TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

"Sweet" Sapphire

I was reading through some wrestling history and got to 1990 WWF and remembered this woman here who was essentially brought in to make Dusty Rhodes look even more foolish.

But I've never seen her anywhere else before or after, until they mentioned her death (whenever that was). Was she an obscure indy wrestler , or was she just some random woman Vince brought in off the streets for a couple of months before kicking her right back out again?

Just some woman Vince found. Be glad: Dusy's woman that he found was a prostitute.

I thought Missy Hyatt was still with WCW at that point

Summerslam 1990 had one of the most unintentionally funny moments ever in it. They were doing the whole "Sapphire is missing" angle, and Dusty asks if anyone has seen her. Hacksaw Jim Duggan pops into the screen and says "No Dusty", stares for a second, and then walks off. You just have to see it, my words don't do it justice. Or maybe I'm the only one who found it funny. :)

I did like after the Dusty/Savage match, Dusty was running towards the back to find Sapphire when he stopped at the gorilla position. The camera cuts to the parking lot where Blackjack Lanza gives him the "go" signal and Dusty starts running after her again just as she leaves in DiBiase's limo.

Guest Fook
Just some woman Vince found. Be glad: Dusy's woman that he found was a prostitute.

I thought Missy Hyatt was still with WCW at that point

BAH-ZING!!

The funniest part of the whole SummerSlam '90 angle besides the Duggan thing was when Sensational Sherri cut an interview with Gene Okerlund after her forfeit victory where he said the following:

Gene: "I don't see what's so funny about a missing person"

Sherri: "I said she was missing...I didn't say anything about her being a person."

Hilarious moment in WWF history.

And interestingly enough, when she died she got a graphic on the screen acknowledging it as Raw went on the air.

So there you go. Sapphire was more important to the WWWFE than Crash Holly