TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

WWE news from the Observer

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

To be fair, the "Lawler is obsessed with boobs" criticism is no longer applicable. He's listenable there.

That sounds more like something Ventura would say than Bobby. Bobby usually made fun of the faces and cheered on the heels. Jesse usually called Gorilla out on his hypocrisy.

I know, but WWE's not interested in Ventura currently. I couldn't think of anything else Heenan could have said to make JR look like a fool in terms of Heenan's actual character. I'll try something else:

JR:"Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold stunned Stacy!"

Heenan:"Alcohol will do it to you! And that's the bottom line, 'cause Stone Cold drank some!"

JR trying to sound like Monsoon, but failing, of course:"WOULD YEW STOP?!"

I'm glad that Rock is getting all these movie roles, i will miss him in WWE but he's already done enough for wrestling, not like the leeches that don't want to go away(ie:HBK,Austin,Goldberg,HHH,Nash) and let some fresher talent take the spotlight.

And Heenan replacing Lawler would be like paradise.

Guest IB2BLACK
not like the leeches that don't want to go away(ie:HBK,Austin,Goldberg,HHH,Nash) and let some fresher talent take the spotlight.

How are thse guys leeches?

They've shown time and time again that they won't give up the spotlight and put someone new over. Of those five guys, I'd have to say that the last one to put someone new over was Shawn (ironically enough) putting Austin over clean at Wretlemania XIV, FIVE years ago. And you have to figure that was only because his back was so messed up at that point that his career looked to be over, giving him no other choice other than to job to Austin.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
They've shown time and time again that they won't give up the spotlight and put someone new over. Of those five guys, I'd have to say that the last one to put someone new over was Shawn (ironically enough) putting Austin over clean at Wretlemania XIV, FIVE years ago. And you have to figure that was only because his back was so messed up at that point that his career looked to be over, giving him no other choice other than to job to Austin.

Austin put over Angle clean at Unforgiven 01

They've shown time and time again that they won't give up the spotlight and put someone new over.  Of those five guys, I'd have to say that the last one to put someone new over was Shawn (ironically enough) putting Austin over clean at Wretlemania XIV, FIVE years ago.  And you have to figure that was only because his back was so messed up at that point that his career looked to be over, giving him no other choice other than to job to Austin.

Austin's hand was under the ropes so I wouldn't call that a totally clean victory. WrestleMania 19 is probably the last time we'll see Austin get pinned 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring.

They've shown time and time again that they won't give up the spotlight and put someone new over.  Of those five guys, I'd have to say that the last one to put someone new over was Shawn (ironically enough) putting Austin over clean at Wretlemania XIV, FIVE years ago.  And you have to figure that was only because his back was so messed up at that point that his career looked to be over, giving him no other choice other than to job to Austin.

Yeah, but what I meant by putting over in this case was actually putting over someone in a way that allowed them to be elevated to the next level (which in this situation would be the main event scene). Austin was a fringe main eventer in early 1998, but by winning the WWF title in the main event of the biggest wrestling show of the year, by perhaps the best wrestler of the 1990s, his place in the main event scene was solidified.

Angle was more or less a main event guy by time he finally got to go over Austin cleanly.

I don't care if the dude has headlined Mania, once a goof, always a goof.

Explain Austin and The Rock being involved in comedy segments over the years then.

*Ahem*

Rock and Austin did comedy segments but their characters were serious. They could cut serious promo's. Angle's GIMMICK is that he's a goofy retard.

Angle couldn't cut a serious promo if his life depended on it.

Angle never has, nor ever will be treated like a main event guy.

Yet, he headlined PPVs from No Mercy 2000 to No Way Out from 2001.

Main evented Invasion to Survivor Series 2001.

Main evented Vengeance 2002, Armageddon 2002 all the way to WM XIX (with the exception of No Way Out)

Main evented Vengeance and SummerSlam this year.

And countless RAW and SD episodes. Hmm...

(Alright so he co-main evented SSeries 2000 and SS 01, technicality bitches)

Angle couldn't cut a serious promo if his life depended on it.

He's been a doofus since he started cutting promos from day one, but he can be serious if he wants to.

Angle never has, nor ever will be treated like a main event guy.

Yet, he headlined PPVs from No Mercy 2000 to No Way Out from 2001.

Main evented Invasion to Survivor Series 2001.

Main evented Vengeance 2002, Armageddon 2002 all the way to WM XIX (with the exception of No Way Out)

Main evented Vengeance and SummerSlam this year.

And countless RAW and SD episodes. Hmm...

(Alright so he co-main evented SSeries 2000 and SS 01, technicality bitches)

I guess you didn't know, so I'll tell you. There's a difference between being in the Main Event of a PPV and being treated like a main eventer. Now go learn something before typing drivel again.

Main eventing is main eventing. Many workers can only dream of ever doing that.

So let me get this straight, YOU want ANGLE to stop being entertaining FROM NOW ON this very moment for 24/7? Ha!

Do I really have to answer that?

Think about it...Shane McMahon...hmm...

Although Angle is in that strata of guys who are considered to be the steady main event players in the company, he's still never really been treated like a main event guy. On the surface, he's a main event wrestler, but when you look to how he's used/treated in comparison to guys like HHH, Shawn Michaels, or Steve Austin, you begin to see the point Curry was trying to make.

Angle's a main eventer when they want him to be. BUT if they got Austin, Rock, Hogan, Goldberg, HHH, Nash, Hall, Steiner, Savage, Sting, Piper, Flair etc. all to wrestle at WM XX, Angle will be lucky to make the Heat match.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Do I really have to answer that?

Think about it...Shane McMahon...hmm...

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Like YOU said, "main eventing is main eventing". Therefore, by your requirement, Shane is a main-eventer.

So let me get this straight, YOU want ANGLE to stop being entertaining FROM NOW ON this very moment for 24/7? Ha!

It would help if he stopped willingly playing the buffoon. But I guess that's "entertaining" to you. I'm sure that you were tickled pink over the milk skit with Brock and the midget skit from Thursday, but you're in the minority on that one, looking at general feedback. The "chummy-chummy" skits with Brock didn't exactly help ratings or buyrates. Angle considers Bret Hart a mentor, but he *seriously* needs to take a look at Bret's outside-the-ring work from 1992 to 1994. He at least could cut face promos without having to revert to saying something 'funny' as a crutch.

"funny". I hardly consider anything Angle's ever done to be "funny". "a joke" "a moron" and "a bufoon" maybe but "funny" i don't think so.

"Main Eventers" can carry a main event on their own. I can't recall any time Angle has done that - he has always been supported by Austin, or Rock, or Taker - and even then he is usually playing second fiddle to someone else. Benoit vs. Angle RR is probably the only exception to the rule, and even then Steiner/HHH got more attention.

Guest Mulatto Heat
"funny". I hardly consider anything Angle's ever done to be "funny". "a joke" "a moron" and "a bufoon" maybe but "funny" i don't think so.

So the point of the midget skit 2 days ago wasn't to be funny?