TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KTID

The PS 50

If it's based on ring-performance, then HOW IN THE FUCK can RVD, Booker T, Taker, etc... be above Danielson?

It's absurd.

To rationalize all of the Japanese wrestlers?

If it's based on ring-performance, then HOW IN THE FUCK can RVD, Booker T, Taker, etc... be above Danielson?

It's absurd.

I believe in-ring performance rationalizes out to just how well they performed, ex. titles, big wins. etc.

This isn't supposed to be a DVDR list. While being a good worker doesn't hurt you, and will help you, performance in title matches, etc. means the most.

That's what I'm guessing.

In case anyones interested, previous winners have been...

1994 - Shawn Michaels

1995 - Mitsuhara Misawa

1996 - Shawn Michaels

1997 - Bret Hart

1998 - Steve Austin

1999 - Chris Benoit

2000 - HHH

2001 - Steve Austin

2002 - Kurt Angle

I'm pretty sure, from my reading of it, that it's not only how you do in the ring, but how your career progressed that year. One of the reasons AJ Styles is placed so highly isn't so much on his ring abilities, but due to his stellar year (winning the NWA title etc). For this reason, they also explain why wrestlers got dropped from the list this year. For example, Trent Acid had a stellar 2002 (won Best Of The Best, debuted in RoH, TNA etc), but, although being a great wrestler, did little this year in terms of achievements to make himself stand out, which is why he got dropped on favour of new kids on the block like Sabin

This list is bias towards Lucha. I am not talking about Rey Misterio jr and Juventud Guerrera. I am talking about Rey Bucanero and Ultimo Guerrero. Their Stable "Los Guerreros del Inferno" is the best Mexican stable since "Los Gringo Locos." Hell, in my opinion Rey Bucanero is one of the top 3 wrestlers in the world. I like Misterio but this has not been one of his better years. As for Juventud, I do not exactly know what Juventud has done this year to be on this list. It is nice to see that there are token British wrestlers on the list but not LGI. On a final note, Eddie should be higher than Kurt.

Dear RVDMARK420,

We don't need more ridiculous lists like this posted every 3 months by people like you who seemingly cream their pants at attempts to post them. By posting this, I take it you're trying to "show up" mark magazines like PWI. That's very hard. Here, let me try. I'm going to rank 2 wrestlers:

1. Japanese worker

2. A U.S. worker we KNOW sucks, already

This bullshit list, for reasons already noted by the aggrivated posters, should be in the "fantasy" folders because any attempt by you to get us to take the British publication seriously is indeed, a fantasy.

Your delight at the inclusion of independent wrestlers is also a joke, with placing them either 1) too high (Samoa Joe over Jericho? Buwahahaha...Jericho's been the top American RAW draw and wrestler all year...or 2)Silly and low, as the Danielson-lovers indicated. Taker?

The handling of foreign stars is equally as laughable.

So please, end your homosexual remarks like "Shut up, silly!" when people tell you to move your shitty list and go compile a list of other lists that are just as bad as this one.

Thank you.:)

Guest DonWestMark03

Isn't RVDMARK420 a PBP? Just curious. There's been a couple guys with names like that banned recently.

In case anyones interested, previous winners have been...

1994 - Shawn Michaels

1995 - Mitsuhara Misawa

1996 - Shawn Michaels

1997 - Bret Hart

Well, that just killed this magazines credibility.

94. You could make a good case for Beniot, Kawada, Misawa,....etc., not HBK.

95-Misawa had a fantastic year, but Kawada's matches with the same wrestlers are on the same level or only a notch below Misawa's performances. Plus, Kawada had great matches with Akiyama and Albirght, guys Misawa couldn't do dick with.

96-Micheals had a good year, but there's no way you could rank him above Ohtani who had a string of MOTYCs with multiply wrestlers ranging from El Samurai to Lyger. Misawa was All Japan's top worker, and even Taue had better performances than HBK throughout the year.

97-From what I've seen, I'd go with Misawa. Sorry Bret, but nothing you ever did can touch the three televised Kobashi/Misawa matches this year, or possibly even the Misawa/Taue Triple Crown match or the Kawada/Misawa Carnie draw.

Lists like this are always a matter of opinion. If you don't like it, fine. It always seems to be the people who refuse to listen to opinions other than their own who complain about these lists the most. I can udnerstand not agreeing with certain things. Saying the entire list automatically sucks because your favourite wrestler isn't 'high enough' is pretty short sighted.

There's no need to be a whiny little bitch(*ahem* Sledgehammer) to the guy posting because he posted it. If you're that bothered, write to/e-mail the magazine and complain. I'm sure they'll change it on one person's obviously better opinion.

Coffin Surfer- HBK '94 always bothered me too. '96 Michaels probably got the nod because he put on good matches which got him gradually more over and more high profile. Plus I think he got extra marks for pulling decent matches out of less-talented wrestlers like Sid. But, yeah...the list is the most controversial part with the mag. Other than that, it's usually cosher.

Coffin Surfer- HBK '94 always bothered me too. '96 Michaels probably got the nod because he put on good matches which got him gradually more over and more high profile. Plus I think he got extra marks for pulling decent matches out of less-talented wrestlers like Sid. But, yeah...the list is the most controversial part with the mag. Other than that, it's usually cosher.

Ohtani's matches also increased his profile as he pushed Lyger to the limit, and was finally able to defeat Beniot.

Taue got a match out of a declining crack head Steven Williams(who looked totally lost until the end of the match) that was better than Micheals' Mindgames match with a very capable Foley. Truth be told, Taue not only put together a better match, he and Williams actually out bumped or did just as much bumping as HBK and Foley too.

96 HBK get's the nod because the people making the list didn't see enough wrestling out of side of the WWF, or either they choose to ignore it, or they are irrational HBK marks.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Ohtani's matches also increased his profile as he pushed Lyger to the limit, and was finally able to defeat Beniot.

Taue got a match out of a declining crack head Steven Williams(who looked totally lost until the end of the match) that was better than Micheals' Mindgames match with a very capable Foley. Truth be told, Taue not only put together a better match, he and Williams actually out bumped or did just as much bumping as HBK and Foley too.

96 HBK get's the nod because the people making the list didn't see enough wrestling out of side of the WWF, or either they choose to ignore it, or they are irrational HBK marks.

I agree with you as far as Ohtani in 96, but I must say that the another reason for HBK winning it was because he held a "world" title for most of the year. Something that Ohtani didn't do. But that is the only other thing I can come up with.

i'm happy that kobashi was number 1. i have no rational argument for this, as i haven't even seen a single match of his since 1998. but i still like it.

Guest Deviant

Good to see London so high on the list.

Also, Christopher Daniels moved up by ONE WHOLE SPOT! YEAH!!!

There can be arguments made for a number of choices, but no real "Ok, what the fuck were they thinking on that one?" choices like there is with almost any other list. Ok, maybe Orton, but in kayfabe he's come a hell of a long way in a year...

Guest Ray
Lists like this are always a matter of opinion. If you don't like it, fine. It always seems to be the people who refuse to listen to opinions other than their own who complain about these lists the most. I can udnerstand not agreeing with certain things. Saying the entire list automatically sucks because your favourite wrestler isn't 'high enough' is pretty short sighted.

Eh, it's not about "favorite" wrestlers not being high enough. It's about BAD wrestlers being listed higher than GOOD wrestlers in a list supposedly based on in-ring performance.

Someone please name a Booker T or Christian match from 2003 better than Danielson/London 4/12/03.

Wait, there aren't any...

I like the list, so what if some people don't agree with it. You have one guy saying Angle is too high, but if Angle was like 11, there would be double the amount of people saying hes too low. Its just a list, get over it. If you don't have anything nice to say, dont say anything.