TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

Who are the most narrow minded music fans?

Guest El Satanico

:shakes head: such an angry young man...it'll be a shame when he snaps and goes postal.

Why do you insist on antagonizing these people? And, truth be know, I've never met an intelligent Korn fan, so now I don't quite know what to think of you, Damarama.

Guest Mindless_Aggression
So since you generalize metal, do you also believe all rap is "bunch of gang bangers talking about bling bling, hoes and guns"

Not at all, I wasn't speaking of the music, I was speaking of the fans of the music. Do I mean all of them? Nope, but most I've come across? Very much so, although I'm not gonna sit here and say everyone who listens to metal is a cliched idiot. Hell, I listen to metal for God's sakes. Basically, they're just my greatest personal annoyance. Metal (for the most part) should just not be taken so damn seriously.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Korn fans. At least Slipknot fans just try to be angry, Korn fans try to be sad and depressed and outraged with their lives, even if their lives have involved having a great family and all that. I'll take mindless anger over pointless depression any day.

Anybody who believes that anything old is crap and can't appreciate it. I've always found that extremely narrow-minded, how can you hate something just because of when it came out? I asked some of these people what they'll think of the music they currently like two years from now and they said they'll probably hate it because it's old. I just find that incredibly depressing.

To me the most ignorant music fans are the ones that think selling a million albums equals millions of talent. The most narrow-minded music fans are the ones OBLIVIOUS to corporate structure involved with radio and airplay. Now this doesn't mean you have to hate and boycott every top 40 artist. There are some out there with talent and get over because of it, and they just happen to catch wildfire, but some people when presented with facts about the way the music industry works, kind of just do the "ear plug, eye close" until you just stop and go away. There are folks out there that just DON'T WANT TO KNOW, that Britney and JLo aren't exactly good singers, songwriters, music creators....etc....

The black and hispanics who were hip-hop fans in my school were the most irritating. They refused to listen to anything else because it was, and I quote, "White People Music." If there is a worst exscue than that, I'd like to hear it. Seriously, they didn't even like Eminem JUST BECAUSE he was white. That was the exact answer I got when I asked them why they didn't like Eminem. I used to get perscuated because I listened to rock, and not just hip-hop, and they called me "White Boy" because of it, as though that is the worst thing a spanish or black person can be called.

Here is a typical conversation with my best friend:

Me: Did you hear that Red Hot Chili Peppers song?

Friend: What's the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Me: They're a Rock group.

Friend: That explains why I haven't heard of them. I don't listen to rock.

Me: How come?

Friend: Cause that's white people music. I can't be listening to rock music because I'm not white, I'm Spanish.

And another thing that I hated was that they accepted mainstream hip-hop as being the ONLY Hip-Hop avaible! They refused to listen to any old school artists and they were completely oblviouious to any hip-hop that wasn't shown on MTV or BET. THEY LIKED JA-RULE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! And if you weren't talking about being a thug, bling-bling, bitches, or guns, you weren't hip-hop. I guess Public Enemy, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, and Wyclef Sean aren't real hip-hop then, since they have social commentary in some of their songs. Another reason why I'm glad I'm away from that school now.

Edited by The #1 MST3K Mark

Guest JumpinJackFlash

I think the most narrow-minded are the teenagers who listen to pop and rap. They like a hit song every week. They've forgotten about songs that came out only 2 years ago. Does anyone still know the Thong Song? No? Because it was popular for a while, and then it died down. These teens are pretty stupid since they just take one song, drop it, then pick up another. Its like someone who keeps going to prostitutes, and is not satisfied. Fuck her, lose her, fuck her, lose her. And they still have the CDs to these songs they don't listen too, because the record companies got them too by making it seem like its cool to listen to this song. Well, its not cool a week after. And this is mostly cause by TRL! Arggh! I HATE that show!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Die hard country fans, and die hard black metal mutants, in that order.

Why do you insist on antagonizing these people? And, truth be know, I've never met an intelligent Korn fan, so now I don't quite know what to think of you, Damarama.

I never said I was a Korn fan. I don't listen to them at all anymore. I did have there first CD and then I lost it and haven't heard them since. I went to the concerts when I was in like 8th grade(which was nearly 6 years ago) so I don't know where you're getting that I'm a Korn fan at.

Guest JudasSault

people who only listen to classical music

anybody who can ignore the last 50 years of music is about as close minded as they can be

People that don't like a song if they haven't heard it on the radio.

Me : Hey man, heard this band ?

Mate : Who ?

Me : Foo Fighters ?

Mate : No.

Me : Listen to this.

*puts on Learn to Fly*

Mate : That's shite.

Now .... lets cut to a week later.

Mate : Heard that Learn to Fly, it's brilliant !

Does narrow minded fall under "stupid and stubborn?" If so, go tell a 13 year old girl how much Justin or 50 Cent suck and see how far you get.

Elitists of any genre are bad, mkay

Them and the ignorants (i.e. no music universe exists outside top 40/MTV kiddies) from any genre are the worst

Guest Plushy Al Logan

I hate trendy people that only listen to stuff that is current no matter what their age, because they think it's cool.

Example: My mother gave me all of her hair metal stuff, because she likes Avril Lavigne (or however the fuck you spell it).

That's why NOFX is rich as hell and does the corporate Vans Warped Tour! That's why Bad Religion is rich and there lead singer teaches at a college! He's working for the system man!

Yes you're right Choken. Punk rock is a sham.

Sorry to bring this back up from the first page, but I've got to disagree with this. Especially the Bad Religion part.

Greg Gaffin is not working for the system. He is a college professor and has been since way before Bad Religion was even a speck on the radar. He's also has a phd. and is probably one of the most intelligent lyricist in music. I'm lost as to how this is selling out or working for the man or whatever.

Back on topic, I think that any music fan can be very narrow minded. It's usually those who are hardcore fans of a particular genre who refuse to recognize that there are other good styles out there.

This is a little bit off topic, but still, I had to rant.

I hate the dumbass girls who listen to a song like Eminem's "Superman" and just.........don't...........get it. That song is making fun of you, you stupid ho! Girls that like that song "I've Got Hoez" or any club crap such as "Blow My Whistle Bitch". I am just totally appalled at such stupidity.

Speaking of ignorant people who follow threads. I was reading a review of a Korn/limpbizit show and they said Fred Durst now sports a mo-hawk.

I never said I was a Korn fan. I don't listen to them at all anymore. I did have there first CD and then I lost it and haven't heard them since. I went to the concerts when I was in like 8th grade(which was nearly 6 years ago) so I don't know where you're getting that I'm a Korn fan at.

From the concerts. I suppose if it was 6 years ago, you're off the hook.

Speaking of ignorant people who follow threads. I was reading a review of a Korn/limpbizit show and they said Fred Durst now sports a mo-hawk.

Must...see...pictures...

Emo kids are, by far, the most narrowminded. My sister wanted me to go with her to find tickets for a Modest Mouse concert. My response, "...why? Modest Mouse sucks." We drive to a store, they're sold out, she calls another store, they're sold out....we ended up driving all over town looking for these tickets. And the whole time..."Why do you want to go see Modest Mouse so badly?" "THEY ROCK! OMG TOtaL HOTNESS!"

And your adventures with your sister while trying to find her some Modest Mouse tickets, who she apparently likes because she thinks they're hot, has to do with narrow-mindedness how? I can see some possible reasoning there, such as "I hate people that just like a band/artist because they're attractive," but otherwise...nope, not feelin' it.

Fred has a mohawk? I now feel dirty for ever having a mohawk...

people who only listen to classical music

anybody who can ignore the last 50 years of music is about as close minded as they can be

well, the rest of us tend to ignore the 400 years of music before that, so i'd say it's all even.

I have a disdain for people that think the 80s is OLDIES or doesn't know that songs like "Blue Monday" and "Faith" are cover songs...

...that just seriously pisses me off...

...oh...and don't get me started on this kid I work with who thought Aerosmith ripped off Eminem...

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Good music is good music, who cares what genre they fit unde.r I surely don't care for "punk" music, which is essentially pop, but I like NOFX.

Speaking of punk and pop.

Jeez I could write a book about these punk rock friends of mine. Just like I could write a book about the stupid things people say when they order Pizza.

Anyways so if anything no matter what it is becomes popular they automatically declare it pop music. So something can be "punk" one minute...then get really popular and suddenly suck and be "pop music".

Anyways so if anything no matter what it is becomes popular they automatically declare it pop music. So something can be "punk" one minute...then get really popular and suddenly suck and be "pop music".

Okay...i'll admit this...

I really enjoyed Sum 41 when they first appeared...but about 25 seconds into hearing their song from the Spider-Man soundtrack...I almost vomited...

the verses were not punk...i don't care what anybody says...and I can hardly define it as "rock" but i guess i have to... it was like such a crappy mish-mash of stupid lyrics and a hook that would have been better designed for someone like Bruce Springsteen or even a band like Brother Cane or EVEN Corrosion of Conformity... some band with a bit of a more inkling of ROCK and not so much of POP...

And to also agree with an earlier point...i hate people that like songs JUST because it was on MTV...

MTV in the past 8 years has done less good for music than my bathroom...and truth be told...my bathroom wouldn't know a good song if it took a dump right on it's lap...