TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kkktookmybabyaway

George, George, George of the Jungle

If this keeps Disney from making more crappy straight-to-DVD-sequels, then I'm all for it.

And how come PC makers don't sue movies/TV shows since it seems that all the villians use them while the hereos use Macs?...

Source.

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- George, George, George of the Jungle, watch out for that -- lawsuit!

Bulldozer maker Caterpillar Inc. wants to bury Walt Disney Co.'s "George of the Jungle 2" movie, which it alleges in a lawsuit filed late Tuesday in Federal Court in Peoria, Illinois, infringes on its trademarks.

The heavy equipment giant contended in the suit that the straight-to-DVD project about the hapless jungle man battling "bulldozing bullies" puts Caterpillar in a bad light, the Peoria Journal Star said Wednesday.

Peoria-based Caterpillar confirmed the suit against Disney's distribution arm Buena Vista Entertainment and Disney said it respected Caterpillar but that the suit was groundless.

"We expect the audience will view these sequences for their comedic value and not take them seriously," a spokesman said.

The movie due to be released October 21 pits George against an industrialist seeking to destroy the jungle.

Brendan Fraser starred in the 1997 movie based on the 1960s television series about a dimwitted king of the jungle who repeatedly crashes into trees while swinging through the jungle on vines. That inspired the popular chorus to the theme song, "Watch out for that tree!"

In the sequel George, played by Chris Showerman, fights "bulldozing bullies" who drive Caterpillar equipment. That could have a "negative impact on children that view the movie" for the bulldozer maker and its line of toys, the newspaper quoted Caterpillar as charging.

I found the commercials for the movie interesting, it seemed they were trying to hide the fact Fraser isn't playing Geroge by showing shots from the back and superimposing the picture of the DVD over shots of the front of George.

i saw the movie, i thought it was pretty funny.

by showing shots from the back and superimposing the picture of the DVD over shots of the front of George.

the first thing the narrator says when George appears is "hey! who the hell are you?!" and they even mention Frasier a few times

Edited by eiker_ir

i saw the movie, i think it's funny.
by showing shots from the back and superimposing the picture of the DVD over shots of the front of George.

the first thing they narrator says when he appears is "hey! who the hell are you?!" and they even mention Frasier

That doesn't sound very Disney movie-ish.

I got 10 bucks that say KKK didn't give a flippity fuck about this but just wanted to use that thread title.

I don't know what's worse about Disney the fact that they make crappy-straight to video sequels of hits when they could take the time and effort to do a good job with it and put it in theaters and make just as much money or the fact that they make crappy sequels to their classic movies some 40 or 50 YEARS afterwords and piss a bunch of their fans off.

I've seen it now too. They don't say hell, they say heck. It still has some pretty funny moments. It is a lot better than most of the crappy straight to video sequels. I've seen most of them. First scene, they are re-introducing them, he gets off and the narrarotor says:

Who the heck are you?

George: Me new George. Studio to cheap to pay Brenden Frazer.

They reference Frazer a couple more times, with such parts as they are getting shipped in a storage case and it is huge. The narrarator says "After getting advice from Brenden Frazer in the first one, George decides to ride in a larger crate".

They take a couple shots there and do some untypical, actually funny stuff. Some of the cheesiness is even funny enough where if you are extremely bored and have seen everything new, this might be decent. It's still not great and of course has some campy, Disney moments, but they do make fun of some, making it somewhat funny.

I got 10 bucks that say KKK didn't give a flippity fuck about this but just wanted to use that thread title.

F*ck you Ripper. I just don't want Disney to taint Mr. Fraser's unforgettable performance in the first "George" Silver Screen classic with a sequel that doesn't take advantage of his unique acting talents.

Not my fault you can't appreciate true art when you see it...