TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Road Warrior Hawk passes away

I can't confirm it or anything, but I do believe that from what I have heard and know, Hawk changed his life just about 100%.

As a matter of fact, he wen on the road touring with Ted Dibiase, Magnum TA, Sting, Animal, and other Pro. Wrestlers who have become very religious.

As a matter of fact, Hawk and Animal, along with the others, were around here just a few months ago.

Guest Choken One

Let's See...I did that for Curt Henning...whoops! guess he wasn't changed as we all thought we were...

Same goes for Elizabeth...

I don't feel sorry for the ones who drove themselfs to their early deaths...I feel sympathy for the REAL victims, the families, the kids, the freinds that had to stand back and watch them do this to themselfs.

I loved The Road Warriors as much as every one else here...but I can't put on an act of sorrow for someone, whose past history doesn't indicate that his death was clean or natural...

I have NO remorse for Junkies...even if were told they are changed people...I've seen that too many times in my life...Convinced myself they were changed when in the end they werent...

After too many people in the wrestling world and out of it have made me feel sorry initally upon their deaths only for me to find out it was because of abuse of any kind...well I've gotten tired of doing that. I will continue to feel sympathy for the families but not the ones that died.

Call me heartless if you want but I've been burned many times in all sorts of environments and I no longer can feel sorry for people with shady history...because very rarely were their deaths not caused by some sort of abuse...

After Seeing many family members of mine drink or snort their way to an early death, I've built a wall around me.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Let's See...I did that for Curt Henning...whoops! guess he wasn't changed as we all thought we were...

Same goes for Elizabeth...

I don't feel sorry for the ones who drove themselfs to their early deaths...I feel sympathy for the REAL victims, the families, the kids, the freinds that had to stand back and watch them do this to themselfs.

I loved The Road Warriors as much as every one else here...but I can't put on an act of sorrow for someone, whose past history doesn't indicate that his death was clean or natural...

I have NO remorse for Junkies...even if were told they are changed people...I've seen that too many times in my life...Convinced myself they were changed when in the end they werent...

After too many people in the wrestling world and out of it have made me feel sorry initally upon their deaths only for me to find out it was because of abuse of any kind...well I've gotten tired of doing that. I will continue to feel sympathy for the families but not the ones that died.

Call me heartless if you want but I've been burned many times in all sorts of environments and I no longer can feel sorry for people with shady history...because very rarely were their deaths not caused by some sort of abuse...

After Seeing many family members of mine drink or snort their way to an early death, I've built a wall around me.

You are a disgusting individual.

ME ME ME ME

I I I I I

Thats all you posted.

I've been burned too much by them

what kind of comment is that? How selfish is that? These junkie wrestlers don't owe you anything. We should all hope and pray they clean themselves up. And when they do, not chastise them for their past mistakes.

Its funny, you are saying you feel bad for the family, but in the end, your hurtful words towards the one they loved would cut them emotionally.

Reading the list of deceased wrestlers from this year, combined with the huge number of celeb deaths, and it's been a banner year for the reaper

Wonder if something pissed him/her/it off

I'm sad, but not shocked, at least not the way I was when Hennig died. The wrestling industry is looking worse by the day. The wrestlers of the 60s & 70s should be dying off now, but when guys who were stars in the 80s, and are just in their 40s start dropping, it is very sad.

My only hope is that this current generation learns something from this.

in the 80's, the years when i was growing up, the road warriors were wrestlings version of stone cold steve austin. they were big and agile, disposed of their opponents quickly, had great theme music, and were great at scaring non-wrestling fans. they have had many of great matches that most "smart marks" have never seen. they had great runs in every territory in the world (including all japan and new japan). they were major participants in three of the greatest gimmick matches in the past twenty years (war games 1,2, and war games 89). the reason i posted this is because the road warriors were two of my favorite wrestlers growing up. when i read that road warrior hawk had just died, i was shocked and a little heartbroken.

Guest Choken One

The sad thing is that we still have another generation (the Benoit genration) to deal with in terms of Roid, drug related killings before we can see the next generation (the london generation) learning from the mistakes of the past generation (the Hogan/Graham generation)

SS 1992 where they enter to the ring at Wembley Stadium on their bikes and their entrance / win at WM 14 were my favorite LOD moments.

Edited by Rico_Constantino

This sucks! I can't believe Road Warrior Hawk is dead! Soon enough, you pop in a tape from a show just 10 years ago and just about everyone on it will be dead. That is just plain fucked up! :(

Him and Animal were just on TNA a few months ago looking as awesome as ever. When Hennig made his final appearences you could tell something was seriously wrong but the Road Warriors looked to be energized and I too heard Hawk had changed his life ala Dibiase, Sting and HBK. Just a shocker amongst far too many...

I was never a huge Road Warriors fan, but their mere presence was enough to perk my interest. I'm just sad that the last match I ever saw them in as a team was against RVD and Kane on Raw months back.

Too many of the people I watched when I first started watching wrestling are leaving way too soon.

Rest well,Hawk

And it's not about how they lived their personal lives. It's respecting what he did for his career to entertain people like us.

Something I thought of

If you're an drug-abuser for a long time (though I don't know how long he used), and you quit and turn your life around, aren't the long term effects from the drug use still potentially life-shortening (expediting organ failure, etc.)?

Guest mst3krules

Too many of these young people are dying from heart problems or drugs. What galls me is that, if they were part of a "real" sport (i.e. NFL, NBA, etc.) there would be a national uproar/inquiry about what's going on.

I remember watching the Road Warriors on Georgia Championship Wrestling as a kid. I was never a fan of theirs but they always scared the crap out of me.

Guest Trivia247

that forever breaks the LOD Roadwarrior team and thats always sad when a team can no longer reform..

Unless Animal drags the Power Warrior out of Japan.

If you're an drug-abuser for a long time (though I don't know how long he used), and you quit and turn your life around, aren't the long term effects from the drug use still potentially life-shortening (expediting organ failure, etc.)?

As a recovering alcoholic, who now tries to live the Straight Edge Lifestyle, I can tell you that yes that is a major worry of all those in recovery.

The sins of the past can still catch up with you in a big way. I have friends who have been clean for years who end up with liver problems, such as Hepatitis.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Fuck, and I only hired him this morning in EWR

RIP Hawk

Guest Choken One
roberts,_jake.jpg

How does this guy do it?

according to the rubber band theory...He's bound for something truly fucked up...

Besides, whats the status on him anyways?

Whatever happened to Damien anyways? Besides getting killed by Earthquake.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Jake Roberts used him as a dick at Heroes of Wrestling PPV and probably sold him for Crack last year.

RIP Road Warrior Hawk.

4 people who participated in that ten man tag are dead. :(

It's so weird to think we just saw him in May

May!?

My freaking nephew just saw him wrestle his final match just a mere three or so hours before he died.

Now THAT'S weird.