TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank_Nabbit

20 worst ref calls

Everytime I see this thread I weep over that fucking No Goal.

People of Buffalo have many of these moments to be pissed about...but to me that was by far the worst.

The kick we missed...

The throwback we allowed...

But that shit was done to us...HARD.

Not really.

You'll hear a random "#11 is a cursed number" crack now that Bledsoe had a shitty year (last 3 people to wear that #: Bledsoe, ROB JOHNSON and Norwood)

but overall nothing. Getting blown out in the Super Bowl the next three years kind of numbed the missed kick.

Sounds coincidental.

I kinda feel sorry for you Buffalo fans, though, for getting blown out by the Cowboys in back-to-back Super Bowls. Was painful to watch, seeing as how I despise the Cowboys.

I was hoping they'd at least take two of those Super Bowls (the ones against the Cowboys imparticular, for obvious reasons)

The first one is the only one that they should have won.

I blame Kelly more than the Noorwood.

Kelly, who called all the plays, called only 15 rushes for Thurman Thomas...who was averaging NINE YARDS A CARRY.

That's a great point. I'm a Giant fan and was frustrated that night because we couldn't stop Thurman if our lives depended on it, but thankfully Kelly wanted to win in himself.

Jeez, they botched an easy game winning FG. They were meant to lose.

This coming from a guy with a San Francisco Giants avatar yeah that team who had the 2002 World Series all rapped up before they forgot to play the rest of Game 6!!!

Thanks.

No need for you to bring up something completely irrelevant to what he was talking about.

Besides, he's right. If you botch a game-winning FG like that, you deserve to lose.

On top of that, the Giants didn't even deserve to win that game anyways, given the fact that they blew a 24-point-lead. Any time you do shit like that, you deserve the loss.

Giants fan here, totally agreeing.

Jeez, they botched an easy game winning FG. They were meant to lose.

This coming from a guy with a San Francisco Giants avatar yeah that team who had the 2002 World Series all rapped up before they forgot to play the rest of Game 6!!!

Thanks.

No need for you to bring up something completely irrelevant to what he was talking about.

Besides, he's right. If you botch a game-winning FG like that, you deserve to lose.

On top of that, the Giants didn't even deserve to win that game anyways, given the fact that they blew a 24-point-lead. Any time you do shit like that, you deserve the loss.

Giants fan here, totally agreeing.

Giant fan here, disagree.......Did they blow a huge lead, yes..........did they botch the potential game winning FG? Yes. Does that automatically erase the pass interference and the fact the referees fucked up, absolutely not. Whatever the Giants did to blow the lead will not take the fact away that they were screwed at the end....That's the bottom line

The fans decide: England vs. West Germany July 1966

It was 2–2 and overtime in the World Cup finals when officials handed England the trophy on a silver platter. English striker Geoff Hurst launched a shot that hit the underside of the crossbar and bounced straight down to the goal line and back into play. A massive worldwide TV audience saw the ball fail to cross the goal line, but the English team—and the crazed British fans packed into London’s Wembley stadium—persuaded petrified linesman Tofik Bakhramov that it was close enough. The demoralized Germans later allowed another goal by Hurst, and the Limeys sewed up their only World Cup championship 4–2.

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE!!!!!!

You know it was.