TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

Who are the most narrow minded music fans?

I generally do hate most things that are in the top 40, because most of it does...well suck, there are a few though.

Hell I think Sum 41 is a great pop-punk band, that respects the music back then, and praise Iron Maiden.

White Stripes and The Strokes are very popular, and I like them as well.

MX said it best, that idiotic fans are the worst. I'm not the biggest rap fan there is but I do like Run DMC, Public Enemy, NWA, Outkast, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Nas, etc...

BUT I don't think many people are that stupid to think what kind of state music is in, and its definitly a decline in the lack of musical talent, musicanship, and staying power. How many bands back then from 97 is on the top of the charts now, or is still together?

Twiztid > ICP

I did meet them once though and they were really nice, even though I was asking them to autograph an Eminem toy. They understood why it was funny. I'd like to see them eventually resolve their differences and do a song together.

Guest Plushy Al Logan

Examples of ignorant music fans:

"Eww, you listen to Disco [or Hair Metal]! Fag!!

"Jim Morrison and Axl Rose are ripping off Eminem!"

Guest Plushy Al Logan

...anybody that says MORRISON and/or ROSE are ripping off EMINEM needs to be shot.

I always liked saying Em ripped off Axl to all my friends who worship him. The whole gay bash/Elton John performance? An Axl Rose original, damn it!

Guest Plushy Al Logan

This all started when I loaned my cousin "The Doors" movie, and wondered why Val Kilmer took on a low budget role based on Eminem, and 8 mile was better. I explained to her everything, but she didn't believe me, even when I showed her the Copyright date. She also said that Jim Morrison reminded her of that fat bastard who ran artound dunring the 2002 VMAs, leading to big arguement.

Guest Insanityman

Probably "punk rockers." A lot of my friends, including myself, listen to some more "mainstream" punk (classics like Ramones, Sex Pistols or more popular like Misfits, Rancid, Op Ivy, Dropkick Murphys, etc) and other music yet not one of us dresses anything out of the "normal." I wear just plain colored t-shirts, jeans or cargoes, and skate shoes. (The plain color because they're fucking cheap, not to be all "oh fuck corporate America)- these kids are fine with me. The kids with radically dyed hair (which I did have just for the sake and for a bet), leather spiked jackets, and drop one or two not as well known names (like Iggy Pop and the Stooges, which is bullshit or The Nobodys) and suddenly they are Captain Anarchy. Any anarchy sign or patch makes me literally lose it. I hate the theory, I hate how everyone assumes it's the best idea in the world, and I've found that I hate the kids who paste them onto everything they own. Oh and the "hardcore" kids. Emo kids annoy me and aren't too open minded but they're not as bad.

Oh and these fuckers at my school go all out goth claiming they always hear voices in their heads. So I ask them so good metal bands. I get Mushroom Head, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Mudvayne, MurderDolls are the most HARDCORE thing they've "ever heard." I swear if I dropped some Immortal or some suggestions from the "BRUTAL SHIT" thread (since I don't listen to anything but older metal if I ever do) they would shit their pants.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm punk or anything for that matter. I don't think I'm above anybody but it's mostly the "posers" (I hate that term too) that piss me off 'cause they are so narrow minded. Aaahh, the joys of ranting.

The worst thing is going into Hot Topic and seeing kids buy Anarchy gear...it's like "Hey....you're at the fucking mall paying for Anarchy propaghanda. Do you even know what Anarchy is!?"

Jim Morrison's retarded ass poetry is well, retarded. Don't know how anyone can like it but eh, don't bother me none.

I can't stand fans that make generalizations about other groups of fans, for that very reason. So no, that's not a generalization, but rather a criticism of all of you. Yeah you.

If I can't stand the music, most of the time the fans don't care. It's all good.

Jim Morrison's retarded ass poetry is well, retarded. Don't know how anyone can like it but eh, don't bother me none.

Yeah even as a huge fan of his, I don't get most of it, cause the meaning are so abstract I don't feel like taking the time to. But the ones I do get, once their meaning becomes clear, you realize what a genius the guy was.

Guest Choken One

Kinda like Keith Caputo.

Love the bastard to death but anyone care to explain this one

"Touch me rosy gay

Harmonious drifting soul

Hindrance is getting old

Seasoning everything in front of me

Lust may be a mistake

Sever me in little parts

Oh the guilt it breaks my heart

Numbskull you are hemorrhaging

Ups and downs infecting me

Broken down and flickering

Rendering a secret friend

Schizophrenia is settling in

Extra sensory ways, waves

Devious and torn apart

Crackling twist right from the start

Weightless bliss is tickling

Just be or not to be

I'm just being "

Took me about 20 listens to figure out New York City

"Deserve to be I see you in me

Hollow waters with Catfish wings

Germs spread straight from sorrow

A space in a hole

You're selling your soul

Illusions you hold, I tell you no joke

I'm chewing hate and spitting faith

You're oceans are drained and the fish can't mate

It's easy come, it's easy go, shouting a whisper

Sex in the head

So get back to New York City

My heavenly home

Crime can be so pretty

Would you bleed for me

'Cause I'll bleed for you

Princess charming, where's your king?

A space in a hole

You're selling your soul

Illusions you hold, I tell you no joke

Sex in the head

My heavenly home

Crime can be so pretty

So get back to

New York City

My heavenly home

Crime can be so pretty

It's easy come, it's easy go, shouting a whisper "

This all started when I loaned my cousin "The Doors" movie, and wondered why Val Kilmer took on a low budget role based on Eminem, and 8 mile was better.  I explained to her everything, but she didn't believe me, even when I showed her the Copyright date.  She also said that Jim Morrison reminded her of that fat bastard who ran artound dunring the 2002 VMAs, leading to big arguement.

this girl needs her head checked.

Oh and these fuckers at my school go all out goth claiming they always hear voices in their heads. So I ask them so good metal bands. I get Mushroom Head, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Mudvayne, MurderDolls are the most HARDCORE thing they've "ever heard." I swear if I dropped some Immortal or some suggestions from the "BRUTAL SHIT" thread (since I don't listen to anything but older metal if I ever do) they would shit their pants.

This barely fits...but...make them watch the latest Neurosis DVD... their souls would burn...

This all started when I loaned my cousin "The Doors" movie, and wondered why Val Kilmer took on a low budget role based on Eminem, and 8 mile was better.  I explained to her everything, but she didn't believe me, even when I showed her the Copyright date.  She also said that Jim Morrison reminded her of that fat bastard who ran artound dunring the 2002 VMAs, leading to big arguement.

this girl needs her head checked.

Axl's a fat bastard? Zuh? This reminds me of the thread in the Movies section talking about how people are saying Liv Tyler is fat. Fuckin ridiculous.

Low blow, BPS. Thou art RETARDIFIED. Best band ever, no. Good damn music and impeccable singles, yes.

Anyway, aside from ridiculous ad hominem: I'm going to do sort of the opposite (having not read the rest of the thread and hoping I haven't been preceded) and say that the most narrow-minded music fans tend to be people who don't like rap. I mean, they'll dance to "Gin and Juice" and "California Love" at a party, but that's it. It's definitely the most frequently stereotyped genre in the mainstream - and often not without cause considering what makes up most of the big hits - but I rarely get a bigger rage-fist when someone tries to blow off Mos Def as cash-money-hos crap.

Oh, and they like "So Fresh So Clean" too. A little bit of Outkast goes over nicely with anyone.

Guest El Satanico

fine he's an ugly bastard with bad hair and a face lift. A face lift in your late 30's...give me a break.

Also we only see Axl in loose fitting clothes...that's saying enough.

fine he's an ugly bastard with bad hair and a face lift. A face lift in your late 30's...give me a break.

Also we only see Axl in loose fitting clothes...that's saying enough.

I'll agree with face lift and bad hair.

But a white t shirt is loose fitting? Shit, should he be wearing a halter top? The guy probably doesn't go past 150 lbs for Christ's sake.

Guest El Satanico

Yes that white t-shirt is. Wasn't aware that white t-shirts are never loose fitting.

Yes...I want to see Axl Rose in a halter top...I'm sure he'd look marvelous. Then he could wear some daisy dukes with a fist sized hole in the crotch and no underwear. Yes, That would be wonderful.

Yes that white t-shirt is. Wasn't aware that white t-shirts are never loose fitting.

All I am saying is it doesn't look like he is hiding much under there, like when people made the big stink about why he was wearing football and hockey jerseys on stage.

Most narrowminded: Nirvana fans.

No one with normal minds could think THAT is good music.

So... you're saying that Nirvana fans are narrowminded while being narrowminded yourself?

As a fan of Nirvana (Not a "OMG BEST BAND EVER KURT WAS THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST" fan, mind you), I scoff in your general direction.