TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Recent Purchases

Just bought "Hollywood Potato Chip" by the Vandals and, since it was only £3, "Nu-Clear Sounds" by Ash.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Frank Zappa-Waka/Jawaka adding to the expanding collection..

and a re-buy: Mr. Bungle-Mr. Bungle. One of my very favorite cds ever that needed replaced immediately after misfortune occurred to my original copy.

Guest BeefMan5000

Vintersorg - Cosmic Genesis

Bathory - Twilight of the Gods

Borknagar - Borknagar

Cradle of Filth - The Principle of Evil Made Flesh

Ulver - Bergtatt

Ulver - Kveldssanger

Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses

WWF WrestleMania- The Album

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

g26211xinzr.jpgd5349535428.jpg

Two of Iggy's grittiest recordings. Poorly recorded, but ear splintering. Violent, vicious. Especially the Detroit Studio Outtakes. The concert is much more palpable. Bowie's keyboards are an interested addition to the old Stooges classics.

c952325bgtu.jpgf61999arnrp.jpgg28558t7dwi.jpg d95264o1973.jpg

Plus:

"Racecar Is Racecar Backwards" by Reuben

"Hold On To Your Loved Ones" by Wheatus

"How Soon Is Now: A Tribute To The Smiths", which features Hundred Reasons, Cursive, Garrison, thisGirl and Walter from Rival Schools, amongst others.

Been on a spending binge recently- the advantage of having a well-paying job near to a very cheap CD shop

Guest macheteofodin

Sam Black Church - For We Are Many... The Best of Sam Black Church

Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

The Who - 20th Century Masters

Toadies - Rubberneckin

Phish - Undermind

Live - Throwing Copper

New Radicals - Maybe Youve Been Brainwashed Too

On the one weekend, huge sale:

The Beatles - Revolver

Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde

Frank Sinatra - In The Wee Small Hours

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground And Nico

Guest Anticrombie

f64731ko4a3.jpg

c62482a0mt1.jpg

f94926uz4zk.jpg

g18878a1lsg.jpg

I'm thinking of buying Janes' live debut album and/or Kettle Whistle, but I'm not sold on the idea as I'm not sure if either one is worth it based on reviews.

Waddaya think of the new Local H, Maximo? I quite like it, especially "Halcyom Days" and "California Songs."

I really like it, especially as I only picked it up on impulse, with "California Songs" and "Everyone Lives" being my personal highlights.

Guest The Notorious CRD

Lenny Kravitz - Baptism

Velvet Revolver - Contraband

Nick Cave - From Her To Eternity - About as OK as everyone says it is

David Bowie - Low - Not the best album of the 70s.

The Wedding Present - George Best - Quite good, but obviously no Seamonsters

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures - Easily the best pickup, least of all because it was £3.

"The Union Of Souls" by 3 Colours Red

"Black Love" by the Afghan Whigs

"Plastic Fang" by the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

"More Than You Think You Are" by Matchbox Twenty

All pretty good, with the 3CR album being the standout, but I REALLY need to cut down on the CD's I'm buying at the moment, although three of these albums only cost £5 each.

"Black Love" by the Afghan Whigs

REALLY FUCKING GREAT ALBUM ALERT

Was just listening to this again this afternoon. The opening salvo of tracks is incredible, and "Faded" is the best closing track they've ever done. Which is saying a lot. I'm on a big Whigs kick of late, this album especially.

Guest Anticrombie

That's cool I'm picking up Iron Maiden, Killers, and Number Of The Beast today.

The Beta Band - From Heroes to Zeros

The Beta Band - The Beta Band

The Von Bondies - Pawnshoppe Heart

The Killers - Hot Fuss

Eagles of Death Metal - Peace, Love, Death Metal

From Hereos to Zeros is a decent outing for the Beta Band, but it seems that the band is relying too much on formula for the album, aping from their previous albums, namely The Three EPs. But, all in all, From Heroes to Zeros is without a shadow of a doubt their best album since The Three EPs.

I bought the S/T Beta Band just so I could have their entire back catalogue (my CD collection was stolen a few months back...someone broke into my car the one night I left my CD books in there, made off with my stereo, my change tray, and 250 CDs.)

Pawnshoppe Heart is much better than it has any right to be. After showing up late to the garage-rock mainstream and following a public brawl with Jack White, The Von Bondies made a very solid CD.

Hot Fuss by The Killers is dance-rock. As pleased as I am that the synthesizer has made it's way back into mainstream music, this CD was a bit of a letdown, as the songs came off sounding too poppy for my liking.

Run out to the store and buy Peace, Love, Death Metal as soon as you get the chance. Josh Homme's side project (yeah, another side project)'s debut CD plays awesome tongue-in-cheek music, featuring such great songs as "Whorehoppin", "Speaking in Tongues", "Who Loves the Devil?" and an outstanding cover of "Stuck in the Middle With You".

All in all, the only CD that really was a disappointment to me was The Killers. If you're going to buy the CD on the strength of "Somebody Told Me", you're going to be let down by the remainder of the disc.

Guest Anticrombie
Number of the Beast was released on the day I was born.

Do you ever use that to explain odd things that may happen in your life?

Also, I'll say that the first half of Low is better than the first half of Heroes.

In London I picked up Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt and, finally, Pulp's Different Class. And just the other day I grabbed the remaster of Notorious B.I.G.'s Ready to Die. All excellent, but The Blueprint is still the best thing Jay-Z's done.

No more albums for the rest of July. The first week of August brings the annual CD spree, wherein whoever among my friends spends the least is labeled Giant Stupid Pussy.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Beach Boys - Surfs Up on vinyl...6 clams.