TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Anything appealing at SurSer?

Guest Anglesault

Is there a single match at the PPV that one or more participant hasn't ruined? Let's CHECK~!

Five on Five

Bischoff vs. Austin

Y2J/BPP/Xian/Mizark/Suckbag vs. Booker/RVD/Dudleyz/HBK

It started off okayish with Jericho/Steiner/Xian/?/? vs. RVD/Booker/?/?/?. Okay, so it probably was't gonna be good, but adding Henry? The Dudleyz? SUCKBAG ORTON? This match, which once looked interesting, holds no appeal.

Five on Five

Brock/TBS/Hossi/?(Albert) vs. Angle/Benoit/Holly/Bradshaw/Faarooq(Cena)

Probably one of the worst on paper tag matches ever.

Taker vs. Vince

::spits::

Molly/Lita

Well, this could be MOTN if Lita lets Molly run it. They can get a whole **!

HHH/FGB

Watch the hilarity as Goldberg keeps forgetting to sell the ankle. NEXT

Kane/Shane

::sigh::

Now, Bad Blood looked bad on paper. So did Unforgiven and No Mercy (which kind of worked itself out) But has anything looked THIS bad in a long time?

The good thing about these Survivor Series matches is that they hide the limitations of the lesser talents involved. Clearly at least two Jericho/RVD/Christian/Michaels/Booker will last longer in the match than the Duds or the Worlds Strongest Sexual Olympian and if the Smackdown match lets the hosses hit the one or two moves they actually know before tagging out, that could be great, as it'll clearly end up with Brock against one of Cena-Angle-Benoit. They showed at Vengeance in the three way that people like Big Show can be entertaining if they don't feature in the match much

Guest Team Hoss

Did I miss something, or is there no real reason for the Smackdown 5 on 5 match? I don't recall it ever being explained, and if it was, they aren't repeating it ad naseum like they usually do. The Raw match at least has the Austin's fate angle to give it some sense of meaning, assuming you care about Austin. The SD match features several guys who have little to no heat, and with no issue to back up the match, and shoddy ring work a near given with Jones/Morgan/etc., I can see this match being a real bomb.

Guest Anglesault
I'm looking forward to the RAW Tag Match.

If they let Y2J do the whole thing, it might be good.

But Xian is subpar and Steiner, Mizark and Suckbag are varying degrees of awful.

Well, since SD! only has 2 matches so far, they could add The Guerreos/Bashams with the obvious Royal Rumble 94 tag match ending.

Hopefully the can squeeze out a Yakuza vs. Rey/Dragon/Kidman match with Kidman turning heel and joining Yakuza. SWERVE~!!!

I'm looking forward to the RAW Tag Match.

If they let Y2J do the whole thing, it might be good.

But Xian is subpar and Steiner, Mizark and Suckbag are varying degrees of awful.

It's a tag match- So they can do a lot of tagging in and out. The Dudleyz always have a lot of heat and I think Orton is getting better.

It won't be a MOTYC but I think it will be a fun match to watch

RAW's 5 on 5 promises to be a pretty entertaining match. Too bad the Dudleyz are in it, they're pretty boring.

SmackDown's 5 on 5 won't be the best wrestling-wise, but with some of my favourite wrestlers (Cena, Benoit, Angle, Lesnar) in it, I don't mind.

Undertaker/Vince should be overbooked crap, which I don't mind. Sounds pretty good.

Molly/Lita is a change from the usual "Trish vs. Molly, Victoria or Jazz" we get. With Lita in it, it won't be THAT great, but it should be okay. I'm a pretty big fan of women's wrestling. Hopefully Jazz comes back soon.

Goldberg vs. HHH could be alright. I'm liking their feud so far. I didn't mind the Unforgiven match.

Kane/Shane should have ended at Unforgiven. If the match is anything like Unforgiven, it will be entertaining, but I'm growing pretty weary of

Hopefully they'll throw in a Tajiri match, and a WGTT match. Possibly Tajiri/Yang/Sakoda/Bashams vs. Eddie/Chavo (he could turn near the end of this match)/WGTT (playing a tweener role) and Billy Kidman and Rey. THAT would be awesome.

And then they could throw in something like John Heidenreich vs. Rodney Mack on Heat.

All in all, it seems pretty good. I'm quite the optimist, while clearly some of you are downers about everything WWE does.

The thing about Survivor Series and the elimination matches is, as someone said earlier, the ability to hide faults and limitations........I'm sure Henry, Steiner wont be in too long and those matches are always fun to watch....Randy Orton is not that bad.

I might be optimistic but i think it'll be a fun night nad have some solid matches.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist
Hopefully the can squeeze out a Yakuza vs. Rey/Dragon/Kidman match with Kidman turning heel and joining Yakuza. SWERVE~!!!

Why, why, why would u want that

Why, why, why would u want that

[Russo Mode]American turncoats = major heat right? Swerves = ratings, no? [/Russo Mode]

Seriously though, they should have pulled the trigger on the Kidman turn long ago to freshen up the heel side of the CW division. Ok, maybe they shouldn't stick him with Yakuza, but a heel turn nonetheless is needed.

The blatently obvious problem with the Smackdown elimination match is the heel team.

Big Show, A-Train, Nathan Jones, and Matt Morgan are all practically worthless. Brock Lesnar is the only person that is capable of putting on a *** match on the team (one-on-one). And, since the heel team is required by the formula to carry much of the offense and dictate the pace of the match, we're in trouble.

Jason

Guest Anglesault
Randy Orton is not that bad.

Not at all good though.

No one has been able to give me the definitive *good* Orton match.

I've got a box full of bad ones.

Guest Anglesault
What IS the reason for the SD 5v5 match?

The way i understand it, Kurt is still pissed at brock for Cheating to win the belt. So to get belt back, he challenges Brock to a match where he can't possibly win the belt. makes sense.

Guest JRE

Well....since Kurt didn't actually challenge Brock to the match. It's simply an establishment as Paul Heyman as GM. As well as possibly pushing Benoit to ME level, establishing Morgan and Jones, turning John Cena face, starting some other feuds, confront Heyman's relationship with Lesnar.....and so on

Guest Anglesault
Well....since Kurt didn't actually challenge Brock to the match. It's simply an establishment as Paul Heyman as GM. As well as possibly pushing Benoit to ME level, establishing Morgan and Jones, turning John Cena face, starting some other feuds, confront Heyman's relationship with Lesnar.....and so on

I think he meant storyline wise.

Brock seemed surprised, so I say Angle made the challenge.

Guest Anglesault
I mark for old school Survivor Series matches and I'd probably enjoy both of them as long as the better wrestlers carry most of the workload.

But how long can just Jericho and Shawn work that Raw match?

Actually if they were to have a cruiserweight 6-man it would be........Yakuza vs. Rey/Noble/Dragon.

Those 3 have been set up to face Yakuza more than Kidman. Kidman in there makes little to no sense.

Guest Anglesault
Actually if they were to have a cruiserweight 6-man it would be........Yakuza vs. Rey/Noble/Dragon.

Those 3 have been set up to face Yakuza more than Kidman. Kidman in there makes little to no sense.

Ah.

That being said...

Kidman/Ultimo/Rey vs. Yakuza.

Guest Choken One

I was under the impression that Heyman booked the match because he wanted to show off his new found superstars and convinced Angle to do the match and that he could be the leader...

Guest Anglesault
I was under the impression that Heyman booked the match because he wanted to show off his new found superstars and convinced Angle to do the match and that he could be the leader...

I was under the impression that the WWE writing team was too damn lazy to write a on screen reasoning so they just made the match and left an actual purpose for the fans to decide.