TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PsychoDriver

CZW Cage of Death 5 this Saturday in Philly!

Why no thread about this? I remember last year everyone was talking about COD.. this year I don't even see a thread!

CZW's biggest show of the year is this SATURDAY NIGHT! Viking Hall in Philly.

Cage of Death: FIRST-TIME EVER...2 RINGS...2 CAGES...1,000,000 THUMBTACKS

HI-V: Messiah, Trent Acid, Johnny Kashmere, Adam Flash, Nate Hatred, & B-Boy VS.

Team Zandig: Zandig, Wifebeater, Nick Gage, Ian Knoxx, & Lobo

TAG-TEAM LADDER MATCH

Chris Cash & Deranged VS. Azrael & Joker

CZW JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Sonjay Dutt VS. Ruckus

CZW TAG-TEAM #1 CONTENDERS' MATCH

Z-Barr & Nick Berk VS Dirty Rotten Scoundrels VS Rebel's Army

CZW IRON-MAN TITLE MATCH

Jimmy Rave VS Trent Acid

CZW JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE #1 CONTENDERS' MATCH

Jimmy Jacobs VS Sabian VS Derek Frazier

CZW IRON-MAN TITLE #1 CONTENDERS' MATCH

Chris Hero VS Alex Shelley VS Tony Mamaluke Vs B-Boy

My predictions:

The Hi-V

Cash and Deranged

Sonjay Dutt

Berk and Barr

Jimmy Rave

Jimmy Jacobs

Chris Hero

On paper MAYBE one the best CZW cards I've seen... I'll be buying this tape first thing on sunday from www.Smartmarkvideo.com

Anyone else have any thoughts or predictions on CZW: COD5?

Edited by PsychoDriver

Looks eh to me. The 4-way should be a fun 4-way, but outside of that, I see nothing.

Ruckus and Dutt....I guess it could be good, but I doubt it.

Rave vs. Acid should be solid

Tag Team ladder match will either be fun or a disaster.

I have to disagree on it being the best CZW card on paper. The main event is just screaming "letdown" and "clusterfuck" to me.

Jay Doring and I were actually going to trek down there together if the Mondo/Messiah plans had gone through. I'm not a fan of this team thing, and I feel Kashmere should have stayed face at least for a while upon his return.

It's something that I'll probably get on video just for the Iron Man Match and the 4 way alone, but the rest of the card is hit and miss for me. While I love Sonjay, I'm not big on Ruckus. Cash is OK, but I'm not into any of the other three guys. Same thing in the 3 way...I like Jacobs, but not the other two. Don't even get me started on the #1 contender tag match. Berk is the only guy I like in that match.

Hopefully they surprise me, since I love the fed. It just comes off as a pretty "meh" card when it's supposed to be their big show of the year.

CODV screams 'thrown together' to me.

Out of the 7 announced matches, only a few have a story behind them..

The COD match, Rave/Acid and Ruckus/Sonjay. The rest are either thrown together or the angles were just shot last month, not giving a lot of them time to burn slowly.

But the main event is probably going to have to be seen to be believed.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

This is going to be such a giant disaster, solely because of the main event.

Hopefully Rave/Acid deliver something great (I think they can) along with the 4way.

Ladder match should be ok/good- although I haven't seen

too many matches where this combo of Special K guys mesh well against each other (basing this off their JAPW work). Ruckus/Sonjay always is exciting.

What bothers me, is that so many guys who haven't even gotten out of "dark matches" (Joker, Sabian) or have only had one match (DRS) are suddenly on the biggest show of the year. It's just strange.

No Mondo just reeks of Zandig dickishness, and if Justice Pain comes back at this show, I am SO done with CZW.

Guest Jimbo

Bleh, not going to repeat the same thoughts as those before, but does anyone know how the tack count is doing? have they gotten anywhere near a million yet?

Bleh, not going to repeat the same thoughts as those before, but does anyone know how the tack count is doing? have they gotten anywhere near a million yet?

They have about 900,000

Guest macheteofodin

Jeez, what a bunch of negative Nellys. haha

I'm looking forward to getting the DVD when it comes out. I've mentioned many times (not that anyone has noticed, haha) that it doesn't take much to make me happy. I've only been disappointed by one or two CZW shows in the past 2 years, so I doubt I will be by COD 5. With that said, I agree that it looks thrown together, but I like the possibilities from the matches. Coherent storylines were never CZW's strong suit.

The tack count is pretty damn close to a million. Only 100,000 or so left I believe. I donated 20 dollars to "the cause."

Jeez, what a bunch of negative Nellys. haha

I'm looking forward to getting the DVD when it comes out. I've mentioned many times (not that anyone has noticed, haha) that it doesn't take much to make me happy. I've only been disappointed by one or two CZW shows in the past 2 years, so I doubt I will be by COD 5. With that said, I agree that it looks thrown together, but I like the possibilities from the matches. Coherent storylines were never CZW's strong suit.

The tack count is pretty damn close to a million. Only 100,000 or so left I believe. I donated 20 dollars to "the cause."

You sir, rule, because of your sig quote.

But anyway, yeah, I doubt the show is going to disappoint, but it just seems like another arena show except for the main event. And boy, what a main event that'll be.

One of the best on paper CZW cards you've ever seen? Are you on something?

The three-way tag match is not something that's on one of the best on paper CZW cards ever. But there were a lot more shows they've had that had better lineups than this. Uprising was sensational on paper. As was Deja Vu II. And Truth Or Consequences.

The Ruckus/Sonjay match will no doubt be good, but it epitomizes illogical booking. You don't suddenly break up a team when they're just getting over. They just got a huge win over B-Boy & Acid in Italy and have only been teaming for a few months. And suddenly, Zandig rushes to break them up b/c he realizes COD is upon us. If he was smarter, he would've began the breakup a few months ago, b/c all the build the match has going into it is the breakup at NOI, the Fake You! TV promos, and their history.

The four way looks amazing. No doubt that'll be a must see, and the three way looks great too. The main is pretty bad on paper, but it could deliver. Acid/Rave looks pretty good, although - like Ruckus/Sonjay - the ladder match will be good, but it's completely illogical.

Anyway, I posted my fantasy booking of the show in the Fantasty Booking section. It can be read at http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...ST&f=23&t=46695

Guest netslob

waitaminute: if their called Hi-V (as in 5) why do i count 6? fucking garbage fed can't even count their employees properly, you think their gonna count out a million thumbtacks?

waitaminute: if their called Hi-V (as in 5) why do i count 6? fucking garbage fed can't even count their employees properly, you think their gonna count out a million thumbtacks?

The Dew is the manager. Much like how JJ Dillon managed the Four Horsemen.

One of the best on paper CZW cards you've ever seen? Are you on something?

Geeze... Yes I do think it is one of the best I've seen (maybe not THE best but up there)

I know some of it looks a little suspect (3-way tag) and the booking wanders away from normal logic... but really match wise all the ingredients for an awesome show are there. I'm thinking this will turn out to be one of the best CZW shows ever (How's that for blind optimism?)

waitaminute:  if their called Hi-V (as in 5) why do i count 6?  fucking garbage fed can't even count their employees properly, you think their gonna count out a million thumbtacks?

The Dew is the manager. Much like how JJ Dillon managed the Four Horsemen.

The Messiah

Nate Hatred

Johnny Kashmere

Trent Acid

B-Boy

Adam Flash

I still count six. Its seven with The Dew.

But I never took it to mean that Hi-V had 5 members. I always thought it was just a joke on Messiah's thumb problems.

The Messiah

Nate Hatred

Johnny Kashmere

Trent Acid

B-Boy

Adam Flash

But I never took it to mean that Hi-V had 5 members. I always thought it was just a joke on Messiah's thumb problems.

As for the extra member (Adam Flash)

That can be explained as they didn't know if Kashemere was going to return to CZW. So they went ahead and added Flash to fill out the Hi-V for the COD match. But once Kashmere returned they couldn't just all of a sudden dump him for no reason.

and besides I also never thought of the Hi-V meaning "5" members... it's just a name.

The Messiah

Nate Hatred

Johnny Kashmere

Trent Acid

B-Boy

Adam Flash

As for the extra member (Adam Flash)

That can be explained as they didn't know if Kashemere was going to return to CZW. So they went ahead and added Flash to fill out the Hi-V for the COD match. But once Kashmere returned they couldn't just all of a sudden dump him for no reason.

and besides I also never thought of the Hi-V meaning "5" members... it's just a name.

If I had the book, I would've had Kashmere join Team Zandig and during COD V have him turn on him and rejoin HI-V.

CZW's heel turns come too quickly (see also: Necrobutcher @ eXtreme 8)

You'll also likely be amused to learn of the "strong-style" tournament that CZW is promoting to begin at it's next show.

Take that for what it's worth. They could suceed, if they do it right, but I don't like the fact that Rave won't be in it, since he'll be defending his title vs. Shelley. I'm hoping for a six-man pitting Chri$ Ca$h, Deranged, & Sonjay Dutt vs. Azriel, Joker, & Ruckus. It damn sure makes sense, unlike so much of the other stuff CZW has been doing lately.

Maybe my imagination was running wild, but:

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~emaxsaun/CZWPics/C...s/image153.html

I was kind of expecting the 1 million tacks to look more plentiful than that.

Yep, those are richie's pics, but look at the name on the URL ;) , hehe thats my server.

I don't know, I am going to wait until I see WHACKS pictures as well, and see the video tape. It does look like a lot though.

Guest ManKinnd

This show was fine after the interview with HI-V and Zandig. Before that it was painfully bland.

Go to the czwfans board and read what people thought of the show, from the results it sounded awesome from top to bottom and from everyone's reviews it sounds like one of the best CZW shows this year.