TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Use Your Illusion

Is Nathan Jones the worst wrestler ever?

Watching Smackdown! the other night, I was astonished at how LITTLE Jones can actually do in the ring. Granted, he has an awesome look about him but heck, don't go asking the guy to, you know, wrestle or anything.

I honestly believe that I have never seen ANYONE this bad before. I mean, Giant Gonzalez was at least decent for comedic relief if anything, but this guy just has nothing at all.

This Matt Morgan character isn't far off either. So far, judging from what he's done in the ring, he's great at big boots and powerbombs...and nothing else.

*sigh* Is Kevin Nash running OVW or something?

UYI

Guest Salacious Crumb

David Flair could at least do a vertical suplex and a figure-four. Plus he at least had a decent character when he was doing the psycho bit.

Guest Coffey

I wasn't looking at Trish, I was looking at people like Jackie Gayda, Torrie Wilson & Stacy.

Nathan Jones > Cheex

David Flair could at least do a vertical suplex and a figure-four.  Plus he at least had a decent character when he was doing the psycho bit.

Exactly.

Nathan Jones' interpretation of character is when he does his stupid Ken Shamrock impersonation (when Shamrock used to fire himself up on the ring steps before the match).

We DO have talented wrestlers here in Australia, seriously.

UYI

To answer the question if Nathan Jones is the worst wrestler ever or not.... yes, he is. I have never been less impressed with any wrestler than I am of Nathan Jones. Believe it or not, the best Jones match I have seen was the dark match he had with Doug Basham when I went to Smackdown last year. It was probably close to **. Since then, I have yet to see him wrestle a match that good, in fact I think he's devolving as a worker (if that's possible).

To answer the question if Nathan Jones is the worst wrestler ever or not.... yes, he is. I have never been less impressed with any wrestler than I am of Nathan Jones. Believe it or not, the best Jones match I have seen was the dark match he had with Doug Basham when I went to Smackdown last year. It was probably close to **. Since then, I have yet to see him wrestle a match that good, in fact I think he's devolving as a worker (if that's possible).

What scares me is the fact that WWA actually saw star potential in this guy and pushed him as their champion (I believe he defeated Jeff Jarrett, I may be mistaken though).

Wonder why they arn't around anymore?

Ahem.

UYI

Guest Askewniverse
What scares me is the fact that WWA actually saw star potential in this guy and pushed him as their champion (I believe he defeated Jeff Jarrett, I may be mistaken though).

You're pretty much right. Nathan Jones won the title by beating Jeff Jarrett, but it was in a four-way match. The other two participants were Brian Christopher and Scott Steiner. Jones held the title for less than a week before losing it to Scott Steiner.

You're pretty much right. Nathan Jones won the title by beating Jeff Jarrett, but it was in a four-way match. The other two participants were Brian Christopher and Scott Steiner. Jones held the title for less than a week before losing it to Scott Steiner.

That pretty much rules out your squirrel theory right there, fbop.

UYI

New Jack comes close but Giant Gonzalez takes the crown as worst wrestler ever.

At least Gonzalez was laughably bad. The whole muscle-suit and moving like a giant plank of wood thing he had going was brilliant, for all the wrong reasons of course.

Jones is just...bad.

UYI

Giant Gonzalez moved like he had a pole up his ass.I don't believe anyone who says Flair carried him to a 3 star match,a broomstick yes,Giant Gonzalez no.

That pretty much rules out your squirrel theory right there, fbop.

UYI

No, it proves it. You see Nathan Jones isn't a human. He is a small collection of squirrels operating a mechanical frame work similar to a cyborg. The only problem is that many of the original members of the squirrel hive have passed away over the years, resulting in a loss of motor function and the Nathan Jones that we know today.

Guest Besus

I heard Nathan Jones/Scott Steiner had a match at WWA Eruption and The match was about 20 Minutes and The

crowd was chanting "Boring" and "Jones Suck" real loud.Then Sid Vicious comes out and Trys to get the crowd to

get behind Nathan Jones and Then they boo at Sid.You know you suck when your in your home town and You get no

cheers. It's funny when you think about it.

To answer your question,I dont know I only seen one match so far from him.

Thank god it's 2003. If this was 15 years ago Nathan Jones would have main evented against Hulk Hogan for 3/4 of the year and everyone from Bret, Shawn, Marty, Davey Boy, Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage and 45 jobbers would have been victim to this push.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Giant Gonzalez, the Awesome Kongs, Loch Ness.......and no, I'm not standing up for Nathan.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Man you know Nathan Jones is really bad when you can't even compare him to Ronnie Garvin.

I wasn't looking at Trish, I was looking at people like Jackie Gayda, Torrie Wilson & Stacy.

Nathan Jones > Cheex

Atleast Gayda has that cool backflippy thing when she enters the ring! Let's see Jones do that!

Atleast Gayda has that cool backflippy thing when she enters the ring! Let's see Jones do that!

Just wait until next time Nathan Jones tries to do his spin kick and he slips, does a flip and lands right on his ass.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Ronnie Garvin didn't suck.

I beg to differ. If he wasn't in the ring with Flair he wasn't worth watching.

And he had the most annoying finisher EVER in wrestling. I don't care how bad the Worm and People's Elbow were; the Garvin Stomp was 10x worse than either.

Guest Anglesault
Jackie Gayda shouldn't be left out either.

Gayda is better than Jones.

They're not afraid to let her do more than a bodyslam.