TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Billboard Charts

The latest from OutKast, a two disc set titled Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, sold an extremely impressive 509,000 first week copies to capture the #1 spot during one of the most competitive release weeks of the year.

Dave Matthews first solo album, Some Devil, debuted at #2 with an impressive 469,000 first week copies sold.

Limp Bizkit's often delayed Results May Vary finally dropped and debuted at #3 after moving 325,000 copies. That is a solid debut, but far below their last album which sold over 1 million copies in its first week.

Despite all the scandals that surround him, R. Kelly continues to sell CDs. His latest, The R. in R&B Collection, Vol. 1, sold 250,000 copies in its first week to debut at #4.

The latest rapper from the Shady/Aftermath crew, Obie Trice, debuts at #5 with Cheers selling 226,000 copies.

Nickelback's The Long Road debuted at #6 with 200,000 copies sold. That is the band's best debut week.

DMX dropped from #1 to #7 in his second week, as Grand Champ suffered a 52% sales drop down to 150,000 copies.

The debut album from Murphy Lee, Murphy's Law, came in at #8 with 135,000 copies sold. Lee is best known for his cameo on the hit track, Shake Ya Tailfeather.

John Mayer's Heavier Things dropped five spots to #9 with 123,000 copies sold. The set has now topped 500,000 albums sold in three weeks.

Hilary Duff rounds out the top ten with Metamorphosis moving another 117,000 copies. The disc has now sold over 600,000 copies in total.

Credit: 411mania/music

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Why is John Mayer popular? Is there anyone worse? Well, Nickelback...but thats all.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

Could we add Saliva and The Calling to that list?

Oh...Banky: I am a fan of both Nickelback and John Mayer; Nickelback for their earlier work, and including Silver Side Up, Mayer for his newest work, which basically is a pretty good attempt to shed the happy-go-lucky acoustic guitarist image he painted himself into with Room for Squares. I know, I'm asking for it, but dammit it's what I listen to.

Hell, I'd toss St. Anger onto this list. "Frantic" could not save an entire CD of mediocrity.

thats pretty good for Nickelback for sales in the states.

I mean it is not as catchy as How You Remind Me, but its a decent single none the less

The latest from OutKast, a two disc set titled Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, sold an extremely impressive 509,000 first week copies to capture the #1 spot during one of the most competitive release weeks of the year.

nice...

That album is amazing. I urge anyone to buy it...or..."get it".

;)

Guest subliminal_animal

Funny, since you seem to be the one that don't "get it."

Also, I urge you all to cop Murphy Lee's hot debut release. If you thought "Shake Ya Tailfeather" was bananas, this is like even more bananas. Some especially nice joints are "So X-Treme" and "Cool Wit It." But I'm just going by the titles, since I wouldn't be caught dead even laughing at the track listing.

Hmm... I'm sorry that A Perfect Circle's sales dove so quickley, I was really hoping it would continue to sell well.

The new DMX sucks. Believe me, I work at Best Buy and it's an incredibly lazy album of a bunch of stuff he's already done.

The new Dave Matthews is meh. I hate to say it but the guy has his formula and he's sticking to it.

Limp Bizkit? They're a joke. A really bad and awful joke. Don't try telling me that the reason they aren't popular anymore is because people got sick of rap metal. Rap metal killed itself by getting overconfident and by putting out shitty music.

The new Outkast looks good. I haven't gotten to listen to it all the way through yet.

Hillary Duff? Awww... I don't mind her one bit.

Nickelback? I like the "Someday" video, but it's not a very good (or original) song. I'm also going to scream if I hear one more new song with that same title.

That sucks for DMX. Grand Champ is his best album since the first one, IMO.

It's a flop compared to The Chocolate Starfish and The Hot-Dog Flavored Water. That album had first week sales over one million. I bought that album when it first came out and I ended up giving it away a few months later.

The video for Someday made me groan outloud when I first saw it, it was so cheesy.

It's cheesy but it improves the song. That, and I can somewhat relate (even if it was made in a way intending for most people to be able to relate).