TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

"The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection"

World Wrestling Entertainment Releasing 3-dvd Set of Legendary Superstar Ric Flair on 11/18/03

STAMFORD, Conn.--Nov. 5, 2003--

30 Year Career Spanning DVD Includes Feuds With Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat and Sting

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE) today announced the November 18 release of THE ULTIMATE RIC FLAIR COLLECTION, more than 10 hours of material on DVD covering every aspect of "The Nature Boys" illustrious career and 16 world championships.

From Ric Flair's debut match on March 1, 1976, with Pete Sanchez to a match from this past year with Triple H, that includes a never-before-seen post-show tribute, this first-ever Ric Flair WWE DVD has it all.

The name Ric Flair draws universal awe and admiration. He is the 16-time Heavyweight Champion of the World and has held the World Championship more times than any competitor in the history of sports-entertainment. Fans around the world pay tribute by shouting his trademark "Woooooo!" He's influenced more Superstars than anyone else. There are legends and all-time greats, but there is only one Ric Flair.

But Flair's legacy extends far beyond statistics. Flair's charisma, energy and signature "Woooooo!" expression have made him a worldwide legend -- from his birthplace of Minnesota, to his longtime hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina; from coast to coast, to around the world. Flair received one of the loudest ovations ever heard on Nov. 19, 2001, in Charlotte, when he made his surprise return to World Wrestling Entertainment. He staged perhaps the greatest performance in Royal Rumble history in 1992, capturing the vacant WWE Championship by lasting over an hour in the ring. After losing the title to Randy Savage in the main event of WrestleMania VIII, Flair regained the title in late August of 1992, and then lost the championship to Bret Hart the following month.

This 3-DVD set chronicles over three decades of Ric Flair's illustrious career featuring his feuds with Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat and Sting.

3-DVD set with 10.5 hours of material including:

-- Debut match vs. Pete Sanchez 3.1.76

-- A day in the life of the Four Horsemen

-- His match with Triple H from 5.19.03 Raw with a post-show tribute that has never-been-seen on TV

-- All the promos & controversies surrounding his greatest matches against Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Terry Funk, Sting as well as his 1992 Royal Rumble victory.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE) is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For additional information on WrestleMania xx, to be broadcast live on pay-per-view from Madison Square Garden in New York City on March 14, 2004, go to wrestlemania.wwe.com. Information on television ratings and community activities can be found at parents.wwe.com.

Trademarks: The names of all World Wrestling Entertainment televised and live programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and wrestling moves and all World Wrestling Entertainment logos are trademarks, which are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.

Can someone give me the listing of FULL matches? Thanks in advance.

Matches included in this incredible set are:

Ric Flair vs. Harley Race - Starrcade 1983

Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes - Starrcade 1985

Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham - January 1987

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat - Clash of the Champions VI

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat - Wrestlewar 1989

Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk - Clash of the Champions IX

Royal Rumble 1992 featuring Ric Flair

Ric Flair vs. Sting - Clash of the Champions XXVII

There are many hours of extras, including:

The DVD will also feature:

Flair & Windham vs Steamboat & Gilbert

Flair's WWE TV Debut

Flair attacks Piper

A Workout With Piper

PWI Wrestler of the Decade

The Final Nitro

*Debut match with the WWWF vs. Pete Sanchez 3/1/76

*A day in the life of the Four Horsemen

*Flair's match with Triple H from 5.19.03 Raw with a post-show tribute hat has never-been-seen before on TV

Plus all the promos & controversies surrounding his greatest matches against Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, Terry Funk, Sting as well as his 1992 Royal Rumble victory.

BONUS: 6 hidden Easter eggs

Guest JumpinJackFlash

You know, every time I think about the Flair DVD, I forget one of the matches thats on there. But when I remeber it, I become happier. :)

Did that sound gay? :ph34r: :bonk:

As much as the smarks hate him, I kinda wish there was a Flair/Luger match on there. Luger's no selling and power moves complimented Flair's cowardly, desperate act pretty well.

Nothing to hate about Luger if you limit to a certain time period. He, at one time, was a pretty damn solid worker.

As much as the smarks hate him, I kinda wish there was a Flair/Luger match on there.  Luger's no selling and power moves complimented Flair's cowardly, desperate act pretty well.

Nothing to hate about Luger if you limit to a certain time period. He, at one time, was a pretty damn solid worker.

I thought the GAB 1988 match was very good back in the day. Haven't seen the tape in YEARS.

Always wanted to see the Starrcade 1988 match, but never have.

The tape I have for WrestleWar 1990 has the match JIP, but looked great nonetheless.

Also liked the Luger/Flair cage match from Capital Combat 1990.

No comment from the mid 1990s stuff. I marked for it, but the 1980s stuff would be MUCH better.

I am surprised that they did not include that battle royal where Luger turned on the Horsemen.

Wasn't it the other way around?

I think it was a Buckhouse Stampede or some kind of money battle royal. I think it was JJ Dillion, Flair, Arn, Luger as the last survivors and it seemed like they made a deal to jump out of the ring at the same time so they could split the winnings but Luger had ideas of his own and threw out everybody to win the match.

I am surprised that they did not include that battle royal where Luger turned on the Horsemen.

Wasn't it the other way around?

I think it was a Buckhouse Stampede or some kind of money battle royal. I think it was JJ Dillion, Flair, Arn, Luger as the last survivors and it seemed like they made a deal to jump out of the ring at the same time so they could split the winnings but Luger had ideas of his own and threw out everybody to win the match.

Yes, but on a little correction, he only threw out the last person remaining in the ring, JJ Dillon. Everybody (Tully, Arn and luger) agreed to eliminate themselves to give Dillon the win, but Luger changed his mind at the last minute.

And it was Tully, not Flair. Flair came out later to help out with the attack on Luger.

Guest Boo_Bradley
I pre ordered this for only 18 bucks :)

Wow...where'd you preorder it for that?

www.deepdiscountdvd.com

As much as the smarks hate him, I kinda wish there was a Flair/Luger match on there. Luger's no selling and power moves complimented Flair's cowardly, desperate act pretty well.

Unfortunately, I can only remember their Thunder match from February 1998.

I'm still peeved that they didn't include Flair / Savage (WM 8) or Flar / Vader (SC '93). They definitely need to come out with The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection Part II.

There's an outside chance that all of the matches haven't been made public yet (considering they have 10 hours of confirmed footage on the set).

Guest Choken One

Flair/Savage is rumored to be being saved for a WM DVD series and Flair/Vader was 29 minutes of Vader killing flair and 3 seconds of a Sloppy cradle from flair. Not really the best match to showcase the guy.

Flair/Savage is rumored to be being saved for a WM DVD series and Flair/Vader was 29 minutes of Vader killing flair and 3 seconds of a Sloppy cradle from flair. Not really the best match to showcase the guy.

Yeah, but the C-NC crowd made that match.

Read: Hogan/Rock.

Well, I'm just simply shocked that the match where he won the world title on one of WCW's biggest PPV in his hometown didn't make the cut.

Come to think of it, I'm shocked HBK's title win over Sid at RR '97 in his hometown wasn't on his DVD either. :huh:

Guest Choken One

I wonder how much if any say did Flair have on the dvd?

I can't imagine that he wouldn't try to get the Fall Brawl 95 match on there to showcase his best friend and show off one of his best angles ever.

I could see flair not wanting to have vader match on there because he was murdered for 29 minutes...

I'm still peeved that they didn't include Flair / Savage (WM 8) or Flar / Vader (SC '93). They definitely need to come out with The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection Part II.

I'd love a Part 2 as much as anybody else but based on how much essential stuff we must have feard being left off with a WWE release the set looks excellent. Including some Flair/Piper confrontations is a great little bonus from a personal standpoint as I remember that being classic stuff and genuinely electric at the time.

Guest Choken One

I just hope they give us the Insane Aslyum footage...

It might have been Flair's lowest point but damn it he did that with style and of course the Hall Cameo was the highlight.

I could see flair not wanting to have vader match on there because he was murdered for 29 minutes...

The match pitted a monster who had destroyed everyone from Sting to Ron Simmons to Nikita Koloff to Cactus Jack ... against a man who was on the verge of turning 45 and was in career limbo. For Vader not to kill Flair for the majority of the match would have only made Vader look bad.

I'm not a big fan of the star ratings but I recently got a few years' worth of Observers and Meltzer gave it much love, though I don't recall the specifics offhand. I would say it was Vader's best match in WCW - Flair sold the champion's offense (including the superplex) like it was the airplane crash all over again.

If I were Flair, I would certainly want it on the DVD for the historic against-all-odds comeback in front of the hometown crowd ... bloody mouth and all.

Guest Choken One

Oh I completely Understand but WWE likely more then not didn't want to showcase flair getting killed by someone not on their payroll.

Hey folks, there are 6 secret easter eggs. Shawn Michaels had 2 (Buddy Rose blowaway diet for the AWA match tie in, and his losing my smile speech) and Hogan had 2 also (Real American music video and him and Gene singing/playing bass). Anyone want to speculate on what the 6 could be or even what you'd like them to be?

-Horsemen reunion, Sept. 98

-At the mental institution (special appearence by Scott Hall)

-Flair shows up the night after Survivor Series 01

-The interview where he "had a heart attack".

-Flair and friends turn on Sting to reform the horsemen in 95

-How about a montage showing all his world title wins (like the pins and him with the titles?)

Of course those might be a little long, and likely they'll be short interviews or such, but we'll see!