TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

Polite Request to the Recappers/Mods...

Hey guys,

I've noticed that the re-caps that are pinned up top here are starting to add up...and it's not a big deal but that decreases the amount of topics we have below by 1 everytime.

I don't feel I'm nitpicking b/c there was something I wanted to respond to which I couldn't find, that had been moved onto page 2, which would have been on Page 1 if there weren't 2 weeks of Smackdown recaps there.

Again, not trying to be an asshole, because I enjoy Dames and JHawk's columns, and agreed with a lot of their opinions. But I don't think those topics should be pinned. They're already available on the main page, and feedback is already listed in the column.

There could be 7-10 pinned reviews up there, and chances are not a lot of feedback b/c the readers have already written you guys via email. That takes away 7-10 threads that otherwise may have been quite popular.

Just an opinion. It seems silly to me to have a "Site Feedback" area, and then pin "Feedback" columns all over the WWE board and take away from the poster's voices.

Again, not trying to be an asshole, because I enjoy Dames and JHawk's columns, and agreed with a lot of their opinions.

Don't kiss ass.

MoleSlayer, I'm not kissing ass.

I don't want them to get the wrong idea of what the point I am trying to get across is.

I'm not bashing their stuff, I just don't think it belongs here. Who's to say a review, with 2 replies of feedback, belongs in "IMPORTANT STUFF" while a 9-page thread on Jericho and Trish doesn't?

Guest NewYorkFox

I don't want them to get the wrong idea of what the point I am trying to get across is.

I'm not bashing their stuff, I just don't think it belongs here.  Who's to say a review, with 2 replies of feedback, belongs in "IMPORTANT STUFF" while a 9-page thread on Jericho and Trish doesn't?

By and large, it's the reviews that get people to this site, not the forum. Therefore the better the recaps (which will be helped by feedback) the more traffic the site gets.

TheDames... that's who... DON'T YOU SEE?!?! DON'T YOU SEE IT?!?!?! IT'S 1984!!!! IT'S BIG BROTHER!! Bit by bit our liberties are being taken away and our freedoms are being limited by this authoritarian regime! Next they will be telling you where to post and how to post and eventually they will be telling your WHAT to post... *realizes that the first 2 things have already happened* NOOOOO! YOU BASTARDS! YOU BASTARDS! YOU DAMN DIRTY MODS! IT WAS EARTH ALL ALONG!

I'm not bashing their stuff, I just don't think it belongs here.  Who's to say a review, with 2 replies of feedback, belongs in "IMPORTANT STUFF" while a 9-page thread on Jericho and Trish doesn't?

By and large, it's the reviews that get people to this site, not the forum. Therefore the better the recaps (which will be helped by feedback) the more traffic the site gets.

Words from a veteran.

It's also remarkable that said re-caps consistentlly complain about the WWE's policy of the "glass ceiling" and "Vince's stupid policies" when the reviews are posted, in essence, above everyone else's thoughts and certain thoughts are not allowed to be expressed.

As Mr. Backlund would say...QUAGMIRING IN A SEA OF HYPOCRISY!

Guest NewYorkFox
***it's the reviews that get people to this site, not the forum. Therefore the better the recaps (which will be helped by feedback) the more traffic the site gets.***

Wow, is your name Jim Ross?

No, I've got this new fangled thing called a brain. You ought to give it a try sometime.

What part of my post don't you agree with?

***it's the reviews that get people to this site, not the forum. Therefore the better the recaps (which will be helped by feedback) the more traffic the site gets.***

No, I've got this new fangled thing called a brain. You ought to give it a try sometime.

Congratulations on your ghey life~!

I think more, or at least the same, amount of people post at the forums then read the reviews.

So I disagree with your whole point.

I occassionally check out the columns, but I post or read the forum more b/c I like my opinion to be out.

Considering the hundreds and hundreds (and in all threads, thousands) of forum posts each week, plus the number of people reading them, I'd think that the forum is more popular than 3-4 columns.

If you believe that other people's thoughts are the reason for enjoyment, and you shouldn't free-think, and have the freedom of voice, contact Hitler, as he may have an opening for you.

Guest NewYorkFox
I think more, or at least the same, amount of people post at the forums then read the reviews.

So I disagree with your whole point.

I occassionally check out the columns, but I post or read the forum more b/c I like my opinion to be out.

Considering the hundreds and hundreds (and in all threads, thousands) of forum posts each week, plus the number of people reading them, I'd think that the forum is more popular than 3-4 columns.

If you believe that other people's thoughts are the reason for enjoyment, and you shouldn't free-think, and have the freedom of voice, contact Hitler, as he may have an opening for you.

Wow. What a great flame. You're right, I'm a facist taking my first steps towards world supremacy on TSM. If you wanna continue this, take it to NHB.

The main draw for this site is the reviews. It's the main way people find the site, as they are posted on numerous other sites. Once here, they might join the forum. On the other hand, people might join the forums here because they saw it on annother site, but they'll probably post less often (due to already posting annother site) and will already have annother source for wrestling re-caps. Obviously, they won't be read as much, but they're the main attraction for someone looking for a wrestling site.

Besides, the owner of this site does recaps, and if he wants to pin them to the board, that's his choice. God forbid we should have to go to the next page.

Guest NewYorkFox

Congratulations on your ghey life~!

Thanks?

The main draw for this site is the reviews. It's the main way people find the site, as they are posted on numerous other sites,blah blah blah...

You're kidding, right?

TSM is EASILY one of the top three message boards, and you're trying to insinuate that people actually are attracted to some REVIEWS? Reviews, which every site seems to have, as though many people who frequent the sites for all the information/rumors don't actually WATCH the shows, and need a damned recap??

Just look at how many members are on here, and how long many people have been hanging in here. Bet you that most of them didn't come to see a damned recap...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I think it's good to post the topics for feedback, because it saves time for lazy people to type up an email and try to brown-nose.

But I'll agree that the recent Raw/SD/whatver should be posted, with 2 or more weeks pinned.

Otherwise, I find it fine, since WWE Folder is usually crap anyway unless theres an (un-named PBP) hunt going everywhere thats entertaining.

You know, unless its some wierd circumstance, I hardly ever read the columns/reviews that cover wrestling events (even the ones for PPVs that I dont get). So I don't know about the talk about how important the columns/reviews are.

As far as them being pinned to the top of the WWE folder, I dont see why thats necessary since the links to them are pinned to the top of each page on the board.

Ok, so something you wanted to read got bumped to the second page?

GO TO THE SECOND PAGE AND LOOK FOR IT!! Are you that lazy?

As far as the "importance" of these recaps and such: if you want to read my stuff and give me feedback, go right ahead. If you don't, no skin off my back. Since it's Dames' site, he has every right to pin threads for feedback, whether it be for his stuff, or another writer's.

It's all a big pot of "who cares" to me.

I only wish to keep the recent stuff pinned. If people are too lazy to go to the second page to find things...then they've got a whole other problem.

Dames

The main draw for this site is the reviews. It's the main way people find the site, as they are posted on numerous other sites,blah blah blah...

You're kidding, right?

TSM is EASILY one of the top three message boards, and you're trying to insinuate that people actually are attracted to some REVIEWS? Reviews, which every site seems to have, as though many people who frequent the sites for all the information/rumors don't actually WATCH the shows, and need a damned recap??

Just look at how many members are on here, and how long many people have been hanging in here. Bet you that most of them didn't come to see a damned recap...

I know this isn't the Hardcore folder, but as a writer for the site (whenever I can do stuff on time), I ask you to kindly eat my asshole. Have you seen the numbers of hits that we get, and the number of views each piece on the site recieves? Look at those numbers, and then compare to the number of active posters on the board. We might be up to 4000+ posters now as far as registration numbers go, but that includes various bannings, people who don't post here anymore, and those who only registered and lurk for whatever reason. When I got feedback from people about my TE III recaps and Raw works, NOT A SINGLE PERSON who wrote to me was a forum user. I know, because I asked all of them who they were on the board, holding the same misconception you do, that being that the only readers of the site are forum users also. Granted, encouraging these people to join the board brought us Yuna, but you take the bad with the good.

To talk in such a disdainful manner towards the reviews is disrespecting the work those writers do each and every week so you don't have to read fucking Scott Keith or some other boring-ass reviewer. TSM has the best crew of writers in the IWC, and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. To call these works simple "damned recaps" is a disservice to the works, their writers, the owner of this site, and it speaks volumes of why the WWE folder and its posters are regarded as a joke.

You are correct though, this is a very good board, and the great people are what have kept me around for as long as I've been here, which is nearing two years.

In regards to the actual topic, I say give each pinned recap thread (which are there for more immediate feedback since you'll get more board response than E-mail, not to get people to read them) absolutely no more than a week atop the WWE folder.

Guest DVD Spree
To talk in such a disdainful manner towards the reviews is disrespecting the work those writers do each and every week so you don't have to read fucking Scott Keith or some other boring-ass reviewer. TSM has the best crew of writers in the IWC, and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. To call these works simple "damned recaps" is a disservice to the works, their writers, the owner of this site, and it speaks volumes of why the WWE folder and its posters are regarded as a joke.

Damn straight. Over in Pop Culture we bring you the BEST in DVD and videogame coverage so you don't have to go and read pathetic rEvIeWz sites like... um... IGN. Well, at least I can swear in my columns. FUCK IGN~!

Damn straight. Over in Pop Culture we bring you the BEST in DVD and videogame coverage so you don't have to go and read pathetic rEvIeWz sites like... um... IGN. Well, at least I can swear in my columns. FUCK IGN~!

Word. Us pop culture peeps don't get a lot of love around these parts, but we BRING THE CONTENT~! just like the wrestling chaps do. I only wish our pop culture writers could write more often, because then we'd have awesome movie, DVD, and video game coverage on a regular basis, and could tell other sites to eat the corn out of our shit.

Guest Douche

I don't really care as there's nothing else of use in the WWE folder anyway. However, I'll say that I like the forums more than the reviews. The only ones I'll read are the ones from Brandon Truitt and Dr. Tom's if it's a movie I want to see. Like it was said above, I don't need to read what somebody else thought of the show and play the HHHating Game. Tom provides insight and Truitt reviews stuff I wanna see but don't wanna buy. Dames reviews stuff I'll either see normally like RAW or don't wanna see or buy in the case of TNA nor would I want to read stupid shit like "Dick el Fuego" while I'm trying to see who the Harris Bros. jobbed out.

Guest DVD Spree
Word. Us pop culture peeps don't get a lot of love around these parts, but we BRING THE CONTENT~! just like the wrestling chaps do. I only wish our pop culture writers could write more often, because then we'd have awesome movie, DVD, and video game coverage on a regular basis, and could tell other sites to eat the corn out of our shit.

The Doc scores 10 Pop Culture points for backing me up, but 100 Limiey Points for using the word "chaps" in a non-cowboy context.

Heh. Jay, I'm a big fan of working little British-isms into what I say and write. Your version of the language is just richer and more amusing than ours, and that's why I do it. No American could write like P.G. Wodehouse, since our English just doesn't support that kind of humor. It's also dashed funny to have people look at me like "WTF???" when I say things like "dashed funny," too.

I've always found people who do that are really just trying to make themselves look either smarter or more cultured then they really are.

Just my opinion.

I say, old bean, it's because I'm such a whore for the bloody language that I like to make mine sound as much like the dog's bollocks as I can. Pip pip!

I've always found people who do that are really just trying to make themselves look either smarter or more cultured then they really are.

You've obviously never been to England...

Also, never say "dashed funny" if you come to britain. You'll get your head kicked in.