TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Royal Rumble 2004...

After just looking over the PPV calendar over at WWE.com, Royal Rumble 2004 is listed as taking place on Jan. 25, 2004... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the last Sunday in January? Super Bowl Sunday to be exact? If they're booking the Rumble same night... they're screwing themselves with the PPV buyrate. It seems that every other year, they made sure not to book the Rumble on the same night. I believe the Rumble's in Philadelphia's Wachovia Center... maybe the arena's booked the week before or something, because it's just stupidity on WWE's part, otherwise.

Guest Burrito

I may not be 100% certain, but I believe the Super Bowl is in February this year.

EDIT: The 1st of February is a Sunday, so that may be it.

Guest The Voices In Your Head

I believe the Super Bowl is scheduled for February 1st this time around...

I may not be 100% certain, but I believe the Super Bowl is in February this year.

I haven't been following the NFL much, this year, so if it is, then good for WWE.

Guest LatinoHeat

I remember in 2001 the only reason that the Superbowl was held in Feb. was the terrorist attacks caused week 2 to be cancelled.

THey made up the missed games after week 17. This caused everything to be pushed back a week essentially.

Why is it in Feb this year?

Guest Choken One

The NFL wanted to go back to the Two Week Break Format and It's not like Feb. 1st is that much different then Jan 31st...

This is the second time ever that the Super Bowl hasn't been January, right?

And it's in February, LatinoHeat, because CBS and the NFL knew better than to schedule the Super Bowl against the Royal Rumble.

Post of the Day.

Hey, in the Super Bowl there can only be two choices. The Rumble has 30 contenders. My pick this year: Ric Flair! After watching some of his dvd, how can ya bet against him? Woooooo!!!

This is the second time ever that the Super Bowl hasn't been January, right?

And it's in February, LatinoHeat, because CBS and the NFL knew better than to schedule the Super Bowl against the Royal Rumble.

Post of the Day.

Hey, in the Super Bowl there can only be two choices. The Rumble has 30 contenders. My pick this year: Ric Flair! After watching some of his dvd, how can ya bet against him? Woooooo!!!

Bah!

Everyone knows that Bruno Sammartino is going to make a triumphant comeback and win the title once again!

Guest hosserific

this sucks!! i live outside of philly and was going to go to the show.

i think the wwe will have to change the date...they have no alternative

this sucks!! i live outside of philly and was going to go to the show.

i think the wwe will have to change the date...they have no alternative

Um, re-read the thread.

Royal Rumble is the week BEFORE the Super Bowl.

NOT the week OF the Super Bowl.

The Rumble is in Philly at the Wachovia Spectrum and I'm getting tickets the day they are on sale...

I missed the last SD PPV in Baltimore...i'm NOT missing this...

So what would everyone say the better way to get tickets is? Going to the Wachovia box office or trying Ticketmaster? I've been considering going to the box office the morning tickets go on sale, which I think is still unannounced.

So it is certain now that the RR is going to be in Philly? Last I saw that was just a possibility.

I'll have to go to that. I never had a problem getting tickets through Ticketmasters website, as long as the go on sale the same time as the box office.

Wait, Wachovia Spectrum? So is this the original building the Flyers played in as opposed to the new one? That's odd.

The new building is the Wachovia Center. The Spectrum is right next door, and is a smaller building. Tha would suck if WWE is anticipating poor ticketsales.

Guest Quik

Well, taking the smaller arena which is located next to the newer, bigger arena is quite the indication of anticipating poor ticket sales.