking...I really feel sorry for the guy.

BUT.

Go Red Sox!

He''ll be back next year.

And besides, Clemens hasn't exactly been the epitome of class. If this is the end for him, i surely don't feel bad.

Guest Choken One

Because he realizes his season, his career is over, and he has no one to blame but himself.

yeah...he's only one of the greatest pitchers of all time, tell him to fuck off is a great thing.

Even if the Yanks come back to win this game, they didn't deserve it. The BoSox have outplayed them in every single facet of the game. You can go from starting ptiching, to the bullpen, the defense, and especially offense...Boston dominated in all those areas all series.

yeah...he's only one of the greatest pitchers of all time, tell him to fuck off is a great thing.

Choken, some people just don't get it, and never will.

Being great doesn't mean he should be brought back. He ditched out on both Boston and Toronto when he didn't want to be there anymore, why should the Yanks have any loyalty to him?

Guest Choken One

Being great doesn't mean he should be brought back. He ditched out on both Boston and Toronto when he didn't want to be there anymore, why should the Yanks have any loyalty to him?

Boston ran Clemens out...He WANTED to stay and he got traded to the Yankees...he never LEFT or ditched them.

It's all a moot point seeing as he is retiring and all...NO he isn;t coming back, ever. He isnt as retarded as Jordan.

Guest Ghettoman

Roger left Boston because he was told he didn't have it anymore, and wanted to porove them worng, which he did.

How dare he want to continue pitching, how dare he....

Guest Choken One
Roger left Boston because he was told he didn't have it anymore, and wanted to porove them worng, which he did.

He did say He loved the fans but couldn't play under the boston management...esp when they said he wasn't worth anything...so he went and won 2 more Cy Youngs and a Pair of world titles...

He was told he sisnt have it anymore and they wouldn't pay him the money he wanted so they parted ways. He landed in Toronto and revived his career by losing weight and concentrating more on being the best pitcher he could be. Then Toronto stupidly traded him to the Yankees because George wanted him badly to get at the Sox.

He did say He loved the fans but couldn't play under the boston management...esp when they said he wasn't worth anything...so he went and won 2 more Cy Youngs and a Pair of world titles...

3 more Cy youngs...2 with the Jays and 1 with the Yanks.

I always understood Roger walked out on Boston. I am wrong. But he wanted to leave Toronto.

Guest Choken One
I always understood Roger walked out on Boston. I am wrong. But he wanted to leave Toronto.

because they weren't a Contender I believe...

I always understood Roger walked out on Boston.  I am wrong.  But he wanted to leave Toronto.

Sugar-coat his legacy all you want, he was a great pitcher, but not exactly a great human being. Another example was the feud with Piazza and throwing the broken bat at him in the World Series. He just isn't high on my pity chart, know whatta mean?

I always understood Roger walked out on Boston.  I am wrong.  But he wanted to leave Toronto.

Yup. He wanted the Ring. Which he got, and deserved to a point.

He deserved to get a ring because of how great he his but he did it the cheeze way by jumping on to an already great yankee juggernaut.

Yes he did help them win it, but I still think THAT yankee team could have done it without him as well.

ANYWAYS.

Go Red Sox!

Sugar-coat his legacy all you want, he was a great pitcher, but not exactly a great human being. Another example was the feud with Piazza and throwing the broken bat at him in the World Series. He just isn't high on my pity chart, know whatta mean?

Point Taken.

Guest Choken One

Ruth and Cobb werent great humans either...does that discredit their legancies? Not really, and it shouldn't for Clemens either.

Quick question; for foul balls on a count that already has two strikes, what do they count it as when they do the pitching breakdown? I ask because I only strikes and balls, but the strike stat could be misleading if that would be the case. I ask because of Walker's ten pitch at bat from the first inning. I've always wondered it anyways.

Guest Choken One

gotta love how George HAD to have boone only for him to be benched for game 7...

They count as strikes.

If it DIDN'T count as strikes, most pitchers wouldn't have more than 30 strikes on their pitch count in an entire game.

For Paragon, I think it just depends on where the ball placement would've been...like if it was a strike, it gets counted as a strike or maybe since it's a foul ball they just automatically count it as a strike, not sure really...hmm...anybody else got an answer?

Guest Choken One

another note, what's with seemingly all the field players save for Nomah and Damon having shaved heads and odd beard conforminations...

is this to play off the blue collar team image?