TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Recent Purchases

I picked up both of the OneLineDrawing albums (Visitor and The Volunteers) when I saw them live for a total of £16. I already had Visitor, but it got cracked when I was leaving uni and I really wanted The Volunteers, so I killed two birds with one stone. Both are fantastic.

The Cure - Disintegration

South Park was right...that really IS the best album ever. Or...at least in a three way tie with The Strokes' "Room on Fire" and "Is This It"

Peter Gabriel - Hit

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band - Nine Tonight

Meat Puppets - Too High to Die

U2 - Best of 80-90

Blues Traveler - Four

Eagle Eye Cherry - Desireless

Guest Fire and Knives

Anti-Flag - The Terror State

Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - The Last DJ

Madvillain - Madvillainy

Aceyalone - All Balls Don't Bounce Revisited

Tom Waits - Rain Dogs and Mule Variations

K.

Morrissey's new single -Irish Blood, English Heart. Can't imagine anyone from the Us would think it's anything special, but it stirs me and it's a good example of how much he can add to a simplistic rock song no one else could pull off.

Also, Yellow Magic Orchestra - Technodelic. A bit disappointing after the complete, sheer, sonic the hedgehog for genesis/mega drive awesomeness of Solid State Survivor, but still cool.

newest vinyl find: derek and the dominos, 'layla and other assorted love songs'. thirteen dollars (which is not bad for a double album).

Well, I got You are the Quarry, and it's good. But not great. 'I have forgiven Jesus' 'The World is Full of Crashing Bores' and 'America is not the World' were all disappointing. Nothing I'd ever call bad though. I think the b-sides on 'Irish Blood, English Heart' were more to my liking than the aforementioned three.

Some stuff I've picked up over the last week or two:

-Mos Def and Talib Kweli present Black Star. Already had Mos' Black on Both Sides, and I think I like this one better. Reflection Eternal is next on my shortlist.

-A copy of TV on the Radio's Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes, which I pimped heavily a few weeks ago. Further listening point out that "Dreams" may be the best song released this year.

-Franz Ferdinand. This one was worth checking out. Beyond the singles there's a lot of crisp glam, and I expect it to dominate the CD player over the summer. Good stuff.

Guest AndVen

The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free. His first was excellent, so i had to get the second

Muse - Absolution

Dizzy Mizz Lizzy - Dizzy Mizz Lizzy. Great danish band, who are now unfortunately broken up

Five of 'em this time:

It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back- Public Enemy

Doolittle- The Pixies

The Black Album- Jay-Z

Garbage- Garbage

Tical 0: The Prequel- Method Man

Edwin, good call on getting Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star. great album, especially "Definition" and "RE: Definition."

Is Absolution as good as I think it is? (I've only heard Time is Running Out and Hysteria)

I just got The Sickness by Disturbed. Awesome album.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I bought a used copy of the newest A Perfect Circle cd on the cheap, just because. It's pretty ok. I look at it kind of like Maynard's feminine side, with a little bit of King Crimson influence thrown in there. The album seems to be all about some kind of atmosphere, what exactly that is I haven't nailed yet. I'm thinking obscurity in fucking. So Adrian Belew that it's not even right.

Guest AndVen
Is Absolution as good as I think it is? (I've only heard Time is Running Out and Hysteria)

While Absolution is great album, it's not as good as Origin of Symmetry IMO. Time is running out is the best one on Absolution i think.

I bought a used copy of the newest A Perfect Circle cd on the cheap, just because. It's pretty ok. I look at it kind of like Maynard's feminine side, with a little bit of King Crimson influence thrown in there. The album seems to be all about some kind of atmosphere, what exactly that is I haven't nailed yet. I'm thinking obscurity in fucking. So Adrian Belew that it's not even right.

I think that as a whole, I like Thirteenth Step more than Mer de Noms. The new album is a bit more feminine, but I think it's also a bit more well-rounded. I also quite like the production on the new album. Mer de Noms seemed a bit over-produced at times. Thirteenth Step sound more stripped down and raw, which is the sound I've always preferred.

Though there's no "3 Libras" or "Oresetes" on Thirteenth Step, tracks like "Pet", "The Noose" and "Weak and Powerless" are all great tracks that can be repeatedly listed to.

Tical 0: The Prequel- Method Man

How's this? I can't really get into the single much, and I don't have the highest of expectations.

I haven't listened to the entire disc yet, but I've been digging what I've heard, with the exception of the track with Redman. Other than that, it's all good so far.

Guest macheteofodin

I got two Acid Bath CDs (When the Kite String Pops and Paegan Terrorism Tactics) after waiting a little while (cancelled one order else where, then placed an order with Rotten Records), frickin awesome. I'm digging PTT slightly more than Kite String. Great albums.

I keep buying stuff. Though it should be noted that the last 4 albums I've picked up have been for 8 dollars or less. I'm not an addict. Swear.

Dizzee Rascal - Boy in da Corner

Depeche Mode - Black Celebration

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I got two Acid Bath CDs (When the Kite String Pops and Paegan Terrorism Tactics) after waiting a little while (cancelled one order else where, then placed an order with Rotten Records), frickin awesome. I'm digging PTT slightly more than Kite String. Great albums.

Those two albums will fuck with you. You'll think one song's your favorite for a while, then it'll be "God Machine" for a while...I think mine changes every time I listen to one of them.