TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolWrestling

Kurt Angle recruiting Bret Hart

Bret's healthy enough, Kurt wants him for Wrestlemania XX

On Get in the Ring Radio last night, Kurt Angle once again gave an open challenge to Bret Hart for Wrestlemania XX, saying that they would have "the greatest match in the history of professional wrestling", and that if Bret could do it physically, Kurt would be honored to meet him in the ring.

Angle even admitted to recently speaking with Bret for almost two hours on the phone about such a possibility. Kurt said that Bret Hart's stroke isn't what would prevent him from going in the ring, but rather his post-concussion syndrome gives Bret severe migraines every time he takes a bump. This ailment was caused by taking several hard bumps in his career, including the famous Bill Goldberg kick to the head in WCW, which Angle said was an "accident" and "it's unfortunate, but these things happen all the time."

With Brock vs. Goldberg, Kane vs. Taker, HHH vs. Foley and Austin vs. either Michaels, Vince or Hogan already being rumored for the Wrestlemania XX super-card, this only adds more to speculate about, if in fact Bret Hart is able to have one more match.

411wrestling.com

Nope. Bret said himself that he'd have a hard time doing a farewell speech in the ring let alone wrestle a ***** match against Angle. It's too dangerous, and wishful thinking. The best we can hope for is the farewell speech/some sort of outside the ring role.

Guest abowen33

Even my prayers for Bret never to return just to stick to his word would be thrown out the window for the obvious mark out boner this would recieve on my behalf.

But I REALLY doubt Bret can do much of anything anymore, and I really doubt he's in ring shape.

Guest FatLesnar

Sounds awesome, assuming Bret could still pull off a decent match. I'd hate to see him come back if he can't help Angle work a four or five star match.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I wish Angle would stop mentioning it and what not. Namely because I know it's planting that seed in Hart's head that makes him think he can do it and I just don't wanna see it, it's not worth it. Just stay in Canada and live your life Bret.

Guest FatLesnar
What a Schmuck.

Are you talking about Bret, or Angle?

If you're referring to Bret, there's not much he can do about it. Since when is trying not to get killed a reasonable grounds for being a shmuck?

It certainly wouldn't be a fun match to watch. I'd be cringing after every bump Bret would take, and they'd be limited as to what they could do in the ring.

Guest Goodear

I have to agree with Rudo here. Bringing Hart in would be a disaster on a number of levels ... as would any of these nostaglia acts that have been floating around like Austin, Foley and to a lesser extent Rock.

There are only two things I want to see Bret Hart do in wrestling now due to the post-concussion syndrome.

1) Be a referee for a match (either a Title Bout or one of McMahon's matches)

2) Be a commentator. I mean, he can't be any worse than current Jerry Lawler, can he?

Guest FatLesnar
I'm referring to Angle. It's totally selflish and stupid of him to try and bait Bret into a match. Kurt is willing to die in the ring, but that doesn't mean everyone else is.

Alright, I thought for a minute that you were talking about Hart.

I agree with what you're saying about Angle, though. He of all people should know about the risks of wrestling with an injury. Quit trying to draw the Hitman back to the business, and let him live a happy life with his family.

Guest Anglesault

Angle knows exactly what he's doing.

He's trying to goad Bret into one last match indirectly.

I would wager that Kurt is being a lot more selfish than he is letting on.

I think he can see that unless he somehow gets Bret to come back, fights for the title, or fights Shawn, he's stuck with a "who the hell cares" match on the biggest card ever.

And along with being shuffled all the way down the card, I'm sure he doesn't like the idea of the pay check for the "who the hell cares?" matches on the show.

Guest Mulatto Heat
On Get in the Ring Radio last night, Kurt Angle once again gave an open challenge to Bret Hart for Wrestlemania XX, saying that they would have "the greatest match in the history of professional wrestling"

Wasn't that supposed to be the XIX match with Lesnar?

This constant hassling of Bret by Kurt is really annoying me, because the post-concussion syndrome is a secret to no one yet this at least the third or fourth time this has come up. Buy a vowel. Get a clue. Leave him be already!

Guest FatLesnar

I think he can see that unless he somehow gets Bret to come back, fights for the title, or fights Shawn, he's stuck with a "who the hell cares" match on the biggest card ever.

And along with being shuffled all the way down the card, I'm sure he doesn't like the idea of the pay check for the "who the hell cares?" matches on the show.

Right... I for one thought Angle would be better than that. What's gotten into him? Maybe he's coming down with that HHH-syndrome - coming back from an injury and then (possibly) getting involved in some off-camera politics? I hope not, Angle used to be the man!

From Bret Hart's recent column over the weekend.

I remember my dad, in his sixties, standing on the ring apron as my tag partner when we teamed up against Stomper and J.R. Foley.

For me, those dreams are gone forever and it might sound crazy but it’s not my battle back from a stroke that makes it impossible, it’s only because Bill Goldberg nearly kicked my head off my shoulders. That one mule kick is the sole reason that I’ll never be able to come back and have classic dream matches with the likes of Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit or Brock Lesner. Then again, I’m just happy to be alive and I don’t dwell on these things much any

more.

Well, I would understand Hart being salty about having his career ended under such circumstances, but he dwell on these things anymore? That last sentence he wrote would seem to point to the contrary.

Guest Anglesault

Right... I for one thought Angle would be better than that. What's gotten into him?

IMO, it's that after three years of being fucked over at will, he decided to try and do something for himself, and saw Bret as his free ride to something at Mania, and wasn't willing to let it go.

I don't agree with trying to drag Bret back in, but I can see where he's coming from. He's basically left out of anything meaningful for Mania XX unless he can get Bret, and he knows it.

Guest wildpegasus

What else was Angle saying on the radio show? Is there any transcripts or recaps available?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
This is a pipe dream kiddies. I wish Kurt would stop bringing it up since there is like a 5% chance of it happening.

Then there is still a chance.

Not a good one. It's probably impossible, but there's a small chance.

(Prays)

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Angle knows that he'd have a better shot at getting a match out of Ken Shamrock by then, who in contrast with Bret Hart is supposedly really healthy right now and that wouldn't be a horrible match. It would only have 1/4th the significance, but it'd be better than prodding at Bret to reenter the new and improved hell and possibly end his life there.

I'm still wondering though, if Bret came back as a commentator, would you guys be against it or no?

I think Bret's been away from the business too long to call a good match.

A Bret Hart farewell speech I'm still up for.

Angle knows that he'd have a better shot at getting a match out of Ken Shamrock by then, who in contrast with Bret Hart is supposedly really healthy right now and that wouldn't be a horrible match. It would only have 1/4th the significance, but it'd be better than prodding at Bret to reenter the new and improved hell and possibly end his life there.

1/4th?

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

1/4th?

Just a guess... not trying to argue the significance.