TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

WWE Bloodbath DVD

The lighting for their Wrestle War match is fairly bright, compared to events from earlier years.

The one thing I can't stand about the old NWA as far as the look and style goes, are those damn ring aprons. Plain ones are fine, but the ones that say "NWA" on them look like some Cub Scout came in with his dad's yellow electric tape before the show and made the letters himself.

Guest Dmann2000

Did anyone fill out those questoinnaire's that were inserted?

I hope eveyone gave "old classic matches" a 5 when asked what features you want to see on DVD.

Guest Askewniverse

I hope eveyone gave "old classic matches" a 5 when asked what features you want to see on DVD.

I did. I gave a 5 to Old matches and Never-before-televised matches.

Guest Dmann2000

I said the 5 stars I want to see featured on DVD are-

Benoit

Jericho

Guererro

Randy Savage

and...

DEMOLITION- so sue me damnit!

Guest Dynamite Kido

Dude, you would be an absolute fool to not buy the Flair DVD just because of the lighting. The Flair/Steamboat matches are some of the best ever on North American soil. These are a must own or at very least a must see for all wrestling fans. Flair/Steamboat have tore the house down everywhere they faught and the lighting doesn't change how truely kick ass the matches were. I PROMISE you will not be dissappointed. I honestly don't get the fact that sooooo many people hate the old school NWA set up as that is what pro wrestling was all about before WWF boom years. Maybe it's just me, but I'll take top notch wrestling with NWA lighting over mediocre action with great production value.

Guest Goodear
DEMOLITION- so sue me damnit!

There is nothing wrong with liking Demolition. Not only are they 'historically' significant in that they held the tag team titles for a record 13 months (and twice more besides that as I recall), but also Ax and Smash were deceptively smart workers who knew how to cut a ring in half like no other. I don't know that I would buy a DVD based soley on them but a tag team retrospective would be excellent.

Why can't there be both kick ass wrestling and great production values. Yes I love great wrestling, but I would like to be able to see it clearly. Just because I want good production values doesn't mean I don't want great wrestling. I still don't understand how being able to see the ring clearly and how watching a production put on by true professionals takes away from the action in the ring. It did not take away from Owen/Bret in the cage.

I remember the first two hour raw from a couple of years ago. It was from the Skydome in toronto. Since that day was originally supposed to air a taped raw WWF didn't bring all of their lighting. I remember everyone saying how cool the show looked. I just thought it looked dark and dirty so I watched Nitro that night.

I did. I gave a 5 to Old matches and Never-before-televised matches.

5 Old Matches, Never before seen matches, superstar commentrary

3 behind the scenes

1 photo gallery, weblinks, bobble head, 5:1, easter eggs

Superstar would like to see on DVD

RVD

Benoit

Jericho

Eddie Guerrero

Christian

Fav DVD

Mick Foley Hard knocks & Cheap Pops

The one thing I can't stand about the old NWA as far as the look and style goes, are those damn ring aprons. Plain ones are fine, but the ones that say "NWA" on them look like some Cub Scout came in with his dad's yellow electric tape before the show and made the letters himself.

I always liked it. It wasn't pretentious, and it was another sign of the NWA's preference of substance over style.

On an unrelated note, I've seen people mention the upcoming Ric Flair DVD set, but I can't find the original thread. Someone want to mention the confirmed matches for that set? Thanks.

By the way, I'm watching the Flair-Dusty cage match from disc 2. It's almost good to hear David Crockett again. ALMOST. Even as a dumb mark kid, he got on my nerves because he was so hyper and clearly biased towards the faces...

-Ben

On an unrelated note, I've seen people mention the upcoming Ric Flair DVD set, but I can't find the original thread.  Someone want to mention the confirmed matches for that set?  Thanks.
  • Ric Flair vs. Pete Sanchez (WWWF Debut, 3/1/76)
  • Ric Flair vs. NWA World champion Harley Race in a steel cage match with Gene Kiniski as the special referee (from Starrcade, Flair wins title, 23:46, 11/24/83)
  • NWA World champion Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes (from Starrcade, 22:04, 11/28/85)
  • NWA World champion Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham (from World Wide Wrestling, 45:00, 1/20/87)
  • Ric Flair vs. NWA World champion Ricky Steamboat in a best two out of three falls match (from Clash of the Champions VI, 55:32, 4/2/89)
  • Ric Flair vs. NWA World champion Ricky Steamboat (from WrestleWar, Flair wins title, 31:37, 5/7/89)
  • NWA World champion Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk in an "I Quit!" match (from Clash of the Champions IX, 18:33, 11/15/89)
  • 30-man Royal Rumble for the vacant WWF World title (62:02, 1/19/92)
  • WCW World champion Ric Flair vs. WCW International champion Sting in a title for title unification match (from Clash of the Champions XXVII, 17:17, 6/23/94)
  • Ric Flair vs. World Heavyweight champion Triple H with a post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV (from RAW, 7:24, 5/19/03)

Ric Flair vs. World Heavyweight champion Triple H with a post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV (from RAW, 7:24, 5/19/03)

Hopefully they edit out the announcement of Nash/HHH Being Hell in a Cell post match.

• Ric Flair vs. Pete Sanchez (WWWF Debut, 3/1/76)
  • Ric Flair vs. NWA World champion Harley Race in a steel cage match with Gene Kiniski as the special referee (from Starrcade, Flair wins title, 23:46, 11/24/83)
  • NWA World champion Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes (from Starrcade, 22:04, 11/28/85)
  • NWA World champion Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham (from World Wide Wrestling, 45:00, 1/20/87)
  • Ric Flair vs. NWA World champion Ricky Steamboat in a best two out of three falls match (from Clash of the Champions VI, 55:32, 4/2/89)
  • Ric Flair vs. NWA World champion Ricky Steamboat (from WrestleWar, Flair wins title, 31:37, 5/7/89)
  • NWA World champion Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk in an "I Quit!" match (from Clash of the Champions IX, 18:33, 11/15/89)
  • 30-man Royal Rumble for the vacant WWF World title (62:02, 1/19/92)
  • WCW World champion Ric Flair vs. WCW International champion Sting in a title for title unification match (from Clash of the Champions XXVII, 17:17, 6/23/94)
  • Ric Flair vs. World Heavyweight champion Triple H with a post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV (from RAW, 7:24, 5/19/03)

:headbang:

I'll drink to THAT! :cheers:

-Ben

So the second DVD would be a One Disc with

HBK Vs Taker-Badd Blood

Mankind Vs Taker-KOTR

Six Pac HIAC-Armagedeon

War Games 1987

War Games 1991

War Games 1992

Dreamer/Raven

Gangstas/Eliminators

Add Tito Santana & Bruno Sammartino v. Randy Savage & Adrian Adonis from the old Coliseum release Inside the Steel Cage to that hypothetical lineup. That one was always my favorite match from that tape.

Perhaps for easter eggs, we'll throw in the Tower of Doom match from GAB '88, and maybe the Andre-John Studd match where Andre did the buttdrop off the top rope.

-Ben

Guest Super Pissed Smark

For those interested, I hear the TripleH-Undertaker match from King of the Ring is really well lit.

For those interested I hear Super Pissed Smark obvisiously doesn't understand english. As I clearly stated I like great wrestling, I just like seeing it clearly. No one can answer my question of why just because you have good production values does the wrestling have to suffer.

Guest Choken One

Are you aware that The "third Rate ECW Production" NWA had was EQUAL to production TNA has which is quite decent but obviously not at the level of McMahon's compnay because to NWA it was about the WRESTLING not the fucking LARGER THEN LIFE sell that vince used to ruin the sport.

Do you understand that my point is that it can still be about the wrestling with good production. It doesn't cost much more for a few lighting grids for Starrcade.

How come no one can answer my question. Why does good production mean bad wrestling. Good production did not take away from Bret/Owen. Just because you have good production it does not mean you cannot focus on the in ring product. I do not want this to get into a pissing contest. As I said earlier to each his own. I was just giving my opinion, which some of you cannot seem to understand or except. GOOD PRODUCTION DOES NOT EQUAL BAD WRESTLING.

Guest Choken One

The Cameras and Production were focused on the in ring product in NWA unlike WWF was.

People like us could care less if the lighting was great...it's a pitty small thing to notice or care about.

We never said it had ANY effect on the quality...