TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

Jericho/Stratus Storyline..

The storyline twist from this past Monday regarding Chris Jericho and Trish Stratus has gotten a lot of attention from people who seemingly thought Jericho was turning face and now feel the story is over. This is not the case. The Jericho/Trish story is expected to still continue for sometime now.

It should also be noted that the angle from Monday DOES NOT write off any potential Jericho face turn. Infact, many sources indicate that the tentative plan is to actually progress with the Jericho faceturn and have him end up feuding with Christian. The idea is to have Jericho have a hard time being a "good guy" and not the pure heel he has been for years. As he turns more of a babyface, Christian will feel betrayed and view Jericho as "getting soft."

The Christian/Lita portion of the angle is not expected to continue much longer. The point of it was to supplement the Jericho/Trish story.

Christian is actually said to be happy about not having to play a babyface (although fake) since he wants to focus fully on his heel character.

Matt Hardy is not expected to get involved in any angle with Lita soon.

Credit: PWTorch.com VIP Audio Update

There is still hope indeed.

Christian is actually said to be happy about not having to play a babyface (although fake) since he wants to focus fully on his heel character.

SON OF A BITCH. Welcome back to resthold city.

Guest ligerbomb03
Hah, who called it?

So they're not going to throw away the one good thing RAW has going for it story-wise? Huge shocker there.

Don't say that too loud because you never know when Tubby H might be listening.

Guest TheArchiteck
The idea is to have Jericho have a hard time being a "good guy" and not the pure heel he has been for years. As he turns more of a babyface, Christian will feel betrayed and view Jericho as "getting soft."

Sounds like a good idea.

Guest Fook

Good plan, but only if they don't screw it up.

The worst thing for them to do now would be to rush the turn so they could have Jericho vs Xian at Armageddon.

Jericho's turn has to be gradual so the fans can not only see him dealing with his conflicted emotions, but can slowly start supporting him against Xian.

If they do it right, they could extend this storyline until WM where they can finally have the big blowoff match between Jericho and Xian.

Well, I guess we're going to have to endure silly catchphrases like "assclown", "junior", "jerky", and "eeeeeeeeever" once again. Let the Jericho Is Stale Part 2 hate begin.

I've been waiting for him to tell someone to PUH-LEEZE SHUT.. THE HELL... UP!!! for two years now. Jericho rules as a heel, but he rules as a face more. Why? One simple reason - PEOPLE TAP TO THE FUCKING WALLS WHEN HE'S A FACE.

Two gold moments of jericho face-ness:

(whilst feuding with Steph and, indirectly, Rhyno)

"I'm going to get that dirty... sweaty... smelly animal... and i'm going to get you too, Rhyno!"

Angle as WWF champ comes out and says he's ready to defend his title, but needs a few seconds to prepare - cue Jericho's countdown clock.

Face it, his entrance rules as a way of interrupting/flustering heels.

Guest The Steel Dragon

Although I like the idea of a Face turn for Y2J I still dread the inevitable Jobbing to Randy Orton he'll do since Y2J claims to be the 'living legend'. I have nothing against Randy since I neither hate him or like him, for me he's just sorta there.

:gas:

Bah, Jericho's been a heel for 2 years now, a face turn is in order. So much for Christian / Hardy at Armageddon, I actually wanted to see that.

Jericho rules as a heel, but he rules as a face more. Why? One simple reason - PEOPLE TAP TO THE FUCKING WALLS WHEN HE'S A FACE.

I thought Jericho beat opponents with the Lionsault (a move that should STILL only be a mid-match spot) the majority of the time during his face run.

Guest Goodear
Well, I guess we're going to have to endure silly catchphrases like "assclown", "junior", "jerky", and "eeeeeeeeever" once again. Let the Jericho Is Stale Part 2 hate begin.

Yeah cause he never says that tired old shit now.

Face it, Jericho as a heel doesn't work in a uppercard sort of way when the faces are all bigger and stronger guys. He simply doesn't have the impact offense to be a main event player without playing the gritty underdog. That's where you draw money with Jericho. Him being this 'heel who everyone wants to win' is pointless and has been a failure.

If Jericho's face turn succeeds and he becomes mega-popular again, I wouldn't want to see Jericho and Christian feud all the way until Wrestlemania. Jericho still needs the big rub to elevate himself to legit main eventer, not a guy who plays around with main event status and drops. Jericho should, and needs, to defeat Triple H for the World Title at WM. If he becomes a very over face, garnering more heat than WWE-darling Orton, then they need to give Jericho the big win.

Guest Goodear

Woah let's not go crazy with the whole 'giving Triple H the belt back' talk. Seriously I think it would work better if Jericho won the belt off someone else (major event and probably a good draw) and then defends against Triple H at some point (ect. ect.). Essectially get two events out of the deal rather than just one huge blow off especially since the belt needs some time away from Hunter.

Jericho rules as a heel, but he rules as a face more. Why? One simple reason - PEOPLE TAP TO THE FUCKING WALLS WHEN HE'S A FACE.

I thought Jericho beat opponents with the Lionsault (a move that should STILL only be a mid-match spot) the majority of the time during his face run.

The Lionsault's a weak-looking finisher, sure. But what you have when he's a heel is a weak-looking finisher and a submission no-one taps to. When he's face, you have a weak-looking finisher and a submission that heel Steve Austin (you know, the then WWF champion) has tapped to. Top faces (almost) NEVER tap, except to the Crossface and sometimes the Angle Lock. Come on, who's tapped to the Walls lately? Um... Stacy Keibler, during the whole "I hit you with a chair" malarky. And Jim Ross. That's it, as far as I remember.

Jericho still needs the big rub to elevate himself to legit main eventer

GROAN

Woah let's not go crazy with the whole 'giving Triple H the belt back' talk. Seriously I think it would work better if Jericho won the belt off someone else (major event and probably a good draw) and then defends against Triple H at some point (ect. ect.). Essectially get two events out of the deal rather than just one huge blow off especially since the belt needs some time away from Hunter.

Well, unless Goldberg holds the belt all the way until Wrestlemania XX, I don't know if there's anyone else who is credible enough to give Jericho the rub, while doing the job. I hate Triple H being World Champ as much as the next guy, but it's almost as if there are no other options. Although it would be cool to see Jericho dethrone Goldberg.