TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Stu Hart dies

Stu Hart, perhaps Canada's biggest wrestling icon, passed away at 2:25 p.m. Mountain time today from complications of diabetes and pneumonia at the age of 88.

Hart's life in wrestling was legendary, starting as an amateur champion, promoting wrestling for more than 40 years in Western Canada and fathering a large family where every remember at some point either was a pro wrestler or married a pro wrestler.

Guest ToddRoyal

Well, I knew he was in bad shape, but its always sort of a shock when someone dies like this.

Thanks to Stu for Stampede, for Bret and Owen, for all the stars and all the memories.

RIP

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

RIP

Man, its best for him to have passed. He was in pain...and was lonely.

I'm not usually mushy about shit like this, but its nice to know he is up in heaven with Owen and Helen.

I always just figured that he would live forever. Like one day I would be explaining to my grand kids who that guy is sitting in the front row of a event...

RIP

Wow... I was just in an AOHell chat and someone came in and said this. I thought he was lying, too...

After four long years of some of the craziest and saddest things I've ever seen happen to a family, at least now he'll find peace.

R.I.P. Stu

RIP

Man, its best for him to have passed. He was in pain...and was lonely.

I'm not usually mushy about shit like this, but its nice to know he is up in heaven with Owen and Helen.

I am sure they will show something on Smackdown, then have a full video package on Raw.

RIP Stu.

RIP

Man, its best for him to have passed.  He was in pain...and was lonely. 

I am sure they will show something on Smackdown, then have a full video package on Raw.

RIP Stu.

Followed by a feature story on next week's Confidential.

I just watched Wrestling with Shadows a week ago- and the scenes with Stu stretching that guy is still one of my favourite parts of the movie.

Thanks for everything Stu.

Guest PowerPB13

Not likely.

-Patrick

Ever since he got raked over the coals for ignoring Lou Thesz and Wahoo McDaniel- Vince has been pretty good about giving big name wrestlers their due. (ie Curt Hennig and Freddie Blassie)

And I think Vince and Stu were always on good terms (He let him do a match in the Dungeon after Montreal) so I don't see why he wouldn't get a mention

After being without his wife for almost two years, I think he's much happier now.

RIP Stu.

Edited by CM Funk

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Well Shit

Thanks Stu, thanks for everything, your kids, guys like Lance Storm, Pillman

And stretching that smartass out in the Wrestling With Shadows DVD

Thanks And God Bless

Stu Hart, RIP

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

The WWE will do something huge for Stu. This guy influenced wrestling almost as much as Vince McMahon has. He is/was a true pioneer of wrestling, and although his influence was limited over the past 10-15 years, he trained numerous current WWE stars into strong WORKERS, not wrestlers, but workers. I think even Vince McMahon recognizes that. He was a great teacher.

Guest The Son of Sting

Its sad to see him go but the thought of him seeing Owen is a nice one.

R.I.P