TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The Dames' Diatribe on WWE Raw: 12/8

Guest JMA
My Two Cents: The Rock’s surprise was great, I certainly didn’t hear about it and the crowd popped bigger than any crowd has on Raw in a LONG time. The Rock was once again, refreshing to see on Raw and since Anaheim is close to Hollywood, it was a nice decision to bring him in for one night. La Resistance can recover from the beating and everyone had a good time. The only problem that I had with it was all of the Anti-French sentiment. Does the WWE even run in France?

To be truthful, I've gotten used to the xenophobia. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to. Anyway, I actually think this segment was good for La Res. They got in some good offense against two former World champs.

Remember when Austin beat them up single-handedly?

My Opinion: I’ll admit, I honestly thought that Jericho and Christian might win the tag titles to try and add another odd dimension to the Trish/Lita love storyline that’s going on, but thankfully, they’re leaving the tag titles out of this. Why the Dudley’s were involved at all is beyond me as Jericho and Christian certainly didn’t deserve a shot, logically speaking. The finish was cute, but it looks like they’ve already not only given away the big reveal last week, but Trish and Lita’s revenge as well. Leave it to WWE to take a good thing and just screw it up. *

I think you're sorta missing the point. It's not about Trish and Lita getting revenge. It's about Jericho still being in love with Trish. Although it seems like he can't admit it. That line was subtle, but he still said it.

OMG Dames made a death threat! Ban plz! :rolleyes:

Yo know, I couldn't tell if that uneasy expression he (Jericho) had after being told of the ppv match he's going to be in was because he feels bad storyline wise or if he's legitimately groaning like the rest of us.

I think your last statement hit the nail right on the head: The desperately need to develop new stars and can't be turning back to the Rock or Foley to get the fans involved. I could argue that they are trying to create new stars, but so far none of them have really broken through yet.

Yo know, I couldn't tell if that uneasy expression he (Jericho) had after being told of the ppv match he's going to be in was because he feels bad storyline wise or if he's legitimately groaning like the rest of us.

C'mon, Jericho had this look on his face like "WTF are you smoking?" and Christian was jumping up and down going "YAY! I LOVE IT!!!"

I'm disappointed to not see the phrase:

"In Anger!"

Anywhere.

And how can you blame Evolution for screwing up your ILLEGAL cable feed?

I didn't notice the whole "IN ANGER" thing until after I was done...

and it's not the illegal feed i'm worried about. That's WORTHLESS to me thanks to good ol' Cablevision.

Dames

I think your last statement hit the nail right on the head: The desperately need to develop new stars and can't be turning back to the Rock or Foley to get the fans involved. I could argue that they are trying to create new stars, but so far none of them have really broken through yet.

Those are the only two established stars that will actually create new stars. HHH & Austin sure as hell won't.

I'm sure that Jericho and Christian will have some sort of disagreement in this match when Jericho refuses to fight them. It's a pure storyline match, and this thing is gonna go until the Rumble at least. It's not over yet. Like the others said, Christian was excited as all hell about the match, and Jericho was disappointed. All 8 people watching RAW with me (including a couple who didn't even know what the background to the story was) figured out where this was going, so I'm pretty sure that there's gonna be some conflict between Jericho and X at Armageddon.

Chris Jericho & Christian vs. The Dudley Boys for the World Tag Team Titles

Match Background: Why these two have a title shot is beyond me. They haven’t had issues in a very long time.

Probably because every other team is involved in the Tag Team Turmoil match on the PPV, and they wanted to get the Dudleys on the show somehow without facing one of those teams.

My Opinion: Bottom line, like him or not, this match was all about putting over Mark Henry and I’d say they succeeded. Henry now has a new finisher, the bear hug, which gives him two things to put people away with and he’s now being booked properly. He’s a brick wall which will destroy you if he’s able to get his hands around you. I’m amazed at how much time this match was given on free TV, especially considering the people involved, but it told a story in the ring, which is always good. It intensified the Booker/Henry rivalry and even the announcers called the straight match, pimping Henry’s abilities to high heaven.

Don’t get me wrong, the man is not a workrate king all of a sudden, but they are playing to his strengths finally and it looks to be working. **1/4

You shocked the hell out of me here, Dames. The combination of JR's orgasmic announcing and Henry's 70s offense (and a reverse chinlock that seemed to go on for five freaking minutes) turned me right off this match.

Can you believe that Cade & Jindrak got new music that sounds even MORE generic?

...no...

I swear, if I look through my old toy collection, I’m positive that I’ll find at least 5 or 6 bootleg wrestling action figures that look like Cade & Jindrak.

:lol:

Wait a sec...

Garrison Cade & Mark Jindrak vs. Lance Storm & Val Venis (w/ Anaheim hotties)

Storm and Cade in the same match--JR's head must have nearly exploded.

My Opinion: What happens when you take the two blandest teams on Raw and throw them together in a tag match that ultimately means nothing? A BORED crowd. The crowd seriously couldn’t give a shit about anything that was going on in the ring and with that hottie at ringside, neither would I. JR was probably going NUTS trying to keep the names straight as both Lance Storm and Garrison “Lance” Cade were both wearing the exact same tights. The match was quick, thankfully, but ultimately, didn’t do anything for anyone. 1/2 *

He actually was able to keep them straight?!

In the back, Kane cuts an odd promo about killing a dog that used to annoy him after school. He killed it and dumped it in the woods and every day, he’d come back and watch the maggots and worms feeding off of it. He somehow translates that into Goldberg’s title reign annoying him and calling the fans maggots and worms that feed Goldberg’s intensity.

Huh? So...his title reign is dead and--what the hell does that even mean?

Mick Foley comes to the ring and once again pimps the Stone Cold petition. He claims that he was appointed as the co-GM in order to make Raw better. Therefore, he’s going to be the special ref in the RVD/Orton IC Title match.

Heheh, you're a funny man, Dames. Uh...you mean that wasn't a joke?!

Does it seem like this is a one-time appearance for the Rock or is he actually back for another month and change?

Not much feedback today because I had 3 finals to study for, Big D.

Mark Henry has dropped the white outfit and his new outfit actually makes him look like one of those Hershey made chocolate bars…the one with the red and gold trimming, but I’ll be damned if I can remember the name of it now. Is it Mr. Goodbar or Krackel or something?

Krackel, A.K.A. Hershey's Crunch ripoff. Mr. Goodbar comes in a yellow wrapper.

Do either of them exist outside of those big bags of mini candy bars?

I'd agree with this statement, but not completely. HHH is trying to groom Orton, for selfish reasons or not. Austin claims he's tried to help some rookies, but they aren't "envious to learn from him".

Those are the only two established stars that will actually create new stars. HHH & Austin sure as hell won't.

My Opinion: Bottom line, like him or not, this match was all about putting over Mark Henry and I’d say they succeeded. Henry now has a new finisher, the bear hug, which gives him two things to put people away with and he’s now being booked properly. He’s a brick wall which will destroy you if he’s able to get his hands around you. I’m amazed at how much time this match was given on free TV, especially considering the people involved, but it told a story in the ring, which is always good. It intensified the Booker/Henry rivalry and even the announcers called the straight match, pimping Henry’s abilities to high heaven.

Don’t get me wrong, the man is not a workrate king all of a sudden, but they are playing to his strengths finally and it looks to be working. **1/4

You shocked the hell out of me here, Dames. The combination of JR's orgasmic announcing and Henry's 70s offense (and a reverse chinlock that seemed to go on for five freaking minutes) turned me right off this match.

It might have turned you off, but from a mark's persective (which is what they're shooting for 90% of the time), it came across that Mark Henry can squeeze the shit out of you to win matches and that it takes a lot to take him down. That's all that's really needed for him to be booked properly. If he were to be turned babyface with that mentality, he could be over. He was once. It's not all about the moves you know, but the timing and how you perform them.

Dames

Mark Henry has dropped the white outfit and his new outfit actually makes him look like one of those Hershey made chocolate bars…the one with the red and gold trimming, but I’ll be damned if I can remember the name of it now. Is it Mr. Goodbar or Krackel or something?

Krackel, A.K.A. Hershey's Crunch ripoff. Mr. Goodbar comes in a yellow wrapper.

Do either of them exist outside of those big bags of mini candy bars?

Ha...I knew it was Krackel...I almost said Kracker during my review, but I knew that was wrong.

I usually only see those candies during Halloween or whenever there's a party at my nieces school and she brings some home.

Dames

My Opinion: What happens when you take the two blandest teams on Raw and throw them together in a tag match that ultimately means nothing? A BORED crowd. The crowd seriously couldn’t give a shit about anything that was going on in the ring and with that hottie at ringside, neither would I. JR was probably going NUTS trying to keep the names straight as both Lance Storm and Garrison “Lance” Cade were both wearing the exact same tights. The match was quick, thankfully, but ultimately, didn’t do anything for anyone. 1/2 *

In the back, Kane cuts an odd promo about killing a dog that used to annoy him after school. He killed it and dumped it in the woods and every day, he’d come back and watch the maggots and worms feeding off of it. He somehow translates that into Goldberg’s title reign annoying him and calling the fans maggots and worms that feed Goldberg’s intensity.

Huh? So...his title reign is dead and--what the hell does that even mean?

Does it seem like this is a one-time appearance for the Rock or is he actually back for another month and change?

Not much feedback today because I had 3 finals to study for, Big D.

Actually, he screwed up the minute they wrestled each other and had to talk pretty slowly to make sure not to screw up again whenever he spoke their names.

It meant he was going to kill Goldberg, somehow.

It's a one-time appearance for now, but he'll be back around January til WM from what I hear.

Dames

The Kane promo is not that hard to figure out. It's all symbolism.

Kane destroyed a dog that he hated and annoyed him.In the present day,Kane is going to destroy Goldberg for the same reasons. Plus it just shows a little more of his instability.

Simple and a little creepy.

Dames is right about the Mark Henry booking. They're booking him to his strengths now and it is finally making Henry look like some sort of legitimate threat. I liked the 6 man tag. I have no problem with 5 minute rear chinlocks if there is a reason for it. It showed Mark Henry as a strong SOB that punishes/wears down someone.

The Kane promo is not that hard to figure out. It's all symbolism.

Kane destroyed a dog that he hated and annoyed him.In the present day,Kane is going to destroy Goldberg for the same reasons. Plus it just shows a little more of his instability.

Simple and a little creepy.

Sounds like he screwed up the wording pretty badly.

Also, it sounds like Vince really wants to create a Hannibal Lechter style character, but has neither the actors nor the writers to pull it off.

Killing a dog--is that the best that they could come up with?

Guest The Rising Star

I see you like the word HARSH now, all of a sudden. Is that because I said that you were harsh on Lita for calling her a "he"?

I see you like the word HARSH now, all of a sudden. Is that because I said that you were harsh on Lita for calling her a "he"?

I just get vibes from things...

Some things are HARSH...others are VICIOUS.

You know.

Dames

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Quick reply:

It should be interesting to see how the Main Event of Armageddon pans out, considering that none of the participants will sell.