TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

Volek Hurt Now!!

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Titans backup quarterback Billy Volek will miss the rest of the season after lacerating his spleen during his first NFL start.

Volek

"It's one of those things that he would miss eight weeks at best," team spokesman Robbie Bohren said Tuesday.

The Titans' backup quarterback was hurt Sunday when he led Tennessee to a 28-26 victory over Buffalo. He threw for 295 yards and two touchdowns and ran for another while substituting for Steve McNair, who has an injured left ankle and strained right calf.

McNair, who was the second quarterback Sunday, is likely to start this week. He had played 43 straight games until missing the Bills' game.

The Titans originally reported Volek had soreness in his ribs. Volek complained of abdominal pain and was admitted to Baptist Hospital that night.

Volek's father, John Volek, said from Rocklin, Calif., that his son is angry he won't get another chance this season.

"He wanted an opportunity to play, and now it's been taken away," John Volek said.

The team's only healthy quarterback right now is rookie Jason Gesser, who has never taken an NFL snap.

Gesser, signed as an undrafted free agent, shared the Pac-10's offensive player of the year award with Heisman Trophy winner Carson Palmer, the No. 1 overall pick in this season's draft.

The Titans could sign Neil O'Donnell, who spent the 1999-2002 seasons with the Titans but was cut at the end of training camp. O'Donnell still has a home in Nashville.

The Titans (10-4) can clinch their fourth playoff berth in five seasons Sunday with a victory over Houston or a loss by either Baltimore, Cincinnati or Miami.

Am I the only one who firmly believes Steve McNair could get in a car accident, lose the back of his head, his left arm, break both legs, break four fingers on his right hand, dislocate his right shoulder and lose his left eye and STILL start?

Gesser has skill, he just is a little inaccurate at times. I still wonder if maybe he wasn't stuck with Leaf backlash.

Lacerated his spleen.

Wimp.

I'm sure McNair is playing with that now as we speak...

Well, that wuss McNair didn't start Sunday, which cost me my keeper league semifinal match (one TD pass woulda won the game for me).

...okay I'm a little bitter about that. He did lead me to the regular season title, but it's just not the same as winning the league title.

I am still in the hunt in my other fantasy league, so hopefully he's back, because I sure as heck don't want to rely on Bledsoe or Brad Johnson next week...

Boy looks like Eve McNair and her Titans are in a bit of trouble...

THat part about the knicks was the only funny part of this post.