TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

E-Bay stories!

We had a Flea Market thread, well lets have one about the Flea Market of the World Wide Web, they been doing this for nearly 10 years now, so there must be tons of stories of people on this board's experiences, good (great, really great bargains) and bad (horror stories of bad sellers/buyers)

Steve

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I tried to buy this Soviet guy's stepdaughter once. Said her name was Petra, and that's she'd show up in about 6-8 weeks. Only cost me twenty bucks. Anyway, a couple months go by, and you know what shows up at my house?

Kotzenjunge, three sheets to the wind on a bottle of Smirnoff Ice, wearing only a furry cossack hat and a strategically placed red scarf. I said Nyet, and sent his ass back to the Ukraine.

AND I never got my 20 bucks back.

Oh, look! A Shawn Michaels cardboard cut-out for only five dollars! And I won it! What's this? Twenty dollars shipping and handling? Whoops, my computer broke! What's that, Mr. Seller? You're going to report me? Well, I'm young and naive at the time! I'll buy it!

If I didn't feel so ripped off (by, ya know, not reading the whole thing), I'd use it for target practice.

Triple Black is almost the worst thing to happen to alcohol in the history of the world, though. The only other thing that even comes close is Zima, and even that isn't as sugary and downright shitty as Triple Black. Someday I'm going to find the people who came up with it and kick them all in the fucking nuts.

I can't begin to describe how much I despise that shit. It's endlessly revolting. If there were any justice in the world it would be illegal to manufacture, distribute, or consume it. And there'd be a mandatory minimum of 5-10 years for first offenders.

Guest HungryJack

i think it's hilarious that in the States,. Smirnoff Ice is called beer. or is a malted beevrage or whatever. Up here, it's actually made with Vodka, and if I was a woman, I wouldn't hate being seen drinking it.

Guest HungryJack

I've not tried the Triple Black, but back when I was newly legal, I was know to drink a few Smirnoff Ices, then i realized what a bitch i very likely looked like.

That put an end to that right quick.