TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

Who are the most narrow minded music fans?

Honestly, metal fans are the most narrow minded idiots on the planet, to the point of "Thats not loud! I don't like that!" See Zakk Wylde for a pretty good example of one. I drink beer and curse every word! I am metal dammit!

I lifted this from the Metal Fans thread.

Who really are the most narrow minded music fans?

I'm going to have to disagree with that and say that Punk Rockers are actually. I have a couple of punk friends and jesus it's annoying to hang out with them.

Anything that's remotely nice "That's not punk rock!" We'll listen to the fucking radio and hear like Timberlake or something "What the hell? That's not punk rock!" And I'm like "What the fuck!? It's Justin Fucking Timberlake! He's not trying to be punk rock!" Seriously it's really....really.....annoying.

Like we went to a Dropkick Murphy's show. We were leaving and there were a bunch of new trucks and mustangs in the parking lot and my "friend" goes "Look at all these nice cars....that's not very punk rock!"

JESUS! NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE PUNK ROCK!!!!!!!!! AND IF PUNK ROCK IS BEING POOR AND HAVING SHITTY THINGS THEN I DON'T WANT TO BE PUNK ROCK!!!!

Sorry I was about to explode there.

Oh and in my experience they are ALL political radicals. Radicals are more close minded than fucking Conservatives. They think that the government can do NO right and are always out looking for the smallest discrepancy so they can go "LOOK! THE GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT! THEY SPENT A DOLLAR MORE ON THIS! THEY ARE STEALING OUR MONEY!!!"

Oh well.....back to narrow minded music fans. Who do you think are the most narrow minded?

Guest Choken One

The funny thing...Punk Rock is a bigger sham then anything else just about.

They talk anti-establishment that and this but they are just as typical as the rest are...Trying to be cool by being rebelious so they put on the leather spiked jacket and stick on the Rancid and Sex Pistols Patches and dye their hair orange. It's the same as the poppy kids with Khakis and A&F.

The funny thing...Punk Rock is a bigger sham then anything else just about.

They talk anti-establishment that and this but they are just as typical as the rest are...Trying to be cool by being rebelious so they put on the leather spiked jacket and stick on the Rancid and Sex Pistols Patches and dye their hair orange. It's the same as the poppy kids with Khakis and A&F.

I know. I think the girl in SLC Punk said it best when she said "Isn't that stuff kind of like a uniform?"

That's what I try to tell my "punk" friends. That movie makes a better statement about Punk Rock than anything. It's a thing that you have to grow out of. It won't get you anywhere in life. In the end you have to "sell out" to make it in life.

Unfortunately they don't get this. They continue to put on there uniform and ride around in there beat up cars listening to punk rock while shaking there fists at the sky. Nevermind if a different genre of music catches there ear and they *SHOCK* actually like it. They'd never admit to it. They're punk rockers dammit! They only listen to punk rock! Dammit! Punk rockers are all poor losers who are fighting the establishment! That's why NOFX is rich as hell and does the corporate Vans Warped Tour! That's why Bad Religion is rich and there lead singer teaches at a college! He's working for the system man!

Yes you're right Choken. Punk rock is a sham.

Guest Choken One

U mean those frail skinny Waif fuckers with tight t shirts and two hundred fucking waistbands to cover the cut marks with the fucking shaggy hair and lame ass driving Hybrid car cocksmokers?

I HATE THOSE FUCKS.

Guest Choken One

The thing is...Punk in it's true essence existed for 4 months in 1977.

Since then it's been a fashion show/genre for misleaded idiots who truely think that by spiking your hair and wearing a Black Flag shirt REALLY makes you the Outlaw rebel that the SYSTEM fears.

The "system" rightfully laughs at those idiots and continue to take THEIR money when these idiots go their Vans Warped Tour.

Yes, Today idiotic fucking teens think NOFX and The rest of the ilk are PUNK.

Please, Scott Stapp and Creed are more punk then these whiny little bitches.

I listen to them because I like there music. It's funny because I'll pop out a Bouncing Souls CD and put in an Incubus one and my "punk friends"(i only have 2) will freak and be like "Man that's not punk rock! You can't listen to both of them!"

"Yeah? Try and stop me motherfuckers."

Guest Choken One

Whoa Whoa Whoa...

I'm all for multiple Tasked Musical interests but C'mon...INCUBUS?

You might as well stick a Beach Boys CD in there while you are at it.

U mean those frail skinny Waif fuckers with tight t shirts and two hundred fucking waistbands to cover the cut marks with the fucking shaggy hair and lame ass driving Hybrid car cocksmokers?

I HATE THOSE FUCKS.

Yes, the scenester/indie crowd is the worst.

The positive aspect of this is that I can kick their asses for the most part when they mock any tastes of mine.

when it comes down to guitar ability, my friend thinks that shredding is the essence of a guitarist and guitar solo, and a guitarist that is not shredding isn't a great guitarist. There is some very ludacris things he say (Kerry King more original than Jimi Hendrix...)

and another friend of mine thinks that Dio is more talented than the Rolling Stones. Its a good chuckle, but he likes Foreinger and Journey...so it all makes sense

Personally, I'd say Black Metal fans. Not ALL of them, but the hardcore ones, who seem to think that if you aren't wearing corpsepaint and making weird fucking sounds, you're not "true".

They bother me.

I've known a couple of these who say if you don't listen to Ozzy Osbourne and Marilyn Manson you aren't true. Double whammy.

I dunno man, Ozzy hardly represents anything worthwhile. He used to be a fat doofus and now he's babbling buffoon. I don't know how long he can ride off of being in Black Sabbath and accidently biting the head off a bat.

Guest Choken One

When I think fat...I think like John Tenta fat...He was only like 20 pounds "overweight"

the emo/hardcore kids piss me off quite a bit. The tight shirts, faded jeans, dyed black mops on their heads, and they're act of being "deep" when they were a preppy jock two months prior. They also have their own narrow view of which movies are good.

Won't matter when everyone is 30, of course.

Guest El Satanico

Yeah there's no reason to post this yet agane, but fuck it. I'm going to be a lazy post copying bastard for the second time. Why? There is no reason to this madness...it's just what it is.

"Tigger is right...punk is only punk if no one knows it's punk.

Once someone calls it punk, it stops being punk.

So kids if you want to be punk, don't be punk, if you're being punk, you're not punk. So don't be punk to be punk. But even if you're not being punk you still can't tell anyone you're punk, because then you still won't be punk.

Any questions"

As a whole I'd say "rock" fans and "pop" fans are the most narrow minded.

Guest HungryJack

Scenesters of any ilk annoy me, as do fans of one particular style of music that refuse to accept that good music comes out of all genres.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I made the Zakk Wydle statement quoted at the top, I still believe it too. Well they may not be the most narrow minded overall but they're certainly the most annoying, namely because being metal apparently means saying "fuck" every other word and talking about how much you can drink.

At the end of the day though, every genre has a huge amount of cliches and every genre has a "suit" and if you don't dress a certain way, you are a poseur. Because ya know, being an individual is so not cool and how dare you not agree that Slayer is the greatest thing ever you stupid fuck, I like beer etc etc.

Guest El Satanico

So since you generalize metal, do you also believe all rap is "bunch of gang bangers talking about bling bling, hoes and guns"

Oh and Korn Kids. They aren't really narrow minded but they piss me off.

You know who I'm talking about. The kids that you see in Hot Topic all the time. They die there hair black and wear tons of makeup. They wear GIANT jeans and tons of ugly bracelets and are usually fat. They sometimes have many piercings and they walk around the mall trying to act as "weird" as possible. They try to be different but end up like everyone else.

I walked up to a girl and a guy that were dressed like that at the mall and said

"Excuse me...you're weird and different. How do I be weird and different?"

"Fuck you! You preppy bastard!"

"Oh I'm preppy? I'm a preppy bastard? I see your wearing a Korn shirt....you ever been to a Korn concert kid?"

"Well no...."

"Well I have...2 actually. So what was that again? Oh yeah....you're a dumbass."

And then I left them. Yes it was mean and uncalled for. But I finally had to say something to one of them.