TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Ugliest jersey in all of current sports.

You can't get rid of the classic Oilers logo! That represents a lot. The new thing is just a Tennessee Titans ripoff.

Oh and I don't mind the Avs sweaters but those stupid feet need to be removed NOW. Either put the Nordiques logo or the Rockies logo on there, using the burgundy and slate-blue colors.

NBA: Utah Jazz road jerseys, They're ugly but for some reason I think they're cool as hell and the closest thing to a modern day throwback. I'm getting Andrei Kirilenko jersey for Christmas in fact.

Are you talking about the all black ones or the blue/purple ones with the white mountains on them?

Blue and purple with purple mountains. It was created in mid 90's along with a bunch of ugly other jerseys(First Grizzlies and Raptors jerseys. Hawks jerseys from five or six years ago with giant hawk) that if in five years throwbacks are still popular, will be made into throwbacks

Gotcha. The mountain uniform shorts look cool though. I prefer the all alternate black jersey.

Guest Olympic Slam
Aren't the camouflage uniforms just a once-a-year deal?

Anyway, going back to what I said about the shoulder patches for Colorado, pick one of these three:

Avs%20shoulders.JPG

I remember in 1995 that there was serious talk about putting the Nordique logo on the shoulder patch of the "new Denver franchise." For whatever reason, they opted not to and decided to make the Av's logo look very similiar to the Nordique's. I think they did a good job of that as the "A" and the "n" look a little alike with the cascading snow and puck taking the place of Quebec's stick and puck.

As for removing the foot logo? I agree completely. Although I don't think there should be any shoulder patches on the Av's home and away sweaters, the things are too busy as it is. Same goes for the Mighty Ducks, I liked those things a lot more before they put that circular duck patch on there.

Guest Olympic Slam

What's everyone's take on the Coyote's new look? I like the uniform's new design (nice and simple is the way to go) but the logo and color scheme (ugh more red) are tragically ho-hum. I guess SOMEONE in the pacific division should wear red.

NHL-YTHWHITE-014.jpg

NHL-AUTHTEAM-014.jpg

And for reference, the old look...........

nhl-authjer-087.jpg

NHL-CCMREPJER-023.jpg

NHL-CCMREPJER-072.jpg I might pick this up as its only 20 bucks. You see, I play roller hockey so I'm used to seeing retarded looking uniforms. This one by comparison almost looks conventional.

The old uniforms are a lesson in bad fasion. The Coyote home and roads look like pajamas and the alternate uni has the right colors and logo size, but fails because of that Looney Tunes backdrop on the bottom. I actually liked the old Coyote logo. Its clever and looks good. I'd be happy with the old logo on the new jerseys. That spooky red eye from the old logo would look pretty nice on the new white/red sweater.

Guest Choken One

Why do these threads ALWAYS ALWAYS become nothing but Hockey Jersey loaded?

What does that tell you?

A) Too Many Damn Canucks

B). Hockey has too many ugly unis.

Nothing touches the Buffalo Bills new Uni's or the Oregon Ducks...

Just for shits n Giggles...

NASCAR fans...

Worse Paint Scheme? (Not counting the special schemes, I mean the normal schemes)...

I can't stand the M&M Scheme on the 38 or Jarrett's Brown with Yellow...thankfully they went back to the simple All White.

But In Nascar...BLUE is AKIN to Red in Hockey...

TOO MANY TEAMS HAVE IT!

Notice in Nascar, the cars that stand out tend to be different...

Earnhardt- All Black.

Stewart-All Orange.

Gordon-The Rainbow or the Flames.

Labonte-All Green with Jagged Edges

even the #8 doesn't stand out...Budweiser needs to rectify that...and Kevin Harvick's team need to make their damn minds up about what scheme they want...All White with Black sides or all Silver and Red...or just paint the rest of the car Black...Like we can't tell Childress is ITCHING to do it.

Guest KJ Brackish

I sure didn't like the old "Olympic" Jazz jerseys'. This was the 2002 era Black N' Copper jerseys. I saw them and vomited on the inside. I sure am glad that Malone left! He was holding the Jazz down. We're doing much better w/o him! w00t w00t!

DFA

Guest Olympic Slam
Why do these threads ALWAYS ALWAYS become nothing but Hockey Jersey loaded?

Because hockey jerseys have the most detail and therefore the most amount of stuff to praise or hate.

I am surprised that no one has brought this beast up. Pictures cannot do it justice. They look 5 times worse when they are playing in them.

33090-140x140.jpg

I must be the only person in the world that likes these jerseys. I just like colors that jump out at me, the blue and white stuff just seems kind of blah. They could stand to do away with the grey on the sides though.

I think they should've stayed in Manitoba and used this thing I designed:

winnipeg_new.JPG

I have to disagree, as the uniforms that the Jets wore for their last few years in Winnipeg (with the re-designed logo) was one of my favourites.

As for the Coyotes new sweaters, I prefer them over their old horrible things, and I actually don't mind the red but for some reason, I don't like the font that the players names are written in. I know it sounds kind of stupid, but something about it just bugs me.

Other horrible NHL jerseys I don't think I've seen mentioned are the Wild's new home darks. I'm not sure if they're alternates, but I don't think I've seen them wear their old ones this year. The new ones look like some kid at some crayons, threw them all up and they called it a jersey. The Flyers' orange alternates are nicer than the Islanders' orange ones, but there's still too much orange for my liking. The Bruins' alternates have been mentioned (and as well they should have, since they're ugly and just about everyone knows it, yet they still wear them all the time), but I'm not a big fan of their normal uniforms, either. I think it may be that the yellow shoulder stripe it too big, but the sweaters they wore in the 70s (the yellow is smaller and there are no Paddington Bear shoulder patches) are SO much better that they should just go back to them. Also, I wouldn't call them the ugliest (they're not even that bad), but the Senators' home sweaters pale in comparison to their black alternates, or even the old black sweaters they used to wear with their 'normal' logo (and not that 3D one they use on their home and alternate ones now).

There are so many ugly uniforms in the NHL, I have to wonder who thinks that these things will sell with the fans, which is the main reason why all these stupid things pop up. I can count the number of alternate jerseys in the NHL I like on one hand.

Good alternates:

Toronto, classic logo

Montreal, white with the stripe

New York, Statue of Liberty

Columbus, Ohio state flag all crazy-like

Chicago, black

Well there's one hand's worth of tolerable thirds.

I like the Rangers white third jersey (fourth jersey?) that they had a few years ago. They need to bring that back.

I think the Flyers alternative looks horible. The black ones like nice, but I think they really need to go back to the old oranges.

Oregon's yellow football jerseys are far worse than anything else.

Guest Anglesault

I realize it's onl batting practice, but there's no reason to send people out in public with this.

jsp03_nym_bpjersey215.jpg

As a man who can pull off orange, I will admit that I'm in the minority, and that's Fugly

I realize it's onl batting practice, but there's no reason to send people out in public with this.

As a man who can pull off orange, I will admit that I'm in the minority, and that's Fugly

The O's had orange tops for practice for a while last season and I hated them (and Orange is the O's main color)

I dont like the Phoenix Suns jerseys because of the PHX on the front. That just irks me somewhat. The color scheme is nice though.

The Dolphins orange jerseys were horrible too.

Guest Anglesault

The O's had orange tops for practice for a while last season and I hated them (and Orange is the O's main color)

Orange practice tops=Bad Seasons!

Guest Olympic Slam
I think the Flyers alternative looks horible. The black ones like nice, but I think they really need to go back to the old oranges.

Agreed, the Black unis are ok, but the Flyers are the Orange team of the NHL. Especially now with dark jerseys at home now, the Flyers have to go back to their orange roads.