TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nl5xsk1

Just a quick fantasy football bitch session

Why the fuck is Vick still listed as a "Can't be cut" player on the yahoo fantasy football leagues?!? The guys been out all year, and is unlikely to be a difference maker even when he comes back (if he even comes back this year). I kept him on the roster in the off chance that he got healthy enough to make a difference this year, but now there's other players that are still available and that I'd prefer to Vick (hello, Rudi Johnson) ... but I can't cut Vick, so to pick up the back I had to cut a player that's actually, you know, playing. Fucking yahoo, every year I tell myself that I'll just pay for one of the other leagues, that the crap that yahoo brings isn't worth it.

Sorry to bitch ... if anyone else is stuck with a "Can't be cut" guy, feel free to vent here .. if actually helps.

No, I'm in a league with friends that are enjoying the fact that I'm so pissed about being stuck with him ... thus, I'm stuck until yahoo realizes that he's NOT someone that will effect the league balance if he's cut.

I feel your pain, I'm in a league with Vick on my team and I have Doug Johnson along with random 3rd string QBs. So far I have been cutting and signing such great talents as Kyle Bollier, Chris Redman, Jay Fielder, Brian Griese in the past few weeks.

No, I'm in a league with friends that are enjoying the fact that I'm so pissed about being stuck with him ... thus, I'm stuck until yahoo realizes that he's NOT someone that will effect the league balance if he's cut.

This is why it sometimes pays to be in a league with a guy who's dedicated enough to slog through the stats week in and week out to come up with the scores. Although personally I think my buddy is nuts and should really have just made an Excel spreadsheet to cover all the stats (yes, he does it all by hand for a 14 team league AND a 10 team league).

I feel your pain, I'm in a league with Vick on my team and I have Doug Johnson along with random 3rd string QBs. So far I have been cutting and signing such great talents as Kyle Bollier, Chris Redman, Jay Fielder, Brian Griese in the past few weeks.

I'm sure Vick is training right now, hoping to get on the field ASAP so he won't totally ruin your fantasy team...

I've got the same problem with Vick. And worse, he was my ONLY good QB I drafted.

So I was stuck for like 9 weeks with crappy QBs. Thankfully, I'm doing alright considering.

But yah, Vick on the can't cut list is bullshit. Why? It's not like it'll matter, let me get rid of him. Seriously.

If I had shit-backups, then I'd be less likely to waive Vick. But the two QBs that I've been using with lately are Hasselbeck and Plummer. Neither are going to set any records, but both are playing well enough that I'm going to keep them active even when Vick is healthy (I just don't think that Vick will do enough in a few weeks to justify dropping the players that I've won with all year).

In order to pick up Johnson, I had to cut Bradford from the Texans. He's not great, but he was helping my team more than an injured Michael Vick.