TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deebo

Fuck Jimmy Fallon

Guest Deebo

Would it be asking too much to have both of these worthless fucks removed from SNL immedietly? Their little laughing bullshit has pissed me off for a long time but tonight was the last straw. They ruined an awesome Weekend Update with their childish crap. PLEASE. FIRE THEM. NOW

Wait till you read my review (It's almost done- I swear) I go into great detail about this.

Oh and btw- I totally blame Sanz for this. Jimmy looked pretty disinterested throughout.

And Tina had her classic 'that sucked' face.

Back to the review

Guest Mulatto Heat

It was pretty unfunny. Then again, Sanz and Fallon are two of the more unfunny people on that show.

And maybe barron can answer this since he knows what's going on with SNL since I only watch the show sporatically - where the HELL is Tracy Morgan?

Guest Mulatto Heat

You know, I now remember my brother telling me that he was leaving but I guess I refused to believe it because the possibility of no more Brian Fellow is too depressing to contemplate.

Ah well, it's not like with MadTV, where after finding out that Debra Wilson, the only consisently funny person on that show, left, I had no reason to watch it anymore. Not the same case with SNL.

I agree. Jimmy Fallon is fucking horrible. Sanz is pure rat shit as well, but Jimmy Fallon makes me homicidal. He's human excrement in regards to his acting skills (or lack thereof) and his awful handling of the News Update. I'd mark out if Tina Fey would just clock Fallon right in the fucking teeth with a right hook. That'd make my fuckin day.

Guest FrigidSoul

Jimmy Fallon is a(n extremely) poor man's Adam Sandler

Sanz is the type of guy that I would just punch in the face because they're so damn annoying

I stopped watching SNL after Farley, Spade, Sandler, Shneider, etc left. It just hasn't been funny since then IMHO

Sanz is the type of guy that I would just punch in the face because they're so damn annoying

I stopped watching SNL after Farley, Spade, Sandler, Shneider, etc left. It just hasn't been funny since then IMHO

Pretty much the same here

After the Spring '95 exodus of almost everyone and bringing a shitload of new and unfunny faces (face it, Will Ferrell = not funny) and overused gimmick characters, I only watched for WU with Norm, then after he left, I said fuck it

Wasn't that Sanz guy on MadTV?

I don't bother to watch either, that's why I'm curious because I've heard this guy's name affiliated with Mad...

No- Jeff Richards is the only castmember to have previously been on MadTV.

Seth Meyers' brother is also on the show.

I agree. Jimmy Fallon is fucking horrible. Sanz is pure rat shit as well, but Jimmy Fallon makes me homicidal. He's human excrement in regards to his acting skills (or lack thereof) and his awful handling of the News Update. I'd mark out if Tina Fey would just clock Fallon right in the fucking teeth with a right hook. That'd make my fuckin day.

You're hatred of Jimmy Fallon has caused you to be completely biased towards the guy. WU has really been awesome and part of that is because of Jimmy Fallon. It's not all Tina. Yea Jimmy has more clunkers but that Rod Roddy joke last night was pure brilliance. Top of the Morning is another really funny Jimmy skit.

When he wants to be Jimmy- can be great.

Not really- aside from the songs Jimmy and Adam aren't really much alike. Jimmy's strength is in his impressions while Adam's was wacky crazy characters.

Those guys leaving SAVED the show. After so many years there's only so much they can do and the 1994-1995 was abysmal because it was just them doing the same tired shit. Thank God they did fire those guys or there would've been no more SNL.

Bringing in Ferrell, Koechner, Hammond, etc saved the show and Lorne's credibility.

Pretty much the same here

After the Spring '95 exodus of almost everyone and bringing a shitload of new and unfunny faces (face it, Will Ferrell = not funny) and overused gimmick characters, I only watched for WU with Norm, then after he left, I said fuck it

The Spring 95 exodus was for a reason. SNL SUCKED.

Will Ferrell is funny. Some of the stuff that he and McKay have cooked up were some of the most brilliant things I've ever seen. 1995-1997 completely blows away 1993-1995 that it's not even funny.

The fact that Lorne was able to bring in all that new talent and make it work is a testament to his genius.

What amazes me is they were pumping out all these great and inventive skits- and they were still underusing Mark McKinney.

The Spring 95 exodus was for a reason. SNL SUCKED.

In a way, I'll agree with that. Anything that makes Chris Elliot not funny can't be a good thing.

But still, I remember watching the first 2-3 episodes with the new crew in '95 and thinking, essentially, "WTF is this?"

Hence, I'd only tune in after 11PM for 15 minutes or so to catch WU with Norm

Will Ferrell is funny.

If you say so. I'll leave that as opinion and nothing more.

What amazes me is they were pumping out all these great and inventive skits

Are you so sure about that? To me it seemed like they were taking all their new gimmick characters for the new crew and using them to death.

You know that there were only two Wild and Crazy guy sketches in the five years of Akroyd being on and Martin recurring several times on SNL? Hell, there were probably 10 Mary-Catherine Gallagher and Spartans Cheerleader sketches each in the first new crew season alone.

The second Rod Roddy joke was okay, but the first one turned the crowd against Jimmy.

I've never had as big a problem with breaking up during a skit as Bob does.

But, last night was too much. It wasn't the laughing, it was that I knew exactly what was going to happen once the camera revealed Hoatio was playing Buffet.

This was gonna be the same crap that always happens with Horatio and Jimmy on Update.

They tell the same joke ten times (when it wasn't funny to begin with), and worse (to me), they waste a bunch of time gigging, so a skit is probaby getting cut because of it.

I've become convinced that either Lorne or a group of the writers love it or else it woudn't be on the air so much.

How many weeks do you think it will be before Horatio shows up dressed as Gene Shalitt and the same damn thing happens again?

But still, I remember watching the first 2-3 episodes with the new crew in '95 and thinking, essentially, "WTF is this?"

You gotta remember- they were just finding their footing- it's gonna be awkward at first.

But the first episode had Get off the Shed- one of Ferrell's greatest skits.

Hence, I'd only tune in after 11PM for 15 minutes or so to catch WU with Norm

No disagreements there- Norm is God.

If you say so. I'll leave that as opinion and nothing more.

Fair enough.

Are you so sure about that? To me it seemed like they were taking all their new gimmick characters for the new crew and using them to death.

That didn't begin with the 1995 cast. They did Waynes World 19 times. They did Church Lady at least 15 times. Coffee Talk was also done a lot of times.

You know that there were only two Wild and Crazy guy sketches in the five years of Akroyd being on and Martin recurring several times on SNL?

A quick check reveals there were 5 Festrunk skits. That's not really a good example since Martin wasn't on the show every week.

Hell, there were probably 10 Mary-Catherine Gallagher and Spartans Cheerleader sketches each in the first new crew season alone.

MKG was done: 10.28.95, 12.2.95, 1.13.98, 4.20.96

Spartans: 12.16.95, 1.20.95, 2.24.96, 4.20.96, 5.18.96

They probably did each skit a wee bit too much but the Spartans played very well with the audience and a skit like that has so many different kinds of scenarios that it can be done a bunch of times.

The overusing of recurring characters has been done since the 80s.

Stuff like Get off the Shed, Wake up and Smile, Bill Brasky, anything Tim Meadows did- it was all good.

The second Rod Roddy joke was okay, but the first one turned the crowd against Jimmy.

Eh- I didn't mind it. I reminded me of how the crowd would get pissed at Norm for some of his stuff.

I've never had as big a problem with breaking up during a skit as Bob does.

But, last night was too much. It wasn't the laughing, it was that I knew exactly what was going to happen once the camera revealed Hoatio was playing Buffet.

The minute I saw Sanz I said: Oh boy- this can't end well.

This was gonna be the same crap that always happens with Horatio and Jimmy on Update.

They tell the same joke ten times (when it wasn't funny to begin with), and worse (to me), they waste a bunch of time gigging, so a skit is probaby getting cut because of it.

You're absolutely right- You see Horatio. You see Jimmy. You know something bad will happen.

I've become convinced that either Lorne or a group of the writers love it or else it woudn't be on the air so much.

I've heard that Lorne likes it even though I really hope that isn't true.

How many weeks do you think it will be before Horatio shows up dressed as Gene Shalitt and the same damn thing happens again?

Ugh

the Wake up and Smile< think that was the name> skit is one of my favs with Will and Nancy Walls<sp?> when David Allen Grier hosted and the teleprompter breaks and they completely lose it....

the Wake up and Smile< think that was the name> skit is one of my favs with Will and Nancy Walls<sp?> when David Allen Grier hosted and the teleprompter breaks and they completely lose it....

I just saw that one on Comedy Central the other day. The weatherman is dead!

Also, Morning Latte was always comedy gold.

yeah, in the director's cut he played a bigger role in the scene where they react to William using everything for the article, including a little speech on 'mystique', which was really good IMO.