TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter_Griffin

ROH Final Battle 2003

Stop being so pessimistic.

I will stop being so pessimistic about the wrestling industry when TNA is out of business, and talentless hacks like Ted Annis and Trent Acid, currently only employed because of their bloodlines, are out of the business

Trust me, from someone who has followed CZW since its inception in 1999, when they were stacking up Pyramid of Hell's in a shitty venue in Mantua, NJ, Trent deserves to be in CZW. Yeah, he's overrated, but that's because the guy has charisma, a great look, and longevity in the federation.

When Trent came in at what was likely CZW's seventh show, he was a green lightweight. But, but, he was a green lightweight who was still better than 4/5 of CZW's shitty roster at the time. As time has gone by, he's improved immensely, and while I wouldn't pinpoint the 4/5 number with all the great talent CZW's been bringing in, he still DESERVES to be there because of his talent (not only in wrestling, but when it comes to charisma, connection to the Philly crowd, etc.).

Looks like a great card so far. After some experiences dealing with Feinstein and Gabe personally, I care a lot less than a year ago. Hell, I learned today at around noon that my plans for tonight fell through. The event's only forty-five minutes away from me, and I'm in Philly eight times a month, but I still stayed home from it.

- Final Battle sets a new attendance record. Somewhere between 2-3,000.

Holy sh*t...I knew I should've made the f*ckin drive...somebody, punch me for not going (not Dave the Jour, though). It would've been six hours, but still...

I may've missed it and it may've been posted, but did anyone post this:

"CM Punk and Colt Cabana defeated Tomoaki Honma and Kazushi Miyamoto after a Pepsi Plunge. Big Joe said it was a good tag team match." - redishero

I may've missed it and it may've been posted, but did anyone post this:

"CM Punk and Colt Cabana defeated Tomoaki Honma and Kazushi Miyamoto after a Pepsi Plunge. Big Joe said it was a good tag team match." - redishero

Yeah, I posted it.

SCS beat TStorm when Punk hit a Pepsi Plunge on Honma.

Full Results...

Convention Card

- Sumie Sakai defeated Allison Danger

- CM Punk cut a promo on Muta

- Josh Daniels defeated Puma with a Fisherman's Buster.

- Dunn and Marcos and The Christopher St. Connection went to a No Contest when CM Punk interfered. He hit Mase with the Pepsi Plunge.

- Hydro defeated Oman Tortuga, Nick Gage and Slyk Wagner Brown in a Four Corner Survival Match with a Pumphandle Piledriver.

- Special K and The Carnage Crew went to a No Contest.

- Trent Acid defeated Sonjay Dutt with a Yakuza Kick.

- The Briscoe Brothers defeated The SAT with a Doomsday Device to retain the ROH Tag Team Titles. After the tag title match, when Joe and Danielson were in the ring together, Danielson said that he would not shake Joe's hand until they fought each other for the ROH World Title.

Main Show

- Bryan "American Dragon" Danielson beat Jay Briscoe with the Cattle Mutilation

- John Walters beat Xavier. Xavier quits The Prophecy afterwards, and joins Prince Nana...???

- Matt Stryker beat BJ Whitmer with the Stryker Lock to win the Field Of Honor Tournament. Locker room congratulates Stryker afterwards.

- Samoa Joe beat Mark Briscoe to retain the ROH World Title, and get Joe/Danielson a tag title shot at the next show, by choking Mark out.

- BJ Whitmer was revealed as the person that attacked Lucy, and joined the Prophecy.

- Intermission

- Scramble Cage 2 announced for 2 Year Anniversary show. The Prophecy (Daniels/Maff/Whitmer) vs. Second City Saints (Punk/Cabana/Steel) for the 1/10 show.

- Second City Saints beat JStorm when Punk hits The Pepsi Plunge on Honma.

ROH up 1-0 against AJPW

- AJ Styles beat Kaz Hayashi with a Styles Clash.

ROH up 2-0 against AJPW

- Kojima beats Homicide with a Lariat. Low Ki and Monsta Mack return in the corner of Homicide.

ROH 2-1 AJPW

- Final Battle sets new ROH Attendance Record with somewhere in between 2,000 and 3,000 people.

- Muta and Atashi retain the AJPW Tag Team Titles against Daniels/Maff when Muta hits the Green Mist and Shining Wizard on Maff.

ROH and AJPW Draw at 2 wins a piece.

End of show.

just got back from the show, both the convention and the regular show were amazing, the only bad match was Whitmer vs Stryker because it was very slow and dragged out way too long.

Also, the attendance was said to be around 1,500, but I thought it was higher.

Guest TDinDC1112
How long does it take ROH to make their tapes if you preorder them?

It seems like 3 years.

Emax..what bus did you end up being assigned on? I was Bus B.

I was on A, Mike's Bus.

Rob came on our bus and told us the same thing that he told you guys, that the Japanese wrestlers loved it, and they wanted to come back...he also mentioned that they wanted to do a ROH show in ~JAPAN~!

Yup..I hope they wait a little while before the next one though, to make it mean something.

You guys watch anything good on the way? We got stuck with 2 eps of MLW TV, some of the TPI 03, and a decent Mutoh comp on the way back.

I'm glad our streamers worked well.