TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Last Free Voice

The OAO What's this move thread

these are both for LucharesuFan619.

Rollin' Hard's Nigga Knocka is a poorly executed DVD. (although i think the "poorly executed part was implied by "Rollin' Hard")

I know he has the Negro Amigo, which is also a DVD. So they're both the same thing?

Thanks for the info.

Jorge Estrada's Greetings from Graceland is hard too describe is like kinda like in Angle Slam/Burning Hammer position in a neck bump. It looks awesome.

I have a Head Drop Angle Slam listed as the Heartbreak Hotel. So, is that actually something different from Greetings From GLand or are they the same?

Also - anyone know what Chris Sabin's Sabin Press is? CageMatch.de lists that as his finisher.

ALSO: Move lists are up for:

- Teddy Hart at http://obsessedwithwrestling.com/bios/t/teddy-hart.html

- Harry Smith: http://obsessedwithwrestling.com/bios/h/harry-smith.html

Guest Jimbo

Hi there...

I was just watching Am Drag/Tiger Mask 4 from a recent NJPW show and to win the match, Danielson did this back suplex I'd never seen before.

It was like Taz's capture suplex where he grabs around the neck and under his opponents leg, pulling the leg up to next to his head...but reversed, so it was from the back.

Tiger Mask was dumped on the back of his head and Am Drag held him for the bridge pin and win. Any clue what this move is?

Hi there...

I was just watching Am Drag/Tiger Mask 4 from a recent NJPW show and to win the match, Danielson did this back suplex I'd never seen before.

It was like Taz's capture suplex where he grabs around the neck and under his opponents leg, pulling the leg up to next to his head...but reversed, so it was from the back.

Tiger Mask was dumped on the back of his head and Am Drag held him for the bridge pin and win. Any clue what this move is?

I always called it the Inverted Fisherman's Suplex. It's a really cool looking suplex. He does it to Low Ki in their 3-30-02 match.

What's the difference between a (non-Mexican) surfboard and an Indian deathlock? I can't seem to picture the difference right now.

Surfboard: Opp on front or knees. Stand behind. Grab arms, pull back and place foot between shoulder blades.

Indian Deathlock: Opp siting down. Place leg between theirs and wrap their legs up Lotus style. Press down on knees/thights to force legs apaart/down into each other.

Inverted Indian Deathlock (One you'll be thinking of I guess). Opp on front. Place foot between legs. Cross legs over each other, then hook your leg over their top one. So as you lean back it presses their legs together and they can't be on unhooked. Fall onto your back to apply pressure to the legs, forcing them together.

Actually, I don't think there's a senton involved in the traditional version. I'm pretty sure it's a regular backflip with no twist. Technically, a SFTD is a Handspring Leaping Moonsault Attack Suicida over the ropes. Traditional versions are used by John Kronus (the Space Flying Kronus Drop) and Jinsei Shinzaki/Hakshu (Space Flying Tiger Drop) and modifications include M-Dogg 20/Matt Cross' awe-inspiring Space Flying M-Dogg Driver, a Cartwheel Leaping Corkscrew Somersault Attack Suicida (usually without even touching the ropes), and Ruckus' Bad Ass (Carthweel Leaping 360 Degree Moonsault, where he catches the guy with his back instead of with his chest while upside down).

Guest Markingout
Jorge Estrada's Greetings from Graceland is hard too describe is like kinda like in Angle Slam/Burning Hammer position in a neck bump. It looks awesome.

I have a Head Drop Angle Slam listed as the Heartbreak Hotel. So, is that actually something different from Greetings From GLand or are they the same?

I think you have the Heartbreak Hotel and The Greetings freom Graceland mixed up. I am pretty sure of thats.

Guest DeathBecomesYou

I have a one...

I've heard from a few show reviews that Chris Hero has a new variation of the Hangman's Clutch, can anyone tell me what it is?

this may be the version you're talking about:

Hero has a version of the hangman's clutch where instead of the STF style lock of the legs he traps the arm like the Crippler Crossface. he still applies it w/ the cravate though.

thecitythesky... is falling

The Hangman's Clutch (3/4 Chancery / Stepover Toehold combo)

The Hangman's Clutch 2 (3/4 Chancery / Crossface combo)

He also has two versions of the Hero's Welcome, believe it or not. One is a traditional Last Rites (the regular Hero's Welcome) and the second is a version where he jumps high into the air while doing the move, and he calls that "Death Is Welcome." There's an animation of the DIW somewhere on HerosWelcome.net, his new official site.

Hope that helps.

Guest Markingout

Isn't there one like a regular STF with the knee in the back? Or is that the regular one?

First off...Barber, I'm pretty sure that's the "official fansite" for Hero, not Hero's actual website.

I'm going by people I talk to who have collections of older IWA shows, from 2000-2001, when Hero, Punk, and the ilk were still practically unknowns, and heard whoever was doing commentary list the numbers of the HC's off. The regular one's obviously #1, the Crossface version is either #3 or #4 (pretty sure it's #4), and whichever one the Crossface version isn't is the number for the standing version. But, I can't remember for the life of me what #2 is.

Markingout, your description sounds like the regular Hangman's Clutch.

Guest bort

While were on the topic of hero, does he do a move called the Superman clutch, I was watching TPI 02 yesterday and dave Prazk mentions that Hero recenltly debuted the move, is this just Dave miscalling the Hangmans clutch

Guest Markingout
While were on the topic of hero, does he do a move called the Superman clutch, I was watching TPI 02 yesterday and dave Prazk mentions that Hero recenltly debuted the move, is this just Dave miscalling the Hangmans clutch

Thanks Pheonix :D Bort, the Hangsman Clutch is an STF, but Hero turns sideways and puts his knee to his opponents back while pulling back on the STF. So if it looks like that it is a regular Hangman's Clutch. I have never heard of the Superman Clutch.

actually, i believe that the standing version is a modified Skayde special #2. i thought that i heard Prazak call it that during one of his matches w/ either danny or b-boy in highland...

also, i believe the Death is Welcome is generally done w/ him sitting on the top turnbuckle... but i could be wrong about that. i'll have to re-watch some things.

Hey, I wanna make a correction on something I said earlier in the thread.

Chris Sabin's Bum Rush is not a Neckbreaker into a Headbreaker thingy or whatever I called it. It's a Fallaway Slam Hold into a Swinging Neckbreaker. Sorry for the mistake.

Anyone know what Jack Evan's Evans Driver is? He used it on Fake You! TV this week, apparently.

Guest Markingout

I have that match of Fake You TV on my comp. Anyways, this is it, he has his head under your arm,and he hooks his arm around your neck, lifts you from the legs,and drops you on your head.

Edit: I am watching the match now, and according to Eric its a Michinoku Driver. But he messes up all the names of moves all time. What I described is something I saw in the MV. Now I am confused, your best bet is to ask Rob Naylor, he knows everything about those guys.

Guest JebusNassedar

So, I was watching the Ring of Honor "Crowning a Champion" show, and Spanky cut a fairly nice promo, but he said something that confused me.

"...the one and only time he faced Low Ki? He beat em, Left Turn at Albuquerque."

What is the Left Turn At Albuquerque?

Here's my full lists:

London:

Finisher:

- The London Star Press ([Flying] Shooting Star Press) (called The London Calling in NWA-TNA)

Other moves: Catapult Front Headscissors Takeover, Corner Quebrada, The Dropshot (in - Standing Backflip Reverse Dropkick; in WWE - Backflip Front Dropkick), Elbow Smash, Enziguri Kick, Fallaway Slam, Flying Frog Splash-style Crossbody Block, ^La Majistral^, Leg Sweep/STO combo DDT, *The Main Event Sleeper*, Neck Cradle Powerbomb, Northern Lights Suplex, Running Leaping Somersault Body Attack Suicida over the ropes, Shining Black (in TNA; I think it's a Shining Wizard variation, but I'm not sure), Spinning Heelkick, Topè Con Hilo, Tornado DDT, Twisting Ace Crusher/Diamond Cutter, The Waffle Face (Double-Arm Chickenwing Lift into Sitdown Inverted Powerbomb)

Spanky:

Finisher:

- Sliced Bread #2 (Running Stunner [3/4 Bulldog Facelock] into Super [top buckle] Backflip into Falling Inverted DDT )

Other moves:

Climbing Enziguri Kick, Corner Headscissors Takeover, Corner Running Tiger Mask Climbing Backflip Attack, Doctor Teeth (Swinging Neckbreaker into Face Crusher [OO calles it a Jawbreaker] onto his knee) (in WWE), Dropkick, Dr. Smoothe's Secret Recipe (Corner Backflip Dropkick), Elbow Smash, Electric Mayhem (Springboard Knee Smash), Enziguri Kick, Huracanrana, Jumping Side Salto Kick (modified Leaping Heelkick), Leaping Heelkick, Left Turn At Albuquerque (Flying Corkscrew [Horizontally-Spinning] Frog Splash), Mo Mo Latch (Cross-Legged Huracanrana-type thingy), ^Slingshot Fishmeran's Rollup^ (used in his Japan matches fairly regularly), Slingshot Moonsault Press, Spinning Sitout Front Suplex (ending w/ Sitout Face Slam), Springboard Dropkick, Springboard Swinging DDT, Topè Con Hilo, Tornado Pedigree off of middle buckle (?), Twisting Mare into Knee Smash, Whirling Twirltizer (Somersault Plancha)