TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fazzle

2003 Game of the Year SUPER-POLL!

Yes, yes, for the fourth straight year(4th? I think, maybe only 3rd) it's time for the GOTY Super-poll! The poll will be on multiple forums, and the results will be tallied and revealed sometime around new year's eve/day. The only rules:

1) You MUST vote for 3 games, not 2, not 4, but three. No ties.

2) Console, PC, Handheld, all games count.

3) The game must have a US release date sometime in 2003(unless it's an import, then 2003 release date from wherever it originated)

As far as my picks go...

Shit, I'll have to get back to you on that. I have no clue yet what I want to vote for. It's been a bad year for games, IMO. There's been a lot of good games, but nothing GREAT that sticks out to me as an obvious choice.

Edit: Bah, didn't see the top 5 topic. That's what I get for starting the poll late this year.

Guest Kamui

Taken directly from my top 5 reply....

1. Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)

2. Guilty Gear X2 (PS2)

3. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Gamecube)

I'm gonna wait until 2003 is over before I decide on any games of the year. Seems like kind of jumping the gun doing so before all the "entrants" have made their appearance.

I'm gonna wait until 2003 is over before I decide on any games of the year. Seems like kind of jumping the gun doing so before all the "entrants" have made their appearance.

Nothing else is really coming out though. That's why I waited until now to make the poll, I figured Deus Ex 2 was the last legitimate GOTY candidate. Of course, after seeing reviews, it looks like I could have started it earlier.

EDIT: I just looked it up and Ninja Gaiden doesn't come out untill 02/10/04...damnit!

1) Prince of Persia (Xbox)

2) Freedom Fighters (PC)

3) Wind Waker (GameCube)

(the casual gamer and heavy X-Box partisan enters)

Project Gotham Racing 2. For racing and sports game people like myself, it's GAWD this year.

(casual gamer and heavy X-Box partisan leaves)

Guest Coffey

1]Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain

I am a wrestling fan afterall, and it's a damn good game. I still play it, so that's a plus. It was hyped up quite a bit before release, and I think that it delievered. Definitely better than the previous Smackdown titles, and all you can ask for is that the game gets better each time, right?

2] Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

After you get past the first few minutes of gameplay, where you're just thinking negative thoughts, it's actually a really good game. Initially, I couldn't get past the fact that it plays so much like Devil May Cry, not that I'm past that phase, however, it was well worth the $50 I paid for it.

3] Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

It's a fun game, although a little bit easy. Still, at least worth a rent. If you haven't played this title yet, I suggest that you give it a whirl. I haven't heard anything bad spoken about this game other than it's too easy. The manipulation of time is cool.

Honorable mention(s):

Viewtiful Joe & Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Guest Askewniverse

WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain (PlayStation 2)

Need for Speed Underground (PlayStation 2)

Soul Calibur II (GameCube)

"3] Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

It's a fun game, although a little bit easy. Still, at least worth a rent. If you haven't played this title yet, I suggest that you give it a whirl. I haven't heard anything bad spoken about this game other than it's too easy. The manipulation of time is cool."

I rented it and I thought it was really easy as you said. I didn't play much, as I thought it was repetitive and boring. Im renting it tomorrow again.

I have my 3 games now....I think

#1 Prince of Persia

#2 ESPN NBA Basketball

#3 Jak 2

I'll probably change these multiple times before the end of the year.

Guest AllCanadian

ESPN NFL Football

Tom Clancy Rainbow Six 3

I guess for the amount of hours I put into it NHL 2004

Guest hhheld_down

legend of zelda for gc

viewtiful joe for gc

final fantasy x-2 for ps2

i keep wanting to change my mind but i havent played alot of video games lately X-2 is the last one I have played..

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain (PS2)

Wind Waker (Gamecube)

and I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet...

XIII~! (Gamecube)

XIII fucking rules, seriously.