TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ligerbomb03

Greatest Promo Ever

Here's my favourite.It's the Piper and Bret Hart interview from Wrestlemania 8.

Gene: Here's another first at a Wrestlemania of firsts. As a matter of fact, this is the first time these two men are meeting for the WWF Intercontinental Title. Champion, Rowdy Roddy Piper, and his opponent, former IC Champion himself, number one contender, Bret "Hitman" Hart. Gentleman, we have arrived.

Piper (his usual jubilant self): We, we have arrived and ya know, I gotta say, first of all, I gotta tell ya how much I loves your family. I've gotta tell ya how much I loves your mother. I know you (turns towards camera), I known this guy since he was the idle of a grasshopper. (Bret smiles) I remember when they were changing his potty pants, I remember when… course he wasn't potty trained till he was seven, but everybody's got their problems. (turns towards Bret) Remember tyin' bows in our shoes when we were kids? (to camera) Course his shoes were always tied together- doesn't matter! Doesn't matter to me cause I remember when Mrs. Hart would come out and make them sandwiches. She'd slap on that bologna, and- only one piece of bologna? Doesn't matter, I was hungry! Then she'd come up to her son and… (Piper reaches up to squeeze Bret's cheeks, and Bret brushes his arm away)

Bret: Look at yourself.

Piper (now without a sense of humor): Oh this is nice. Here I am trying to have a little bit of fun, put you at ease, gonna have a nice contest, and you want to be a hero all of a sudden, you want to be a hot shot, you want your belt, is that the idea?

(At this point, Piper starts reaching his hand under the Title belt which is around his waist, and you can tell he's fiddling around with something down there.)

Bret (in a serious tone): Look, all I care about is one thing; I want to win the Intercontinental Belt. You've got it; I'm gonna take it. (Bret taps the Title around Piper's waist)

Piper (now serious): You keep your hands to yourself. (Piper brushes Bret back.)

Bret: You wanna do this here?

Piper: You damn betcha... why do it here when I could have a million people watch me rip your head off? (Piper turns to leave, but Bret grabs him, turns him around, and makes a fist.)

Bret: Woulda had ya.

Piper: (Piper pulls his hand out from under the Title. The belt from his kilt is wrapped around his hand.) No you wouldn't have.

Bret retreats to make his way to the ring. Gene starts to wrap up the interview and hype the match while Piper gloats over him.

Piper: (looking in the direction of Bret, who is now off-camera) Bye bye. Bye bye. Bye bye! I don't think so! Not today! (Rips the Title off his waist, slings it over his shoulder, and points to it) She be mine!

credit to Rajahwwf.com

Which Rock-Jericho mic-off was the one where Rock made the crack about "beating guys down south named 'Juventud'", and Chris lips off the mic "I took his mask!" while making mask-removing motions?

That was Jericho's debut in the WWF. Rocky was in the ring when the "Millenium Countdown" ended, and Jericho interrupted him to save the WWF. Those were good times.

That wasn't Jericho's debut. That was when Rock and Jericho just started feuding around Survivor Series 01' and they were giving their team pep talks. It happen backstage and the whole WWF roster (non-alliance) were there.

Jericho debut promo, that was great.

I believe the promo where Austin was speaking about his upcoming Survivor Series match with Bret Hart, to Brian Pillman. I don't remember it word-for-word, but I can vividly remember this part:

Pillman- "Wait, so you're calling Bret a chicken?"

Austin-"He ain't no chicken...he's the slimy crap that comes outta the backside of a chiken! Lemme put it this way, if ya put the letter 'S' in front of Hitman, ya get my exact opinion o' Bret Hart!"

Which Rock-Jericho mic-off was the one where Rock made the crack about "beating guys down south named 'Juventud'", and Chris lips off the mic "I took his mask!" while making mask-removing motions?

That was Jericho's debut in the WWF. Rocky was in the ring when the "Millenium Countdown" ended, and Jericho interrupted him to save the WWF. Those were good times.

That wasn't Jericho's debut. That was when Rock and Jericho just started feuding around Survivor Series 01' and they were giving their team pep talks. It happen backstage and the whole WWF roster (non-alliance) were there.

Jericho debut promo, that was great.

There were TWO instances where Juvy was mentioned.

Once in 99 and once in 01

If Juvy was mentioned in 99' then it wasn't during Jericho's debut. I still watch that time to time. The pop Jericho gets when his name comes up on the titantron(sp) still gives me chills. My favorite debut ever.

"For years and years and years my cohorts, tag partners in matches, buddies were (Jackie) Fargo and Tojo (Yamamoto). I didn't realize it until after I wasn't around them anymore how much they dominated my thinking, but they really, really, really dominated my thinking. They could color my opinion about talent. I always thought, I'm the boss, I run them. In fact, they ran me. When I went to the WWF and when I sat down after I saw it, as diplomatically as I could, I pointed that out to Vince. Vince was sitting where I had sat for years. Vince doesn't realize it. People, you see, who have a real strong personality - and I think I do - are more vulnerable, than somebody who has a tinge of timidity about them. A timid introvert, he'll sit and weigh everything and think everything through. The extrovert, he sometimes takes three steps before he thinks about it and has such self-confidence that he goes, 'Hell, I know where I'm going.' So, it's the old saying the easiest person in the world to con is another con. The extroverted dominant leader is sometimes, in fact, the easiest person to lead and manipulate. So Vince still to this day doesn't realize how much of his thinking is manipulated for him, his views on things."

-Jerry Jarrett, 3/2/97 Torch Talk

"Vince had this woman up there when I got there, boy you talk about a death knell to the company, she was horrible. The more I tried to point out to Vince that this woman is poison, hell, the stronger she got in the company. What happens is everybody would jump through rings for Vince. Vince would sneeze and three people would bump into each other trying to get a hanky for him. So this is what he sees. When you're sitting around the dining room table for the booking meetings, Vince would come up with an idea and three people will tell him three reasons he didn't even think of why it's the greatest idea that's ever been thought of. That's what Vince sees. Vince will give little speeches about wanting 'independent thinking' and people to speak up if they disagree. All of them will say, 'Yes, Vince, that's why I like working for you. You are so open to everything.' So that's what Vince sees. What he doesn't see is this finely honed skill either before the fact or after the fact of swaying Vince around so he comes up with this idea that is someone else's idea, but that he thinks is his idea. He turns on a wrestler thinking it was his idea, but it was someone else's. They'll do it with little innuendo because they know McMahon. It's the most fascinating, incredible thing to watch. Some of the insanity you have seen go on, you'd think, 'Why in the world would they do that?' Well, I just told you why."

-Jerry Jarrett, 3/2/97 Torch Talk

Ok, it's not a promo, but I had to post it for reference

Edited by RavishingRickRudo

"So Mankind, the Rock has said it before, he'll say it again, if your fat cellulite ass is feeling salty, then the Rock will be your tequila, so what the Rock wants you to do is sprinkle some salt on your hand, take a lick, and take a shot of the Rock, but don't get drunk, or else you'll wake up with the Rock's foot in your ass and his fist in your mouth if ya SMEEEEELLLL--what the Rock--is cookin'!!!"

-The Rock

"A new era is what this once proud and profitable company sorely needs... what was once a captivating, trend setting program has now deteriorated into a cliched... let's be honest, boring snoozefest that is in dire need of a knight in shining armor, and that's why I'm here!"

-Chris Jericho

"If your Olympic Hero were to use the Worm in the 1996 Olympic games, it would be so embarrassing to all the other athletes - and our country, mind you - that the USA would have finished behind Guam - perhaps dead last - and you all would not have an Olympic Hero to look up to - and that would be a shame, and you would be FORCED - you would be forced to cheer for the Detroit Tigers - it's true - it's true."

-Kurt Angle

Edited by RavishingRickRudo

"Now I am going to give the world my take on Russo, you see Russo, the way I see it, you are a skinny little Italian kid growing up in the Bronx. In New York, and your papa said like every young man in New York, you wanna be like Bruno Sammartino, the champion of the WWWF, and you said, Papa, I like Bruno, but he's a little too slow, and Papa said, you gotta be like Bruno Vinny, and you said papa Papa papa, Then daddy bought you cable, TBS, and one day your daddy heard you going PAPA PAPA, and Daddy ran in, horrified, and said TURN THAT OFF, and you said Papa, I wanna be JUST LIKE HIM, WHOOOOO! Your Papa said NO VINNY, YOU CAN'T BE LIKE THE NATURE BOY, YOU CAN'T STYLE AND PROFILE, YOU GOT NO MUSCLES VINNY, YOU GOT NO GIRLFRIENDS, You CAN'T be like the Nature Boy! WHOOOO! Oh Papa, please daddy, let me be like Ric Flair, no, no! I'm going to be like him some day! So NOW, it's all rolled around, you're a big skinny little punk with no muscles with a check book, and you think you've got the power to make people's lives come and go... So you walk in the door and write the checks, in reality you're just a kid who wants to be like the Nature Boy! You wanted to a kiss stealing wheeling dealing limo riding jet flying son of a gun who kissed all the girls in the neighborhood and made the cry. Instead you were a skinny little boy with no muscles, no girls, [and] you haven't got me."

-Ric Flair

Ric Flairs promo on the last ever Nitro

"Did I, Did I, WHOOOOOO! Did I happen to here Vince McMahon say he was going

to hold WCW in the palm.. of.. his... hand! Is that what he said ? Does that

mean that you are going to hold Jack Brisco, Dory Funk, Harley Race, the

Road Warriors, Sting, Luger, The Steiners, Ric Flair, Steamboat, does that

mean that you're gonna hold us all in the palm of your hand. To coin a

phrase, I DON'T THINK SO. You know, at 12 o'clock today, someone very

special to me said 'Don't go out on that show tonight knowing it's the very

last time that you'll ever be on TNT or TBS." She said to me, "Don't go out

there and cry. Don't go out there and say you're sorry," because I'm NOT.

I've been FOURTEEN TIMES (Crowd: "WHOOOOOOO!") THE WORLD CHAMPION, for the

greatest WRESTLING organization in the WORLD, WCW. We, I'm talking about the

Stings, the Steamboats, the Steiners, the Road Warriors, I'm talking about

my best friend Arn Anderson and the Four Horseman ("WHOOO!") We have been on

a par, and we have been equal to any wrestling organization in the WORLD. As

a matter of fact, we have run neck and neck with you, Vince McMahon, for

YEARS. And just for trivia Vince McMahon, did you know that in 1981 when you

were trying to become an announcer, your Dad was on the board of directors

and voted for ME to be the World Heavyweight Champion. WHOOOO! How 'bout

that! And ever since that day I have been a limousine riding, jet flying,

kiss stealing, wheelin deelin, SON OF A GUN, and ALONG WITH THE WHOLE DAMN

WCW, have kissed the beautiful girls world wide and made 'em cry. But you

see, we were EVERY BIT the force. We worked WCW, we lived, we breathed, we

sweat WCW. We paid the price to be the BEST. It's never been about the boys,

it's always been WWF versus the WCW. In the office, the boys have gone out

there night in and NIGHT OUT doing everything they could to be the very best

at what they've chosen to do with their lives. Those boys are here tonight.

WE ARE. We're not going anywhere. YOU CAN'T HOLD US IN YOUR HANDS and

control our lives. WE'RE WCW. We've bled and we've sweat. When was the last

time that you wrestled for an hour, cut yourself five times, bled for 45

minutes. WHEN WERE YOU THERE? YOU WEREN'T. YOU WEREN'T!! You weren't in the

dressing room, on the road 40 days and 40 nights, bleeding, sweating, going

to the next town. YOU CAN'T HOLD PEOPLE'S LIVES IN YOUR HANDS. We're the

greatest wrestling company of all time. I"m gonna say it again, You can't

control us OR our future. And in closing, let me say this... In all my years

in this sport, my greatest opponent in this company has been STING. So

tonight, if we're going out, if we're going out on a high-note, Stinger, The

Nature Boy wants you right here in the middle of the ring (HUGE POP) because

Sting, STING, my greatest opponent, STING, it's your last chance TO BE THE

MAN (Crowd starts chanting Sting's name, Flair's joins along). To be the

man, you've got to BEAT THE MAN. AND I AM, THE MAN!!!

Guest NCJ

Rock's promos with Austin before WMX-7 where terrific.

The promo where he really became the king of the promo for me was the one when he was going through everybody elses catch phrases before ending it. That is an absolute classic.

Tweener/Heel Bret Hart in 97 was absolutely the best Bret had ever been on the mic. He was just on the whole time.

One guy who dosen't get enough love is Taz when he was in ECW. I was one of the biggest Taz marks ever. The guy really made you think he would break anyone in half that ever dared to step in the ring with him.

I am Taz the ECW Heavyweight Champion. Beat me if you can. Survive if I let you.

There were TWO instances where Juvy was mentioned.

Once in 99 and once in 01

I was referring to '99

And I'm sure it wasn't the debut too, since I missed it due to moving