Damaramu

The Heisman trophy........

My rankings:

1. Chris Perry

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Darren Sproles

4. Jason White

5. Eli Manning

I'm revising my rankings... I was ready for a big rant on Sproles not playing anybody and I found out K-State's SOS is better than Michigan's.

My NEW rankings:

1. Larry Fitzgerald

2. Darren Sproles

3. Chris Perry

4. Jason White

5. Eli Manning

Fitzgerald has the numbers and streaks against some quality opponents. Sproles kicked White's ass in a head-to-head matchup of both teams biggest game of the year. Perry gets the nod ahead of White because he carried Michigan in their biggest of the year, with the conference championship on the line. White's numbers were superb. But, again, White choked in his most important game. Big players make big plays in big games. White didn't do that (Texas is overrated). Manning rounds out my list, definitely the best pro QB but this is a college award.

You seem to forget that White was really injured in his big game. He hurt his arm and his knee and wasn't even seeing straight. Sounds like pretty bad odds to fight back against.

He should've been removed from the game...why he wasn't is beyond me because OU's 2nd string QB is pretty good.

You seem to forget that White was really injured in his big game. He hurt his arm and his knee and wasn't even seeing straight. Sounds like pretty bad odds to fight back against.

Too damn bad. Heisman winners don't accept excuses. I guess it just goes to show you, when the going gets tough and the odds are against you... quit.

Too damn bad. Heisman winners don't accept excuses. I guess it just goes to show you, when the going gets tough and the odds are against you... quit.

Actually he didn't quit. He kept playing. And it reflected how hurt he was. He couldn't do things he'd done all season...but he tried.

And Spicy...I'm pretty sure if you hurt your knee, arm, and were damn near a concussion you wouldn't still be playing football.

He still played and he still tried. Hmm......I don't remember him quitting. Maybe Stoops wanted to take him out of the game but he wanted to stay in. Like I said.....he was hurt. His game reflected that. He was trying his god damn best to play like he normally does but he was just to hurt.

So if Eli Manning had a broken leg and got out of the game would you be like "That pussy! He's not Heisman material! He should still be playing the same way he always plays!"

Your logic astounds me in it's OU haterizing. This is what I mean. People will find any reason to discount OU and it's players. Jason White is hurt like hell and still trying to play "What a pussy! Heisman players aren't like that! How dare he try his best and be to hurt to do it! How dare he try! Fuck him!" I swear if he lost his arm and kept trying to play people would be on his ass about not being as good as he usually is.

Fact is....White has the most impressive record and has done the most impressive job as QB this season. Eli Manning hasn't. Plain and simple. Cut and dried. You aren't changing my opinion.

Your logic astounds me in it's OU haterizing. This is what I mean. People will find any reason to discount OU and it's players. Jason White is hurt like hell and still trying to play "What a pussy! Heisman players aren't like that! How dare he try his best and be to hurt to do it! How dare he try! Fuck him!" I swear if he lost his arm and kept trying to play people would be on his ass about not being as good as he usually is.

GET OFF OF IT ALREADY. Fuck, this is like Sports folder trolling almost.

If Eli Manning had broken his leg, that'd be different. You need your legs to move around. You can say that White didn't want to be taken out, and he might not have been, but the decision lies in the coach's hands. If you want to blame anyone for us getting on White's injured performance, get on Stoops for leaving him in to continue to look awful.

You also ignore that he'd been pretty impotent up to that point in the game already.

I swear, you've spent more time typing remarks on OU than their games have taken to play combined. Just let it fucking go. A real fan takes criticism of their team (unless the person can't back up any of it) and accepts it. They don't endlessly bitch and whine in every single comment on the team. I didn't hate Oklahoma before, but you're seriously steering me and probably everyone else in that direction by constantly talking about them. I simply wanted LSU to win the national title for the SEC, but now I want to see them fuck Oklahoma's world up after all of this bellyaching.

And Conspiracy Victim, I've been bringing the Kylie love for a year and a half now, you just noticed it now.

Nope we had a little "we love Kylie" discussion about a year ago. Just glad to see you're bringing the persona back. I even asked where you got your banners made and such. *sniff sniff* I feel so forgotten now. I'm depressed.

SOMEONE HOLD ME DAMMIT!

GET OFF OF IT ALREADY. Fuck, this is like Sports folder trolling almost.

If Eli Manning had broken his leg, that'd be different. You need your legs to move around. You can say that White didn't want to be taken out, and he might not have been, but the decision lies in the coach's hands. If you want to blame anyone for us getting on White's injured performance, get on Stoops for leaving him in to continue to look awful.

You also ignore that he'd been pretty impotent up to that point in the game already.

I swear, you've spent more time typing remarks on OU than their games have taken to play combined. Just let it fucking go. A real fan takes criticism of their team (unless the person can't back up any of it) and accepts it. They don't endlessly bitch and whine in every single comment on the team. I didn't hate Oklahoma before, but you're seriously steering me and probably everyone else in that direction by constantly talking about them. I simply wanted LSU to win the national title for the SEC, but now I want to see them fuck Oklahoma's world up after all of this bellyaching.

I said it before. I'm fine with someone criticizing them. But people try to unfairly diminish there accomplishments at every turn. Hell some of you can't even see that Jason White is a good QB.

People were bitching about them before they lost to K-State. They lose and people go nuts like it's some kind of grand proof that they all suck and don't deserve anything. If they win the national title game there will be people bitching that they don't deserve it and that they suck. If Jason White wins the Heisman there will be people bitching that he doesn't deserve it and Eli Manning got screwed.

Seriously....they can DO NOTHING to please anyone. The entire team could rid the world of cancer and play every team in the entire NCAA and shut them all out and they would still be told off and discounted.

Maybe if they got the credit they are due rather than "Oh they're good....but hardly that good." and other snide comments I wouldn't be so up on it.

I am tired for seeing them put down at every turn. I'm a fan and I'm going to defend them against bullshit comments like that.

I can understand why someone would say Eli Manning deserves it but I don't think White is undeserving like some would act.

Edited by The Mighty Damaramu

Guest Agent of Oblivion
SOMEONE HOLD ME DAMMIT!

I'm sure Kotz would oblige, given you have a functional penis.

You're acting like people are saying any I-AA team could school the Sooners. They're not. No sportswriter in America is tearing them as big an asshole as you think.

C&Ped from the *other* thread, since this is now basically the same thread, in case you missed it there:

It's just backlash, that's all. We're still less than a week removed from OU getting blown out. The media spent the entire year cupping OU's balls, and pretty much rightfully so. Everybody on the ABC and ESPN broadcasting teams picked Oklahoma to go to the title game all year long. Shit, Oregon got ragged on just as bad when they fell apart 4 games into the season after getting a Sports Illustrated cover. When the team that everyone's been calling phenomenal all year long takes a hit, all the potential criticism and disappointment spills out.

It's nothing personal. They lost big 6 days ago, and it's their time to get ragged on.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...ivan&id=1684747

Here's a little bit on how easy it was to vote Jason White #1 in the Heisman race.

Actually from what I understand Jason White was the easy choice. From just about everyone who votes for the Heisman I've heard say "Oh I picked Jason White. He's the best." as a matter of fact I heard a statistic that 138 votes were in as of this morning and Jason White had 38% of them. More than any of the other guys.

Then again it's not over. But it's certainly looking like he gets it and Manning gets second.

Looks at all 4 finalist. See's all of them had bad games when their teams lost. For some reason though Jason White's bad game is reason enough to ignore 40 TD's, and 8 int's.

White will get it

its been pointed out that most votes were cast before that loss

Eli "should" get it but i think most voters know eh will go on to greather things while white will have some problems being a star in the pros and will want to honor his college level accomplishments

Another thing I heard today.

White has failed to perform once. And he still threw over 300 yards in that game.

The others have all failed to perform several times.

Think about that.

Oh and another thing......yes Manning will go somewhere in the pro's. But White could've. White would've been a good pro player....if he'd never had the injured knees. If the guy had better knees then he'd win it.

Although I still haven't heard a good argument anywhere as to why White isn't the best college football player. Actually from everywhere I've been hearing arguments for White being the best. And they are convincing.

White will get it. I have that feeling. The votes have already been cast. Get ready for Dama to double his post count tonight one way or another.

Hey if he wins it I'll just be like "Whoo....way to go!" if he loses it.......then the post count is doubled.

Guest Flyboy

If White wins, I'm gonna puke. Give it to Manning or Flitzgerald if you want a TRUE Heisman winner who actually deserves it.

To paraphrase TMQ (now available on NFL.com, for those who didn't know), perhaps the Heisman should be renamed the "Football Factory Quarterback, Running Back, or Receiver Who Got The Most Hype" Trophy.

the "Football Factory Quarterback, Running Back, or Receiver Who Got The Most Hype" Trophy.

Drop receiver from that (only three receivers have ever won in the 68 year history of the award) and that's it in a nutshell

If White wins, I'm gonna puke. Give it to Manning or Flitzgerald if you want a TRUE Heisman winner who actually deserves it.

See it's comments like that that piss me off. How does he not deserve it? How is he not Heisman material? He fought back from the injuries and totally changed his game to have one of the most effective seasons in history. He only had one game where he was bad. The others had several. So how does he not deserve it? Because he's from Oklahoma?

But you know what? He won it! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOMER SOONER! GO JASON! YAY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NOW ADD THE NATIONAL TITLE TO YOUR RESUME KID! GO FOR IT! YES! Ok I've gotten all of my cheering out.

Way to go Jason. Way to stick it up the hater's asses. You deserved it dude.

Although.......they just had to pick the shyest most country bred kid out there. Oh well......he proved to them what a country kid can do.

The others had several bad games?

Let's see here:

Larry Fitzgerald

Worst game: 3 catches, 26 yards, 1TD

Next worst: 5 catches, 72 yards, 2TDs

So his second worst game he still scored two TDs. He got penalized, because he had his worst game in the biggest game of the year. Hmm, that sounds awfully familiar. But he isn't from Oklahoma so that is why I am saying he only had the one bad game.

Chris Perry:

Worst game: 11 carries, 26 yards

Next worst: 24 carries, 87 yds, 1 TD

He did have one worse rushing game, but in that game he only threw in 11 catches for 122 yards and a TD. Not too shabby there for having several bad games. Oooh, I said Perry is good, I must be White-hating.

Eli Manning

Had three games where he threw as many or more INTs as TDs.

vs. Florida 0-1

vs. Arkansas 1-1

vs. LSU 1-1

White had three as well

vs. UCLA 2-2

vs. OSU 0-2

vs. KSU 0-2

If Manning has any semblence of a D (meaning about 1/5 of what White has), that doesn't give up 44 to Memphis and 49 to Texas Tech. They are at one loss, Manning is god, and they are in the title hunt.

Hey I never said the others weren't good. I just said White was better.

And tonight proves it...the voters for the Heisman obviously thought so.

Way to go Jason.

I don't care if people say this award is overrated or if people have a stick up there ass about it........I feel that it is a great honor and I am proud that a fellow Oklahoman can take it home and be recognized on his fight and his wonderful accomplishments this season.

Kudo's Jason......kudo's.

And I knew that people were going to try to diminish it. "Oh he only won b/c those votes came in before the Big XII." Well you know what? Fuck that. White deserved it. And I don't care what you say about it. Hate him and Oklahoma all you want. He deserves it.

You didn't say the others weren't good. You said they had several bad games which is an out and out lie. I am not going to let you get away with crap like that when you have been whining like a girl with a skinned knee for the last two weeks.

I don't mind Jason White winning the trophy. I think all of them were deserving and undeserving, so I don't really care. But to base your arguement in falsehood and to not acknowledge the impact of votes occuring before the worst game of one candidate's season is just stupid.

You didn't say the others weren't good. You said they had several bad games which is an out and out lie. I am not going to let you get away with crap like that when you have been whining like a girl with a skinned knee for the last two weeks.

I don't mind Jason White winning the trophy. I think all of them were deserving and undeserving, so I don't really care. But to base your arguement in falsehood and to not acknowledge the impact of votes occuring before the worst game of one candidate's season is just stupid.

Hey I'm in a great mood...I'm not coming bad.

They had more bad games than White. That's true right there. White had 1 bad game. Count them....1. His team lost 1 game. Count it 1.

He took an Oklahoma team that was very good......but not yet great. And made them great. He was that thing that the OU offense had been looking for to make them great. I think he had the biggest impact on that Oklahoma team and he's what has helped to bring them to the Sugar Bowl to play for the National Title.

And I think that he would've still won even after the Big XII championship. That's if the Heisman voters take the entire season into account as opposed to just 1 game. Yes only 1 game that he failed to perform in. And he still posted over 300 yards passing. Hopefully they set back and said "He had a bad night there and his team got whipped. But jesus christ look at this season. I haven't seen anything like that. What? He had two ACL injuries and was a crappy passer before the injury? And now he's the best passer in college football? Jesus christ......he gets my vote!"

That's what I'd hope they do.

In closing............Jason you deserve it. I'm sure he's not listening to anybody that's decrying his accomplishments or saying that he doesn't deserve it...because well he knows he does. That's all that counts. I'm proud of him. Way to go.

They had more bad games than White. That's true right there. White had 1 bad game. Count them....1. His team lost 1 game. Count it 1.

Good to see you completely ignored where I showed you Perry and Fitzgerald only had 1 bad game....count them 1. Like I said, I don't care that White won. Any of the players winning would be fine with me. But White was not head and shoulders above the field like you seem to think.

Good to see you completely ignored where I showed you Perry and Fitzgerald only had 1 bad game....count them 1. I don't give 1 shit......count it 1 how many games they lost. Heisman =/= MVP. It is for the best player in the country. Like I said, I don't care that White won. Any of the players winning would be fine with me. But White was not head and shoulders above the field like you seem to think.

Ok fine. I was wrong. You were right. I didn't know all the facts I was just going off of heresay. Are you happy?

They are all good. But White was the better of the 4 IMO. And obviously in the voters opinion.

But once again.......I was wrong.......you were right. I bow to your awesomeness.

I will no longer listen to what a sports writer has to say without first seeing for myself. Because they are yellow journalist.......

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh, I'm sorry. Is that your arguement. First label people who don't think White should win Oklahoma-haters and then condescendingly ignore their arguements why White might not/shouldn't (depending on who is giving the view) win the award. Good show.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh, I'm sorry.  Is that your arguement.  First label people who don't think White should win Oklahoma-haters and then condescendingly ignore their arguements why White might not/shouldn't (depending on who is giving the view) win the award.  Good show.

I just told you that I was wrong. What more do you want me to do? Dance around screaming that you're right and I'm an idiot? Ok

*dances around the room*

"I'm wrong and he's right. And I'm a big moron!"

Are you happy?

What more do you want from me on this?

I still think White was better than the other guys and I still think he should've won it which he did. And I still think there are a lot of OU haters that unfairly hate all over OU for no reason. And yes there are haters for every team not just OU. However I'm an OU fan so I only deal with OU haters.

Now what do you want from me?

BTW......my friend said that we should cancel finals on Monday at school and hold a ticker tape parade in honor of Jason White.....I'm all for no finals.

Edited by The Mighty Damaramu