TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maccam16

KOR 99: Shane and Vince vs Austin

Guest Maccam16

I remember watching this thing live, and they made this huge deal about the breifcase moving up whenever Austin was within reach. I pawned it off as obvious tomfoolery enacted by one of Vince's lackeys, but the commentary made it seem like a more dire thing.

So Raw rolls by and they don't mention it once. Vince never gave me any closure on the whole breifcase thing and it hurts me inside. Does anyone have their own possible scenarios for this one?

Well, my own thinking just so it makes any sense it that it was either Patterson or Briscoe.

I know it's never been mentioned but if you just presume it was one of the stooges then it makes enough sense. But as that would be a relativly logical thing to have (Vince to come out and just quickly say thanks to the stooges for having helped out) the WWF didn't bother.

Or just do what Russo wanted and remember that King Of The Ring 1999 was during the main "Crash TV" era and forget about it.

I heard it was going to be revealed that The Big Boss Man did it, but WWE dropped that idea for some reason.

Yeah, it was the Bossman. Remember a stip was that no member of the Corporation could interfere. Right before the ppv, Bossman got kicked out of the corporation. Therfore he could legally interfere, how about that for an oxymoron. Then after the ppv, he was invited back into the corporation but they never did anything with the angle of him as the mystery man lowering and raising the case.

Guest Choken One

They pretty much said it was Bossman just by bringing him back like the next day...

Blackman makes sense since he was supposed to be Shane's replacement (whom was faking a injury until Shawn caught him via Gtv)...

Right, the main case that was said the whole time was Blackman. Blackman was always due for a big push that fell out. When things started getting good for him, something always happened or was dropped. This is still one of the most debated drops along with G-TV, which was used to move this story too...

Guest Maccam16

Yeah,I figured it was Bossman since they brought him back in the Corporation the next night. But why they didn't follow through on it never made sense to me... B-)

At one time, I thought it was Stephanie McMahon. It would go like this. At Wrestlemania, Vince helps HHH win the main event :angry: , and the next night, the entire MHF come out and reveal to the world that the McMahon/Helmsley era was nothing more than a master plan thought up by Vince, and that Vince, Shane, Steph, HHH, Taker, & DX were in on it, all along for one whole year.

Guest Stunt Granny

No, it was Shawn Michaels. He made something like 9 turns in that one year.

I remember Russo saying somewhere that they didn't actually plan on revealing who did it, and that it was just an excuse to have Austin lose the match.

There you go. Proof that Russo doesn't think things through.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood
This is still one of the most debated drops along with G-TV, which was used to move this story too...

Actually, they did resolve GTV. It was revealed to be Glenn Ruth, one of the Headbangers. It was last used to clear up the Marianna/Chaz "woman-beater" angle.

Actually, they did resolve GTV. It was revealed to be Glenn Ruth, one of the Headbangers. It was last used to clear up the Marianna/Chaz "woman-beater" angle.

So they went with him instead of Goldust instead? Weird...

Well when G-TV it was suppose to be Goldust behind it but, then he was let go from the WWF and when it was revealed who was behind it Goldust was in WCW I think.

An awesome outcome to that would've been if Shawn Michaels actually was the guy who pulled the briefcase. He was commissioner at the time and did have a grudge against Austin. That would've been another proving ground for Michaels to be the "hit and run" assailant a year later, but of course we got Rikishi.

An awesome outcome to that would've been if Shawn Michaels actually was the guy who pulled the briefcase. He was commissioner at the time and did have a grudge against Austin.

That would of made alot of sense. Even though storyline wise, Michaels hated McMahon, he would of helped him get control of the company if HHH received a WWF title match (which ended up happening the night after KOTR but was delayed because Austin knew he was probably going to get screwed so he gave himself a title shot that night).

HBK turned heel two months later, helping HHH retain the WWF title against the Rock on the first epsiode of SD!

Since Austin was going down to injury, you're right, they could of later revealed him as the driver.

And you know Russo would of played the insider "McMahon gave in to HBK's demands for years" card. So the events after KOTR.

Well when G-TV it was suppose to be Goldust behind it but, then he was let go from the WWF and when it was revealed who was behind it Goldust was in WCW I think.

:throwup: Se7en gimmick.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Maybe it was HHH. He was a member of the Corporation. And a few months later he feuded with Austin.