TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

Great idea for Y2J at Rumble

Have the Rumble come down to the final 4, who have a standoff....say, Jericho, Benoit, Angle, and Kane...

Have Christian (who was tossed by Jericho earlier) slide back in and crack Jericho in the back with a chair while the other 2 work on Kane.

Trish runs down, finally seeing that Christian was the true asshole all along and attempts to save Jericho, but Christian knocks her off the apron to the floor.

Christian has Trish staggered on the floor, and is about to crack her in the head with a chairshot. Jericho sees this, and also sees the 3 last guys all teetering on the rop rope, as they try to eliminate Kane...What does he do?

He jumps over the top rope and saves Trish! Sacrificing his WM Main Event to save the girl he loves, and kick Christian's ass.

That's actually pretty good, if somewhat cheesy. Although I think Trish would need to be coming round to Jericho a bit before the Rumble to make her running out to save him a little more plausible.

Edit: maybe when he sees Trish getting decked by Christian he's up on the turnbuckle, looking to missile dropkick the others? So rather than wasting time getting down back into the ring and through the ropes, he just goes straight off at Christian. Make more sense?

If you are going to go that route, at least have Christian grab a mic and make Jericho eliminate himself. This gives a plausible reason that he wouldn't just go through the ropes.

And I thought the "can't eliminate yourself" rule was one of those where they just bring it up when they feel like it.

I would also have Christian drag her out, after being eliminated, as opposed to her running out. This way this one grand act wins her over, instead of her gradually coming around and get to this point. This will show how mad she was, since she never warmed back up until seeing him sacrifice everything. And it will also work better for Jericho, since he will have given up everything just for the chance to win Trish over. Instead of he already warmed her back over and he is just protecting her.

I really like that idea. I'm hoping that HBK wins the title at the rumble because my dream mainevent for Mania would be a final rematch between HBK and Jericho, but theres no way thats going to happen.

Guest Ghettoman

It would be better to have him do it on instinct rather than thought, because I doubt rolling out isn't something he could easily think of. Just have him get to his feet and see it and go right over the top to get her. Have the announcers build it and the three other guys play on it.

Is a good thought though.

Guest Mulatto Heat
Aren't the rules of the Rumble, you can't eliminate yourself only someone else can eliminate you?

I think so. See Randy Savage at RR '92.

Nah, I think Savage just f'ed up that year.

Guest drdrainoscott
Aren't the rules of the Rumble, you can't eliminate yourself only someone else can eliminate you?

I believe the official Royal Rumble rulebook states "One cannot eliminate oneself in the battle royal unless for storyline purposes" I believe the ruling on being eliminated by those that have already been eliminated has similar wording.

Guest Anglesault

Jericho would instinctively go under the ropes or through them.

Just watch any time he runs away from someone in the ring or whatever. He never hops over.

It's be more "realistic" for Trish to get put into the Rumble by Eric, and to have Jericho getting eliminated by someone while trying to save her.

Have the Rumble come down to the final 4, who have a standoff....say, Jericho, Benoit, Angle, and Kane...

Have Christian (who was tossed by Jericho earlier) slide back in and crack Jericho in the back with a chair while the other 2 work on Kane.

Trish runs down, finally seeing that Christian was the true asshole all along and attempts to save Jericho, but Christian knocks her off the apron to the floor.

Christian has Trish staggered on the floor, and is about to crack her in the head with a chairshot. Jericho sees this, and also sees the 3 last guys all teetering on the rop rope, as they try to eliminate Kane...What does he do?

He jumps over the top rope and saves Trish! Sacrificing his WM Main Event to save the girl he loves, and kick Christian's ass.

That would only work if you also slit JR's vocal chords, as you know that he would make said action sound less like a selfless act of goodness and more like Jericho being a retard or Jericho going to extreme legnths to bullshit Trish with JR even going as far as saying that CJ and Xian were acting in cahoots...

Could always have both Dudleys in the ring and Jericho asking them to do the "Spike launch" with him at Christian.

Be cooler to see him flying threw the air at her, and I'd think it'd have more impact that he was crazy enough to put his body on the line for her.

Plus you avoid that pesky "rule" since he'd have been eliminated.

Guest Anglesault
Could always have both Dudleys in the ring and Jericho asking them to do the "Spike launch" with him at Christian.

The what?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Agreed that Savage got carried away in 92, as I think its noticable that Monsoon & Heenan are wondering what the hell happend.

But another rule was "You must be propelled (tossed) over the ropes by someone else" which rules out the Cross body misses causing the person to land out of the ring (Jannetty in 90, Boss Man in 92) and Drew Carey in 2001.

The what?

See: La Resistance v. Dudleyz, RAW 9/03 (double La Rez powerbomb to Spike over the top where Spike's career is nearly cut short)

I believe the official Royal Rumble rulebook states "One cannot eliminate oneself in the battle royal unless for storyline purposes" I believe the ruling on being eliminated by those that have already been eliminated has similar wording.

I thought that it was "one cannot eliminate oneself in the Royal Rumble unless it is an odd numbered year"?

The what?

The Dudleys press slam Spike up in the air and toss him at the opponents on the outside.

The Spike Launch.

Ignoring the fact that Jericho as a face is the most boring thing ever and you'd have to be insane to want something like that, this is actually a good idea.

The what?

See: La Resistance v. Dudleyz, RAW 9/03 (double La Rez powerbomb to Spike over the top where Spike's career is nearly cut short)

No, I call that the "Spike go splat"

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Ignoring the fact that Jericho as a face is the most boring thing ever and you'd have to be insane to want something like that, this is actually a good idea.

Yeah, more heel Jericho matches with the same people isn't boring.

Jericho playing face v. Rico was like a breath of fresh air and made Rico look pretty damn good.

I never said I wanted more matches with the same people. I realise he needs fresh opponents, but he shouldn't be turned face (something he really sucks as) just because of the writing teams ineptitude to build new characters.

Guest Anglesault

The what?

The Dudleys press slam Spike up in the air and toss him at the opponents on the outside.

The Spike Launch.

Yeah that would work.

Christian walks out and threatens Trish, so Y2J walks over to Bubba, asks him to drop everything he's doing, then he walks over to D-Von, has him drop everything, Bubba and D-Von come together to see if they want to do it, they both ask Chris Jericho if he's sure, lift him up and pose him like that for the crowd and launch him.

Real sense of urgency

Oh come on, you know Christian would look at her with a fist and threaten to punch her for about 50 seconds while she struggles and cries.

I mean, when HASN'T that happened when a female is about to get crushed on RAW or Smackdown?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Jericho just does an Undertaker like dive over the top rope onto Christian. Voila! Doesn't need 2 minutes of back and forth talking allowing Christian time to probably rape Trish and smoke a cigarette before Jericho does anything.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Oh come on, you know Christian would look at her with a fist and threaten to punch her for about 50 seconds while she struggles and cries.

I mean, when HASN'T that happened when a female is about to get crushed on RAW or Smackdown?

Stephanie smacking her mother.

3MW attack on lesbians.

Kane attack on Tori in 2000

Guest Anglesault

I like the idea of him choking her the whole time, with Jericho going though this long nonsense with the Dudleyz and Trish turns blue.