TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest drdrainoscott

Ric Flair DVD

Just finished watching the Unification match on Clash for the first time with Sting/Flair...intresting finish, but Clash 1 was loads better.

It was funny listening to Bobby re-do the Rumble 92 celebration "YES YES YES" with the Clash finish on commentary.

Flair played a great asshole throughout the match, especially with the Sherri bump.

But Clash 1 was still better, lol.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Greatest DVD I've ever seen! This is so awesome! 61 special features! I'm not done yet! The matches are amazing! Flair/Steamboat COTC 6 is the greatest match of all time! Wrestlewar is the second greatest! Flair/Funk is great! The Royal Rumble is fantastic! Harley race looks like the rival coach from the Waterboy in the flashback scene set in the 70s! Go check out the DVD and see for yourself! Flair cuts the best promos! This is the best tribute any wrestler could ask for, in my opinion! I'm glad this is ranked in the Top 100 at Amazon, which I don't think has happened for a WWE DVD in a LONG time! Check this one out! It will be the best $20, $25, $28, $30, $35, or $40 that you will ever spend! Wooooooo!

It arrived in the mail from Amazon today....best money ever spent.

I watched the Flair/HHH post match and it had me in goosebumps. Watched all the 91 promos and teh awesome segment with Piper.

Flair/Funk build and match. Only match I hadn't seen before and it was amazing. I don';t even know what to watch next, the Rumble, the Race match or 2/3 falls...

Fuck this DVD owns.

Got mine yesterday. Amazon got it to me 2 days earlier than they told me when I ordered it. I own about 300 vhs tapes of wrestling and and about 40 movie dvds but this is the first wrestling video I own. As a Flair mark from the 80's it is great to relive the memories of my teenage years. I watched disc 1 yesterday and marked for the quality of the footage.

Flair's interview where Buddy Landel is in the ring is gold. "I'd lend you my robe, but you'd drown in the arms."

Guest drdrainoscott

I just watched "A Special Night in Greenville" and it was awesome. My only beef though is why did each McMahon have to come out seperatly? Well, I guess I know the answer to that one.

The Sting/Flair match was fun as well, and the Royal Rumble is one of my favorites. I think I'll hit up disc 2 tommorrow.

I watched the final Nitro last night. Awesome. I noticed some signs were blurred out and can only think that they must have said Fuck somewhere because I saw a lot of anti-Vince signs and the camerman even stopped on the one that said "First the XFL now WCW. Vince is a dumbass"

I watched the final Nitro last night. Awesome. I noticed some signs were blurred out and can only think that they must have said Fuck somewhere because I saw a lot of anti-Vince signs and the camerman even stopped on the one that said "First the XFL now WCW. Vince is a dumbass"

I have that Nitro on tape and assume what's blurred is any reference to the WWF and/or stratch logo.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I just bought it today and I'm happy as a pig in shit.

Guest Ray

Man, that Sting match sucked. Shouldn't even be on this DVD.

And....

Royal Rumble 1992 is overrated.

::ducks tomatoes::

It's the best Royal Rumble match I've seen, but why would anyone pimp this as a top ten or 20 WWF match?

It's my personal favorite match.....EVER!!!!

Does it have great technical wrestling, no

Was it my first wrestling match, no

Does it tell the best storyline, no

I can't explain it but that Rumble, I can watch it over and over and I never get tired.

In 11 years since I haven't found a match since (or before) that makes me smile as much, I've probably watched it legitimately 2 dozen times.

the camerman even stopped on the one that said "First the XFL now WCW. Vince is a dumbass"

That is the greatest sign ever except for

Terry

Bollea

Sucks.

BTW, I just got the DVD today. My favorite things so far are RR '92, the Flair attacks Piper segment, Sting gets kicked out of the 4 Horsemen and the Flair-Steamboat stuff.

Guest Choken One

this should be pinned because we'll still be raving over the dvd for the next months...

Guest Tonestar

For all you Aussies out there, I got my copy a couple of days back. $34.95. Whoooo indeed!

Guest Choken One

35 bucks Damn.

I finally bit the bullett and got it today for 27 bucks at B.B (it was the LAST copy!)...

I've watched the Flair Heads North because The Rumble is one of my all time favorites and my god watching the rumble with DVD treatment is awesome...I then watched the tribute match and I started from the start now.

My only beef as usual with WWE dvds...No FUCKING Subtitles or CC.

I'm thinking of suing. Maybe.

I'm thinking of suing. Maybe.

You'd win.

Anyways, I still don't have my copy :( If I don't get it for Christmas (I've made it explicit to everyone I know that I NEED it) I'll have it by the New Year.

Tony Schiavonie & Dusty Rhodes is the Greatest Announcer Team in Public if you Will, the Windham match from World Wide was great and the commercial breaks with the subtext of Who will be champ ??????? ruled.

Guest Choken One

I have echo the sentiments.

Dusty was a FUCKING awesome announcer before he deteriorated in the mid 90's.

I still contend that Dusty is one the greatest promoers in the game.

I wasn't expecting much from the Windham match since I never really heard of it and it was only a TV match but jesus christ it's RIGHT up there.

Interesting thing I should note..

WHY THE FUCK DID FLAIR TRY TO DO THE TURNBUCKLE SPOT EVERY DAMN MATCH?

I ask this because in nearly all the matches except for maybe 4, he NEVER could go over the turnbuckle (which is the desired idea)...

You'd think he'd stop after the first 100 times he missed it.

Guest Choken One

Was it just me or did Flair look like Jeff Hardy at the end of the Race match...looked like a corkscrew Moonsault (ala Unforgiven 00)

Guest Choken One

Yep...

Funny isn't it. Reminds me of an exhange from Ross and Lawler a week ago or so..

*Flair goes to the top rope*

King: Has that ever worked before?

Jr: No. Not in this decade.