TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Jericho's commentary last night.

Haven't seen a thread dedicated to it, but we should have one about Jericho's greatness as an announcer last night. I love how he seemed to actually know what he was talking about and the fact he was prepared for just announcing that one match (with his notes he came out with.) Certainly a definate backup career for Jericho if something happens to him in the ring that is career ending.

Guest vex_hecubus
Haven't seen a thread dedicated, but we should have one about Jericho's greatness as an announcer last night. I love how he seemed to actually know what he was talking about and the fact he was prepared for just announcing that one match (with his notes he came out with.) Certainly a definate backup career for Jericho if something happens to him in the ring that is career ending.

That's obvious because his mic skills have helped him be elevated to a very charismatic wrestler.

Another plus is that his charisma isn't similar to the likes of The Rock,etc. Who even though are charismatic, just don't "fit" the role of announcers.

However given Jericho enough of a makeover and tweak him up a bit here an there, he could definately do announce spot, as a heel announcer.

I liked how he said Coach reminded him of "a young Tito Santana...." that was pretty funny...even though in his old age Santana has more talent than Coach can dream about.

But he'd end up like Tazz and probably never wrestle again.

Don't say that, if anybody should get the Tazz treatment it should be either HBK or Kevin Nash.

I liked how he said Coach reminded him of "a young Tito Santana...." that was pretty funny...even though in his old age Santana has more talent than Coach can dream about.

Yeah, I think that was the point of the joke.

Jericho was great on commentary last night. I love how he found a way to work the Dick Butkus/XFL reference in there.

I wonder if was just joking around with "This whole night sucks. It sucked at the beginning and it sucks now."

By the way, can some one put a hit on Austin? I'm so pissed off at the jackass, his shitty same old act, his borderline homosexual "friendship" with JR, him doing anything he wants without any sort of on-screen consequence, and his blatant fucking hypocrisy of bitching about the writing and coming back to be part of the problem. Worse yet, as a NON-WRESTLER.

Fuck you, Austin. I'd rather watch Goldberg at this point than you. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you.

Guest Choken One

Jericho is our modern Roddy Piper...The man can do it all...While he doesn't act in cinema classics like Piper, he rips the stage with Fozzy...

Meh, it didn't come close to Konnan's commentary during the 4-way tag match at New Blood Rising:

"All these guys are young and hungry, well except Kronik"

"These guys should get a refund on their wrestling lessons, cause they suck"

"Man, Kronik are really bad"

Yeah, I think that was the point of the joke.

Jericho was great on commentary last night. I love how he found a way to work the Dick Butkus/XFL reference in there.

I realize it was a joke.

Guest TheCrowCall

I think the part that I loved most about Jericho's commentary was when he said:

"What the heck is a Sooner anyway? ...I'd like to see J.R. get beat sooner rather than later, that's for sure!"

That cracked me up, along with his whole commentary, he's just the best in every aspect of the business.

~ Pac

I thought Taz chose to stay in the announce booth instead of facing further injury? I'm not sure myself.

The high point of Jericho's commentary for me was the return of the "Paragon of Virtue" nickname. Great stuff.

Oh, and did anyone else LOVE HBK and Kevin Nash doing commentary during an nWo match last year or was it just me? Nash should just be doing color commentary instead of wrestling.

I think Jericho should be a heel announcer too.

That way, judging by recent WWE events, he might actually be allowed to go over in his matches.

By the way, can some one put a hit on Austin? I'm so pissed off at the jackass, his shitty same old act, his borderline homosexual "friendship" with JR, him doing anything he wants without any sort of on-screen consequence, and his blatant fucking hypocrisy of bitching about the writing and coming back to be part of the problem. Worse yet, as a NON-WRESTLER.

Fuck you, Austin. I'd rather watch Goldberg at this point than you. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you.

Unfortunately, all Vince hears is the pop of the crowd when the music hits. I pop only in the sense that it always brings me back to when he was the man. I agree he needs to go.

I thought Taz chose to stay in the announce booth instead of facing further injury? I'm not sure myself.

I think he started saying that after he realized they weren't going to let him get over the bigger guys and that he'd end up being a jobber. I may be wrong but that's how I remember it.

I think he started saying that after he realized they weren't going to let him get over the bigger guys and that he'd end up being a jobber. I may be wrong but that's how I remember it.

That's pretty much what Raven said in his shoot.

I remember WWF.com putting up an article about a year ago where Tazz said he just didn't have the desire to wrestle anymore and he really enjoys announcing a lot more.

Guest Fook
Oh, and did anyone else LOVE HBK and Kevin Nash doing commentary during an nWo match last year or was it just me? Nash should just be doing color commentary instead of wrestling.

Nash can be very funny on commentary.

The problem is that he focuses on himself and his buddies and doesn't get the rest of the talent over.

But of course that's nothing new for Nash. ;)

Guest nugget

Nash can be very funny on commentary.

The problem is that he focuses on himself and his buddies and doesn't get the rest of the talent over.

But of course that's nothing new for Nash. ;)

I love Nash on commentary. My fav line of Nash's was when he was talking about some woman in WCW (either Gorgeous George or Torrie Wilson) during their match and he said, "I like watching her wrestle but i'd rather see her box."