TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chaosrage

OAO Bitch about Finals Thread

I fucking hate this.

Alright, let's see. I had a final Monday at 3PM, a Calc 2 final at 8PM on Tuesday, a final at 8AM yesterday, and another final at 8PM yesterday.

I tried to pull a double all nighter but for some reason (I dunno, maybe it might have something to do with me getting all of 3 hours sleep Sunday night), I went home and passed out right after Calc2 and I barely woke up in time to take the comprehensive exam that oh, I needed a C in to pass. So I studied for the entire class..... on the way to class.... to take the final.

Who else is going through hell this week?

Finals are next week here

Mon - Diff-Eq II Final Presentation (on bifurication)

Wed - Solar System Astronomy Final (not comprehensive, thankfully)

Fri - Fundamentals of Analysis Final

The only one I'm worried about is Astronomy, I have solid A's in the other two classes (my fourth class is finished already with no final)

Well mine are all from 8-10 in the morning.

Monday: Philosophy

Tuesday: Int. Critical Reading and Writing

Wednesday: British Literature

Friday: Chinese

Ugh........

Guest stardust

I finished up yesterday, thank God. Monday I had my Communicating in Business final which I soundly failed, which also caused me to barely fail the class. Stupid boring professor not motivating me enough to give a shit to actually go to class (yeah, it's my fault, really, oh, well, I'll just retake the internet based course next semester). Tuesday I had my algebra exam, which I needed like a 75 on in order to be able to take stats next semester so I can graduate in May. When I tried to go to bed later that night I kept thinking I'd accidentally skipped one of the problems on the exam where they actually grade our work (it was multiple choice and "free response" where our work was graded), but then I figured that I was getting the final mixed up with one of the practice finals I'd taken earlier that day before the exam (seriously, five straight hours of algebra is not fun). Then I had my COMM exam yesterday morning, for which I was half asleep the entire time. I'm going by today to see what I made, but I think I did okay on it. *crosses fingers* So, yeah, I'm done and today is all about de-stressing. And then next month I start my last semester of college ever.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I finished Tuesday morning.

Nothing will ever beat my 2nd year when I had 3 finals in one day. I felt like killing myself more than once that week.

Monday: Computer Concepts and Java Programming

Wednesday: Algebra

Thursday: English Comp. 1

I got lucky that my two other classes didnt require a final because we did a project instead, so I got off easy this time.

Guest Jimbo

how about the "OAO Bitch about the week before Finals Thread"

We've had a test, research paper, and some shitty lab all due within this week for this damn Chem class...and the next week is the semester exam. Fucking Prick Teacher.

Edited by Jimbo

Guest Fook

Friday (ie. tomorrow): Calc

Saturday (yes, my school has exams on Saturdays): Algebra

Monday: Programming

Wednesday: History

The next few days are going to suck monkey balls.

Guest Ram

Tuesday: 8-12ish, Anatomy/Physiology; Pre-Calculus/Trigonometry

Thursday: 10-12ish, English IV (even though I'll have to write some ten pages, I think it'll still be way easier than former two)

Yay for senior year...

Finals are all this week and next week. I took my spanish listening and chemistry lab finals and soundly kicked their asses and im just waiting to see how well ive done. Ive got the written Spanish final and general chemistry final on Tuesday. The general chem final will suck the cock of all cocks because it just so damn much studying. Thankfully i only need exactly a 109/200 to pass the class

Today was my last final. I had one in Psychology and English. Good times. Couldn't help but light up a few bigs after each test, stressful, ya know?

But now, I don't have class for a month, so go me. Time to live it up Dallas style...which means drive thirty minutes to a friend's apartment, drink beer, and watch random movies.

Stardust, ever heard of the Brickhouse or something up in Denton? It's like a place for poetry and music from people.

Tuesday: 8-12ish, Anatomy/Physiology; Pre-Calculus/Trigonometry

Thursday: 10-12ish, English IV (even though I'll have to write some ten pages, I think it'll still be way easier than former two)

Yay for senior year...

Is this high school? 10 pages on what?

Guest ToddRoyal

Mathematical Computability- This morning, its a small final so it shouldn't be a problem.

Astronomy- Comprehensive, with 25 stellar ID's. Blech. This one is going to SUCK.

History of Mass Comm- Non-Comprehensive, and a class I've done well in all year. Not too worried about this one.

Two of my classes I don't have to take the final this semseter, though I did have to spend all last week and most of this week putting together a portfolio for my writing class. Overall, though this semester isn't TOO bad for finals

Guest stardust
Stardust, ever heard of the Brickhouse or something up in Denton? It's like a place for poetry and music from people.

Heard of it, but I've never been there. From what I hear there's lots of poetry reading and stuff, and it's very smokey inside. I've heard it's a pretty cool place, though. And I think it's somewhere here close to campus. Hell, I think 90% of the bars/cafes in Denton are on Fry Street or within a mile of campus anyway.

Yesterday, I turned in my take-home final and 8-page paper for English 262. We had to write a mini-anthology using 1 quote each from the Romantic, Victorian, Modern, and Postmodern eras. I did my essays on The White Hotel and Mrs. Dalloway. My paper was on gender inversion in Dracula.

My Philosophy final on Death and Personal Identity is Tuesday and then I'm out!

Stardust, ever heard of the Brickhouse or something up in Denton?  It's like a place for poetry and music from people.

Heard of it, but I've never been there. From what I hear there's lots of poetry reading and stuff, and it's very smokey inside. I've heard it's a pretty cool place, though. And I think it's somewhere here close to campus. Hell, I think 90% of the bars/cafes in Denton are on Fry Street or within a mile of campus anyway.

Heh yeah. Everything is pretty much right there. It wasn't exactly smokey when we showed up but we're smokers so it got smokey in a hurry, but they gave out free water, which is a plus.

It's mostly poetry reading inside, but also small musical acts. It's definitely worth checking out.

Guest stardust
Stardust, ever heard of the Brickhouse or something up in Denton?  It's like a place for poetry and music from people.

Heh yeah. Everything is pretty much right there. It wasn't exactly smokey when we showed up but we're smokers so it got smokey in a hurry, but they gave out free water, which is a plus.

It's mostly poetry reading inside, but also small musical acts. It's definitely worth checking out.

I might check it out over the break with some friends who actually happened to stay in town.

This is my week.

Monday: Vector Calculus and Calculus of Several Variables, 8-11 AM

Tuesday: Western Civ from Antiquity to 1660, 8-11 AM

Wednesday: Macroeconomics, 8-11 AM

Thursday: Human Sexuality, 8-11 AM

Thursday: Survey of Western Literature until 1600, 1:30-4:30 PM.

Only my first and last finals I'm worried about, the rest I'm practically guaranteed to keep an A in.

Calc I need a 94% to get an A- and lit I need to get an A+ on the final to get a regular A as opposed to an A-. I wouldn't mind, but Illinois keeps track of the darn minuses and counts them against the GPA.

Jason

If you go on a Thursday coming up, some friends of mine do some imrpov music, pretty good funny shit.

Next Thursday, you'll probably see me, the long haired guy with long chin goatee, in the back smoking. Just giving you a heads up...