TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kirk angel

Who's left

Guest Besus

I didn't know HHH had 100% booking power.

You didn't know that? Well he do.

:blink:

lol Sarcasm Brave, just sarcasm.

I guess I should of put the roll smilie after it. I thought you all would figure im only joking.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Booker T is the most overrated wrestler on the internet.

Someone explain to me what makes Booker T so great? He's never had a great match. He's boring besides a catchphase and a spinaroonie. He's not that great in the ring. He's slow and dull and when he does speed up he's sloppy. He sucked when he was the typical angry black man, then the black guy who over came the odds to be the WCW world champion and now he's a comedy midcarder at best who gets cheap pops. He's good for a laugh here and there.

I'll take Triple H with two torn quads over the Book.

I'd take Bob Backlund over Triple H right now.

I USED to like Triple H, but he just ain't good anymore. Give me the Triple H from 2000/2001, and I would not be complaining one bit about him having any titles. Problem is, it has become REALLY hard to get a good match out of him. At least Booker T can be carried to a really good match.

When was the last time Booker T had a good match?

His tag matches against Jericho and Christian with Goldust were some really good matches.

Triple H's only good matches recently have been 1) HBK and 2) Elimination Chamber.

It's not even so much than HHH sucks in the ring. It's that all the heels constantly look weak...but him (and other McMahons). HHH always looks strong, and almost never shows fear or worry or intimidation. Read Foley is Good where Mick goes over the Cactus Jack transformation scene--and it'll stick out at you just what is wrong with HHH's character now.

NO CHALLENGERS DRAW BECAUSE NO CHALLENGERS LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE A CHANCE IN HELL OF WINNING!! It's not difficult to figure out. We don't know what the figures look like for Goldberg as a draw, but even he was made to look comparatively weak compared to HHH.

If one of the persons in a feud doesn't look like he'll be able to compete, then there's no real intrigue for the big blowoff. However, ideally the heel looks strong going into the big blowoff and jobs.

Usually this doesn't happen because Trips rarely jobs, but look at Raw--Goldberg looked rather weak, BUT he got the last shot in. Hence, most people aren't too optimistic that Goldberg will retain.

The reason Ric and HHH's first title runs worked because you knew they were beatable. They didn't look like pusses, but they were able to be beaten, and you figured that on any given night, some one could finally take that strap from him.

HHH these days almost never jobs these days except for tag matches, which WWE has trained the fans to believe means jack shit anyway.

His tag matches against Jericho and Christian with Goldust were some really good matches.

Triple H's only good matches recently have been 1) HBK and 2) Elimination Chamber.

How long ago were those tag matches?

I'm not sure which Elimination Chamber you're talking about, but Triple H didn't really do anything in either one.

Guest Besus

In July against Christian.

Yeah another gimmicked match.*sighs*

I must have missed the one good match out of the 10 awful matches I saw between Booker and Christian. Those two never clicked. Matter of fact, Booker never clicks with anyone.

I must have missed the one good match out of the 10 awful matches I saw between Booker and Christian. Those two never clicked. Matter of fact, Booker never clicks with anyone.

I missed that match as well.

Guest Goodear

In retrospect, Booker has shown that he's not a main event player by having bad matches a lot of the time with Jericho and Christian (could that sunset flip out of the corner be anymore played out?). They should really stop trying to have him be serious and go back to Booker doing films and being nutty with Goldust which was fun as hell. The whole racism angle was basically scrapped a few weeks in by everyone by Jerry Lawler (who STILL hasn't dropped it) due to the change in booking plans that came with the signing of Goldberg. Who was a better choice and is surprisingly wrestling better than Booker T right now.

Steiner and Nash both BLOOOOW and no one could have possibly gotten anything out of them that could have possibly gotten anything out of them unless they played a pinball ala Shawn Michaels ... and even then Brrrrr.

The problem with Triple H in my opinion is that they need to get away from the pedigree a little bit as far as a finish so it doesn't seem so telegraphed (which was the real weakness to the Flair match) and establish some other finishes for Triple H that don't knock out his opponents so we get more of a 'skin of his teeth' feel out of his wins.

Guest nikowwf

BOOKER T IS NOT THAT GREAT is not a valid defense of HHH going over everyone forever and making all the faces look like sh*t. Sorry, im not following the logic there.

niko

Guest Goodear

It's a valid defense for Booker not going over though since its patently obvious he would have been a failure at the top of the card. Goldberg was a much better option to put over and that is what they did.

But yes, Triple H is booked a little too strongly for too long a period of time and needs to be shifted down a bit to blood feuds for a while before he gets moved back into title contention. A year without the big belt would be a good idea to freshen the guy up.

Guest Plushy Al Logan

Possible people to feud with:

Well even though these are not wrestlers, I think Vinnie Mac should sign them to face HHH,

Anglesualt

Dames

...various other posters at this board.

It will be fun to read everyone's reaction when Unfuckable with gets Pedigreed into nothing.

Guest BionicRedneck
I USED to like Triple H, but he just ain't good anymore. Give me the Triple H from 2000/2001, and I would not be complaining one bit about him having any titles. Problem is, it has become REALLY hard to get a good match out of him.

Pffft. HHH didn't suddenly become awful. He was just never that good, and now he doesn't have Foley, Jericho etc. to play with. Plus, he doesn't have the heat he did before. He's pretty much the same wrestler.

It really is a myth that HHH was ever great. People talk about his "great" period of 00-01, but in reality it wasn't even that long. He had a great six months. The Foley feud and the Rock feud were good, and that's about it. Even by 2001 he was pretty crap.

Most. Overrated. Wrestler. Ever.

Well, until Kurt Angle overtook him.

Guest nikowwf

HHH would be a much more compelling wrestler if he didn't have to have the top position ALL THE TIME. OF course everyone hates HHH. Unless you are a HHH fan, your favorite wrestler will look like sh*t after fighting him. Are you a Kane fan? An RVD fan? An Jericho Fan? An Angle Fan? Hell, even if you were a Rock or Austin fan you went into the feud knowing your favorite guy was losing to this hated heel - 100% certain no doubt. And if your guy won, he was certainly losing the next time, because HHH has to get the last word.

Thats why everyone hates him. His presence kills any drama in any angle. HHH vs. X - HHH wins. HHH vs. X,Y & Z - HHH wins. Doesnt matter who he faces.

niko

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that realizes what a boring, bland wrestler Booker T is.

Give Triple H a run with some OVER, CREDIBLE TALENT and then see if his ringwork improves. His JOB is to represent the RAW brand as either the biggest name (World Champion) or the top heel challenger.

His job is not to make RVD seem like a credible challenger. That's RVD's job through his ringwork and promos. One of which he doesn't do.

His job is not to make Booker T see like a credible challenger. Sure, he gets nice pops for his entrance, but his boring ringwork is what makes him UNINTERESTING and not CREDIBLE...not "HHH being unbeatable".

Anyone bashing HHH for his position is full of shit. He deserves it more than a glorified WCW tag team wrestler or The Comic Book Guy.

Actually you're right and wrong.

Yes it is there job to get themselves over but it is also HHH's job to get them over so that the feud has more heat.

It doesn't nothing when Booker builds himself up and HHH comes out and goes "You're nothing" and proceeds to make him look like shit. No amount of promo's can help that.

Your logic is funny and backwards.

Guest Ray
I'd take Bob Backlund over Triple H right now.

Bob in his prime > Triple H

vs. Steve Austin - Smackdown 1/24/02 was good, if I recall. Wasn't there a decent Angle-Booker match in 2001 as well?

A few watchable tags too.

Triple H's only good matches recently have been 1) HBK

When did Triple H have a good match with Michaels?

Booker never clicks with anyone.

vs. Steve Austin - Smackdown 1/24/02. But of course, Austin is the best WWF/E wrestler ever...

Pffft. HHH didn't suddenly become awful. He was just never that good, and now he doesn't have Foley, Jericho etc. to play with. Plus, he doesn't have the heat he did before. He's pretty much the same wrestler.

It really is a myth that HHH was ever great. People talk about his "great" period of 00-01, but in reality it wasn't even that long. He had a great six months. The Foley feud and the Rock feud were good, and that's about it. Even by 2001 he was pretty crap.

Exactly. His good heat in 2000 (which he only got after Foley killed himself to get HHH over) had a lot to do with the impression that he was great.

Most. Overrated. Wrestler. Ever.

Well, until Kurt Angle overtook him.

:headbang: