One & Only Smackdown Spoilers Thread

Guest Barcelona

And we wait!

Like a wave on the ocean, romanced

We were liars in love and we danced

Swept away for a moment by chance

And we danced and danced and danced

Here's a probable match.

A Train was on a local sports radio station in San Diego this morning to promote tonight’s SmackDown taping. He said that he thought that he and Matt Morgan would be teaming to take on Chris Benoit and John Cena and the stipulation being if Benoit and Cena win, Bob Holly gets his job back. A Train also made comments on the awful flight to Perth, Australia.

From 1wrestling.com

Guest Barcelona

My bad - somebody mentioned one hadn't been started in another thread so I took the initiative.

I posted here over the summer and they were started early all the time. What happened?

I posted here over the summer and they were started early all the time. What happened?

Something climbed up Dames' ass and it has YET to leave.

Yep.

;)

Are you inferring that you've been having homo-sexual relations with Dames, Downhome? Is THAT the big secret you're worried about others finding out Dames?

I think I've stumbled upon a massive conspiracy here.

RRR: Worried about this post being deleted.

RRR: Worried about being deleted.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

(sees thread title) Woo! Smackdown spoilers!

(reads inside thread).....where are my Spoilers you son of a bitch!?

I'm sure everyone was told not to start this thread unles.....(gasp) actual spoilers were in it! But I have one...

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Chris Benoit is gonna feud with A-Train again because McMahon thinks he sucks.

Are you inferring that you've been having homo-sexual relations with Dames, Downhome?  Is THAT the big secret you're worried about others finding out Dames?

One of these days, Rudo. Pow! Right in the kisser!

leftb.jpg

Are you inferring that you've been having homo-sexual relations with Dames, Downhome?  Is THAT the big secret you're worried about others finding out Dames?

One of these days, Rando. Pow! Right in the kisser!

leftb.jpg

That's Rudo...not Rando......I'm sad because of the confusion.......

That's Rudo...not Rando......I'm sad because of the confusion.......

Whoops, there I am being a moron again.

I was reading something of Rudo's...damnit.

I went to the show today and it was a pretty average Smackdown. Here is what I remember.

Dark Matches

Jaimie Noble beat Psicosis

2 indy wrestlers beat 2 other indy wrestlers

Velocity

FBI beat Paul London and Spanky

Ultimo Dragon Beat indy wrestler

Orlando Jordan beat Kanyon

Smackdown

Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar cut promo dissing San Diego. Brock said he would get everyone deported. This Brought out Rey Mysterio and chalenged Brock to a match later that night.

Rhyno beat Bradshaw

Cat danced around and Sable dissed him

Shanon Moore beat A train

after match Big Show and Matt Morgan attack A train.

Big Show and John Cena battle rap each other. After Battle Rap Cena kicks Big Show in the nuts.

Los Guerreros faced the WGTT. Didn't get ending because I got an important call on my cell phone.

Chris Benoit does interview backstage where he say he dosen't know if he will ever get another shot at the title.

Brock Lesnar beat Rey Mysterio with the same submission move he used on Benoit. After match Lesnar attacks Mysterio and Holly makes the save. Rey and Holly celebrate with who I believe was Tito Ortiz. End of Show

I know I am forgeting some other parts but these were the most important ones.

Here's some from Meltzer.

Dark Matches

Jamie Knoble beat Psicosis(I believe the original with his mask)

Good match that saw Knoble win by reversing a top rop huracanrana into a sunset flip for the win.

Travis Tomko & ???(Looked like Zulu without the face paint but I'm not sure) beat the Ballard Brothers.

It was ok.

Velocity

Chuck Palumbo & Nunzio beat Spanky & Paul London

Average

Ultimo Dragon beat Tony ???(Same guy who lost to John Heidenreich last night)

Dragon got the best reaction so far.

Orlando Jordan pinned Kanyon

Tajiri pinned Kidman to retain the cruiserweight title

good match

Smackdown

Paul Heyman opened the show by saying Chris Benoit would never get another title shot while he was GM.He said he was going to build Smackdown around Brock Lesnar like Vince Sr. built around Sammartino and Vince Jr. built around Hogan & Austin.Lesnar came out and both he & Heyman kept repeating the line of greatest WWE Champion of all time.Lesnar screwed up on his promo thinking he was in Mexico before Heyman corrected him and said they were in San Diego.Rey Misterio came out and challenged Lesnar to a match.Lesnar agreed but said it would be non title and if Rey won he'd get a title shot next week.

Rhyno beat Bradshaw

Bradshaw took the whole match before being pinned with an inside cradle off a superplex.

Heyman was in the back with Matt Morgan & A-Train and noted how he "dealt" with Nathan Jones and said he would do the same with A-Train for betting on Benoit last week and booked him against Shannon Moore

Before the match FBI were taking bets on all matches for the night and Morgan put his money on Train.Bashams also put money on themselves in their tag title match with Rikishi & Scotty next week

Shannon Moore beat A-Train with a roll up.

Morgan nailed Moore as he was going to the back and Big Show came out.They teased beating up Moore but instead Morgan & Show turned on A-Train ending with a chokeslam

The Cat came out and brought out Sable to dance with him.Sable wouldn't so Cat kissed her and stripped down to his boxers and did the splits.

Los Guerreros beat Haas & Benjamin.Eddie did the spot where he moves the tag rope to the center of the ropes to tag Chavo.At one point Benjamin lifted tho hood up on the lowrider and went to slam Eddie's head under it.Backstage before the match Eddie said he would steal the spotlight and win the match so when he had the match won and was setting for the frog splash Chavo tagged in and did the frog splash but couldn't get the win.Eddie ended up getting a part from the engine and hitting Benjamin for the win.

Big Show came out in hip hop gear and challenged Cena to a rap battle.Show's delivery wasn't good but his lines were great including

"I'm a giant in my world your the white girl and I'm Kobe Bryant"Crowd ended up cheering Show alot and Cena responded with one of his best raps ever.Segment ended with Cena giving Show a low blow.

They recapped the title match from last week and Benoit did an interview and said Heyman could take away his title shot but not his passion

Torrie Wilson & Nidia were backstage and Torrie was about to tell Nidia what Knoble did last week but he showed up and was checking out Torrie the whole time.

Lesnar made Misterio tap out to the leg submission he used on Benoit last week.Crowd groaned big time at the finish.Seeing as how it was his home town and non title and could have set up a match last week where Lesnar went over I see no reason why Rey couldn't win here.It was a really good match with a lot of heat as the whole crowd was on it's feet.Rey got a lot of offense although had a few slip ups that will be edited out.Best moves were a 619 around the post and a huracanrana on the outside which sent Lesnar into the post.After the match a fan in a Misterio mask hit the ring and was immediatley tackled by Lesnar & security.It seemed totally legit live until the fan unmasked as Bob Holly and cleaned house.After the show Rey celebrated with his family and the fans and Tito Ortiz who was at ringside came in to celebrate with Holly & Rey.After most people left Tito got in the ring with a few freinds and almost killed one of them attempting a press salm.Outside after the show all the wrestlers were driving away in their rental cars right in front of the building and the fans and Cena's car was mobbed to the point security was clearing fans out of the way so he could leave and people chasing the car down the street.

I can't believe this is the same Kanyon who was treated very well until his injury.I wonder why Psicosis got a tryout? Has Psicosis ever wrestled in a dark match for wwf/e?

OMG, don't tell me that Hardcore Holly is gonna face Brock Lesnar for the WWF Title at the Royal Rumble. If they screw Benoit over like this, I will boycott Smackdown before I even start boycotting RAW after Armaggeddon if HHH wins the World Title back. :angry:

The only logic I can ascribe to it, and it's terribly flawed I know, is that he's failed totally to illicit any interest as a heel so they're going to try him as a face to see if they can get at least two people to give a shit about him.

That or Vince popped a fucking boner over the idea of A-Train vs Morgan and A-Train vs Big Show.

Edited to add : If A-Train went back to his old look of pants and a black T, I'd have a little more time for him, the hairy-back gimmick is fucking appalling.