TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Longest boss battles

Besides the whole "boss changes into a million different forms" type of boss the boss that has most recently taken me the longest period of time has been the boss of clock tower 3. About 23 minutes of ducking shooting and running like crazy. And every time I got him on his last sliver of energy he would trap me and do that groping energy sucking move, which would add another three minutes to the battle.

How about the multi-tiered levels of Ganon & Ganondorf in The Ocarina of Time?

You had to kill him with light arrows, then escape from his castle, and then destroy his true beast form.

That stupid Omega Weapon in FF8. It wasn't hard if you used Holy Wars, but it still took me 45 minutes to poke it to death with Comet 2. Eden would have taken even longer, stupid two and a half minute long animation. And your reward: Certificate of Omega~! Woot!

The boss in Sengoku 3, yeah, was the hardest I've ever seen but also the longest on top of that. It's not just that it took a long time cause he was hard, because I eventually said fuck it and used an infinite energy code (it was a neo geo emu I was playing this on), and it still took forever, and there were two people playing. It was fucked up.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
The hidden boss in Mario RPG took forever to kill in a fight.

I never beat that one period. Took me a good amount of time to beat Smithy in MArio RPG. At least 20-25 minutes. This was back when the game first came out, so I was a lot worse at games.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I never beat that one period. Took me a good amount of time to beat Smithy in MArio RPG. At least 20-25 minutes. This was back when the game first came out, so I was a lot worse at games.

Rock candy was your friend, I played the game about a year ago and absolutely trashed him b/c I had a ton of it.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Rock candy was your friend, I played the game about a year ago and absolutely trashed him b/c I had a ton of it.

The Hidden Boss in the Monster Town place or Smithy?

Guest Salacious Crumb

The Hidden Boss in the Monster Town place or Smithy?

The guy in monster town.

The last boss of FF IV: Zeromus.

Took me and my cousin FOREVER to defeat.

Guest wildpegasus

There was a boss in Final Fantasy VIII that took about 5 or 6 hrs to beat because I didn't have the right item with me.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
You're talking about Culex in Mario RPG.

Do you get anything good if you beat him or is it a waste of tim?

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Skies of Arcadia Legends : Black Pirate Vigoro was extremely hard to fight and it was the longest battle I've ever been in with any game. Took 6 Prophecies to finish him off, which involved defending and trying to get more energy while the most important character in each turn was being 5/8-dead if they previously had full HP.

Guest Skironox

Indalecio limiter off from Star Ocean 2 took about 4 hours for me to figure out.

About every 30 seconds you'd have to cure your party, every 15 seconds in between he'd cast a spell which took a minute to animate.

The rest of those seconds you'd have to chase him around the screen, of course he was a zillion times faster than you, and he had a gajillion hit points. What fun.

Indalecio limiter off from Star Ocean 2 took about 4 hours for me to figure out.

About every 30 seconds you'd have to cure your party, every 15 seconds in between he'd cast a spell which took a minute to animate.

The rest of those seconds you'd have to chase him around the screen, of course he was a zillion times faster than you, and he had a gajillion hit points. What fun.

*shudders from memories of that battle*

Heheh, I discovered that when I fought him originally myself.

Also to clear up a common rumor, Culex has not been in any Final Fantasy game. It's likely that he was a planned boss that didn't make it into FFIV, but that's it.

Back on topic--Zophar in Lunar 2 comes to mind. First you fight him in a straight up slugout, then you fight a second form where you basically wait for Lucia to finish her monologue, then you're restored to full power and fight that form again, then you fight him one more time in a battle that you pretty much can't lose. Not terribly hard if you have MP restoring items (if not, you're screwed), but looong.

Guest Doomsault

The white spider/tiger from the PS2 Shinobi game took like 15-20. Jump, jump, dash, slice. Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.Jump, jump, dash, slice.

I remember the first time I rented Super Mario RPG and it took me forever to defeat the pogo stick guy in the castle when you came back to the Mushroom Kingdom after catching the thief. He took me a long time too.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I remember the first time I rented Super Mario RPG and it took me forever to defeat the pogo stick guy in the castle when you came back to the Mushroom Kingdom after catching the thief. He took me a long time too.

I found him really easy even the first time.

But Crocco (I think thats the thief) always gave me trouble, especially in the Moleville town in the caves.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I don't think I even died in the game till I got to the Axem Rangers.

I don't think I even died in the game till I got to the Axem Rangers.

Those 5 were F'N BASTARDS~!

I mean, geezus, I think I spent a week on trying to kill those 5 guys. Just because I made a couple of ill saves in the area and hence was stuck trying to figure out how I could defeat those 5 at that save.

Ruby Weapon in FF7. Took me about 1:48 to beat him (I timed it), because my two teammates were dead and I had to keep pecking away at him with Cloud's double slash & Comet attacks.

I almost broke my controller in rage trying to beat the Axem Rangers, but that wasn't my longest fight, though.

Goddamn Emerald Weapon... I lost 3 hours of gameplay because of that fucker.

:angry: