TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin MacPhisto

Sean Hannity

Just checking: no one actually thinks he's a reasonable human being, right?

That's all. If you do, I'm interested to hear why, because I've never seen or heard him do much anything but blather, shout, and be the dopiest, most simple-minded political commentator to come down the pike in ages, from either side of the political spectrum.

Oddly enough, when I was in Cincy and heard his show, I liked it better than his effort on his cable news show that's on everybody's favorite network in the year 2004.

He's not on my top tier of talk-show hosts I like, but he can be entertaining at times. (I think Colmes gets the better of him more times than not -- wish Alan was on in the Pittsburgh area. If he is someone PM me.)

Here's what I think REALLY makes Sean weird -- he said on his show that he married his wife six months after meeting her.

Six !@#$% months?!?! -- were you that desparate for poon?...

I'm not a fan of Hannity's the right can do know wrong attitude he has on the TV show. Even Rush Limbaugh is more critical of Republicans than Hannity is.

As for Colmes. I have no problem with the guy. Don't agree with him politically. He does however argue his point in a senseable matter and does take alot of crap for being on Fox News.

A point in Hannity's favour is that he doesn't spout off ridiculous drivel at the level of say, Anne Coulter or Michael Savage. The big knock against him, as others have pointed out, is that he is a slavering fanboy to the RNC machine, as plainly evidenced by his tirade against Tom McClintock for not bowing out to Ahnuld, despite the fact that McClintock's philosophy is much closer to what Hannity offers on his show than Schwarznegger's is.

He's a horrible debator for one thing. If he's losing a debate, he'll use some cheap angle like 'You really hate America, don't you Senator?' to make himself look like the winner. He's a pompous, smug son of a bitch who deserves to be stuck hosting the Graveyard shift on some public radio station on an oil rig somewhere.

Just checking: no one actually thinks he's a reasonable human being, right?

That's all. If you do, I'm interested to hear why, because I've never seen or heard him do much anything but blather, shout, and be the dopiest, most simple-minded political commentator to come down the pike in ages, from either side of the political spectrum.

I don't like Hannity at all and think that he uses very cheap tactics while debating, but I do think he's a smart guy. I think that Colmes is definitely outmatched on their show, which I'm thinking was a plan all along. Fox can say that they're fair and balanced because they have both sides, but to me they have a very smart, very conservative person in Hannity and a less intelligent, more moderate liberal person in Colmes.

I don't like Hannity at all and think that he uses very cheap tactics while debating, but I do think he's a smart guy. I think that Colmes is definitely outmatched on their show, which I'm thinking was a plan all along. Fox can say that they're fair and balanced because they have both sides, but to me they have a very smart, very conservative person in Hannity and a less intelligent, more moderate liberal person in Colmes.

I swear I must be watching a different show -- I think more times than not Colmes gets the upper hand of many of those arguments. Problem is he's a liberal and many people watching the show will consider Hannity the winner no matter what...

I love Hannity BECAUSE he's so far to the right. I really get a kick out of listening to him on FN and on the radio.

I used to enjoy Michael Savage a long time ago for much the same reason, he was a good laugh.

But then the rightwing started making themselves a force in the government again, and suddently foolish people started actually taking Savage as having a shred of credibility, and then all the funny stuff about Chineese running the US government disappeared. :(

I swear I must be watching a different show -- I think more times than not Colmes gets the upper hand of many of those arguments. Problem is he's a liberal and many people watching the show will consider Hannity the winner no matter what...

Maybe it's just that different people have different opinions, but I watch and feel like there is always more for Colmes to say. He seems to get cut off a lot to me, or just agree. I think a lot of my problems stem from the feeling that it would be better to have someone who is far to the left on with a person who is so far to the right.

Maybe it's just that different people have different opinions, but I watch and feel like there is always more for Colmes to say. He seems to get cut off a lot to me, or just agree.

I agree with that. I love watching the conservative guests whine about getting cut-off, right before, of course, cutting off the very person they were complaining about. I think Alan has just learned to not fret over this and just sit back and collect the paycheck.

The only times I've seen him agree is when his side is so wrong on an issue it's not worth defending.

Here's why I like Alan: A while back they were talking about some kid seen on videotape beating up another kid on a school bus and Hannity made some remark to Alan about if Colmes would let his kid defend himself if put in that situation. Alan sarcastically quipped back "I'd make sure he has the best lawyer money can buy" (paraphrasing). Funny.

I think a lot of my problems stem from the feeling that it would be better to have someone who is far to the left on with a person who is so far to the right.

Man, would that be a train wreck -- you wouldn't even NEED guests; not like you need them now. My favorite segments are when they are by themselves arguing...

I was watching the show the other night, and that little girl who had her arm bit off by a shark was on there (her name escaspes me at the moment). Anyway, it was funny as hell. Hannity was going on and on saying how brave she was, how awesome it was that when she was attacked she didn't cry at all, didn't scream out, and how she swam all the way back to the shore all by herself.

When he was finished, the girl finally spoke up and asked what he was talking about, and that it wasn't true at all. She went on to say that she did cry, and that she in no way was able to swim back herself, and how someone had to basicly bring her to the shore by just pulling her.

After she was finished, he totally no-sold it...it was great, and I LIKE Sean Hannity. :D

The problem with Colmes isn't that he's not given enough time, though I think he definitely doesn't get a fair share. The problem is he isn't wisely using what he has. The Democrats have moved on to taking the fight to Bush, and Colmes seems to think we're still in the post-9/11 moments where nobody would dare speak out against the President because it seemed unpatriotic.

The President is the failing on the left side of that show, but Fox's whole bias went from hardly noticable to full-tilt when GW went for election. Moreso than than any other Republican prior to 2000, they seem to love Dubya with the passion of a thousand suns.