TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

Rob E Dangerously

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Tennessee in the best team is the NFL.

Michael Holley of the Boston Globe on Around the Horn-"Greg Robinson, the Kansas City defensive coordinator, takes to many chances and Steve McNair, the MVP, will exploit their overrated defense. Tennessee has 30 points a game, six games in a row. Only two other teams have done that in NFL history. I like the Titans in the AFC Title game."

Stat Boy from ESPN on Around the Horn-"I think Kansas City will go undefeated in the regular season, but will lose to the Titans in the AFC Title game. The Titans are the most complete team in the NFL. That offense is incredible. Steve McNair is incredible. The Titan defense is the key. They are much better than the KC defense. They made the Dolphins look pathetic and turned a hyped AFC game into a route."

Eat that. I told you the Chiefs are just lucky and they don't have to play the Patriots or Colts or Titans in the regular season. What, are the Around the Horn guys just anti-Chiefs like Randy Cross, who said the same thing in the Titans-Dolphins game yesterday. He said they had 4 Chief games and he thinks the Titans are the better team.

It really don't matter though. You'll all realize it when the Titans whip the Chiefs in the title game.

I must agree. I don't even watch ATH, and I called Titans over Chiefs in the AFC title game last night. I don't think the Chiefs are that good, and they benefit from a sickeningly easy schedule. I do see them going 16-0, only to get eliminated in the AFC title game by MY boys, the Titans.

Then watch the 6 ET SC. On the preview, they said they are gonna create a BCS for the NFL that will decide who the best is. Actually, if its a BCS type, then it'll probably have the Chiefs #1 due to record.

Guest Just J
I usually don't involve myself in football discussions, but I don't think anything said on ATH amounts to much of anything.

You're right. That show is a bunch of idiots spouting off at the mouth giving thier opinions on things. Usually their opinions are as worthless as my asshole, but the Titans are very good, but not as good as KC.

I like when people have an opinion (Titans are better than Chiefs), then when one person on TV says similar that means they must be right. HAHAHA, Fuck you Michael Holley agrees with me, I'm right.

Guest Just J

Anyone who can go undefeated until this point of the season in the NFL is damn good. Even the bad teams can bite you in the ass. I don't put as much into scedules in the NFL just for that reason.

AHA. The Chiefs have the WORST schedule in the NFL. They said so on the SBCS rankings on SC. They were still number one for record, but how can you defend that schedule.

No, that would be Minnesota.

KC beat one of the best defenses in the AFC(the Ravens) and thier schedule is "bad"... What a fucking joke.

Plus, it doesn't really help when practically everybody who does anything for ESPN has a hard-on for Steve McNair who, while a damn good player, is shit when his blase receiving corp is shutdown(a la NE and Indy) by an actual TALENTED secondary.

When all the lemmings over at ESPN come up for air after fellating McNair, call me. Maybe then I'll put stock into whatever they say.

Oooooh.. Stat Boy.. the expert on the NFL speaks!

Michael Holley, the man you quote, also claims that Eric Warfield is having a great year. If you ever watched a Chiefs game, you'd catch on to the fact that Warfield sucks at covering recievers. He's good at hitting them, but not at stopping them from catching passes.

As for strength of schedule, it's not KC's fault that the AFC west crumbled. 2003, the Chiefs finished last with an 8-8 record. I'd say the AFC West was pretty freaking strong then. It's not KC's problem that Gannon and the Raiders got too old for the NFL. It's not KC's problem that San Diego sucks this year. It's not KC's problem that Jake Plummer can't get off of the couch without hurting himself.

Hey, I guess it's KC fault that they just happened to face the NFC Central (I bet they PAID somebody to do that) and it's their fault that they faced the fourth place teams from 2003 while poor Tennessee has to face Oakland.

The Tennessee Titans suffer from one huge problem. They are choke artists. The Super Bowl, they got to the red zone, down 7 to the Rams, and they couldn't win the game. They lost the AFC title game to Oakland. Even back when they were the Oilers, they were the SUPER FUCKING AWESOME TEAM that blew a HUGE lead to the Bils, and they were also going to KILL Kansas City and go to the Super Bowl with the mind of Buddy Ryan.

Maybe Jeff Fisher's the choker here. Or maybe it's McNair. Hey, I bet when you guys went 13-3 and lost your first game, you didn't run your QB or kicker out of town. (Ask Lin Elliot)

Oh yeah.. don't lecture me on strength of schedule when you got the Jaguars, Falcons and Jets coming up. What the hell does strength of schedule mean after 10 weeks. That some teams that KC faced have bad records? What's the SOS looking like if you take out their loss to Kansas City?

Hell Ankle.. the only time the Titans are going to Houston this year will be to play the Texans.

He said they had 4 Chief games and he thinks the Titans are the better team.

I wouldn't rely on Randy Cross for wisdom.

""Right now, Kansas City is playing better than anyone," Cross said in a phone interview this week. "But the Chargers won the September NFL title the last couple of years, didn't they?""

“What did the Chiefs do the last time they started 4-0? They got excited and finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs.” - Randy Cross, CBS

With the accuracy of Randy Cross.. I want him to keep it up, at his pace.. the Chiefs will go 19-0

I usually don't involve myself in football discussions, but I don't think anything said on ATH amounts to much of anything.

Woody Paige calls everybody a jabronie and today he brought up GNOMES!

You just wait till the AFC title game. Just wait. MVP McNair will shread that horrible excuse for a defense and the Titan D will sack that horrible excuse for a QB 10 times.

AFC Title: Titans 42-Chiefs 17 Eh, sounds about right.

You just wait till the AFC title game. Just wait. MVP McNair will shread that horrible excuse for a defense and the Titan D will sack that horrible excuse for a QB 10 times.

People said that when they played the Raiders in the title game last year and look at how *that* turned out...

I just want to say one more thing..

I don't see Bud Adams raising his first Lombardi trophy in the city he fucked over. Something tells me that's not going to happen. I'm sure there's a fan base in Houston that isn't going to be watching the super bowl to cheer on Bud Adams.

You just wait till the AFC title game.

Provided that the Titans don't choke and lose in their first game. :D

Just wait. MVP McNair will shread that horrible excuse for a defense

Oh yeah.. that horrible defense that has intercepted 19 passes (leading the AFC) and caused 10 fumbles (leading the AFC).

KC's 11th in the AFC (but, there's a catch..), as for run defense, that's only relevant if the Titans had a runningback.

and the Titan D will sack that horrible excuse for a QB 10 times.

Kids.. don't smoke crack

here's some facts for ya!

The Titans have the best run defense in the AFC

and..

the worst pass defense in the AFC.

I wonder if they'll let Johnnie do the worm in January. Hell, you know that Priest will get more than 73 yards (and maybe some more)

Who's your bookee, Chad Johnson?

The Chiefs aren't nearly as good as the Raiders were. And the Titans are much better now anyways

Which is of course why the Titans beat the Colts and the Patriots, right?

will McNair throw for over 200 yards in a road game this year?

will McNair end up hurting himself this year?

Guest Choken One

Please, All ya suckas gots to know that the 7-9 Bengals are gonna storm through the AFC Playoffs and emerge as the AFC Champions.

The Chiefs aren't nearly as good as the Raiders were. And the Titans are much better now anyways.

Actually, the Chiefs are better, especially since they didn't fold like an accordian for 4 weeks til hitting their stride.

As for the Titans, their running game is worse than last year's dismal effort from George. Like I stated before, any secondary worth their salt could shutdown the Titans' passing attack(which is the only way they can score unless George pulls a decent game out of his ass), hence why NE and Indy both beat them.

Could the Titans beat the Chiefs? Yep. In this day and age, any team could beat any other team, hence Jacksonville beating the Colts and Arizona beating GB, SF, and Cincy.

Does that make the Titans the best team in the NFL? Nope. Being a homer is nice and all, but facts are facts.

Geez, didn't think we had so many Chief fans on this board. The Titans have averaged about 130 yards rushing the past 4 games by alternating 3 backs: George, Holcomb, and Brown. That is PLENTY enough for McNair. And what is with the McNair hate? He is by FAR the best player in the league. And no, that isn't even considered an opinion right now. Its a dead on fact. Why do you think it is so easy to stop the Titan offense. No one else has. They are one of three teams in history to score 30+ in 6 straight. And we've played much better defenses than KC in that stretch.

Yeah, and I think the Chiefs would definately have lost had they played a schedule that isn't ranked last in the league. Pats and Colts are perfectly acceptable losses considering they are the 3rd and 4th best teams in the league.

Titan D>Chief D

Titan WR=Chief WR Titans actually have better receiving numbers.

Holmes SLIGHTLY>Overall Titan rushing

McNair>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Green. That is all that matters right now.

McNair is not that much better than Green right now. McNair is the best QB in the league, currently, but Green is playing at a top 5 caliber.

Priest Holmes destroys the Titans running game.

Chiefs have the highest turnover differential in the league. So their defense can't be too bad.

Dante Hall > Titans special teams

OMG CHEIFZ FAN WTF?!? I am not a chiefs fan or McNair hater, BTW.

Geez, didn't think we had so many Chief fans on this board.

Because when all else fails in a sports debate, just accuse your adversaries of bias.

Mods, just change his SN to Parker Lewis, because he CAN'T LOSE now.

Holmes SLIGHTLY>Overall Titan rushing

McNair>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Green. That is all that matters right now.

Priest Holmes is far and away better than all of the Titans RB's combined.

And McNair is better than Trent Green, but Green is hardly a scrub, he's playing like one of the better QB's in the league right now, KC wouldn't be undefeated if he wasn't.

Geez, didn't think we had so many Chief fans on this board. And what is with the McNair hate? He is by FAR the best player in the league. And no, that isn't even considered an opinion right now. Its a dead on fact.

Okay, first off, I'm a Jacksonville fan, not a Chiefs fan. The next time you want to debate something, try not to lump anyone who disagrees with you into one pile, you'll look less desperate that way.

As for McNair, I never said I hated him. In fact, I called him a damn good player because that's what he is.

The Titans have averaged about 130 yards rushing the past 4 games by alternating 3 backs: George, Holcomb, and Brown. That is PLENTY enough for McNair.

And who have they played in that span that was agood rushing defense?

Why do you think it is so easy to stop the Titan offense. No one else has. They are one of three teams in history to score 30+ in 6 straight. And we've played much better defenses than KC in that stretch.

Yet they still lost to Indy and the Patriots... And what's this about playing better defenses? Name one team the Titans have played that's either as good or better than the Ravens. I dare you.

Yeah, and I think the Chiefs would definately have lost had they played a schedule that isn't ranked last in the league.

The NFL makes the schedules, not the teams themselves. Plus, it's not the Chiefs' fault that all the things that happened in the AFC West did happen.

Att/Comp/Yds/TD/INT/Rating Rushing attempts/yards/TD

McNair, Steve QB 255 168 2210 15 3 107.8 23 84 3

Green, Trent QB 281 171 2204 14 7 91.7 22 48 1

So McNair has 42 more total yards, 3 total TDs, and 4 less INTs.

OMG McNair is eleventy billion times better than Green.

And the Titans are 27th in the league in rushing YPG with the worst YPC in the league, but Holmes and the KC rushing offense is only thismuch better.