TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Recent Purchases

bob dylan - bringing it all back home

wu-tang clan - 36 chambers

massive attack - mezzanine

sadly, not a single one of these is a new purchase.

Journey's Greatest Hits

The Only Ones

Yikes. I knew I'd cave in to the Journey, and now I have to listen to 'Don't Stop Believin' at least twice a day. 'Another Girl, Another Planet' and 'The Whole of the Law' off the second item on this list are fucking awesome.

You and Agent are crazy. "Don't Stop Believin'" is good, but it's no "Seperate Ways."

It's close. I can't really choose between them, but 'Don't Stop Believin' has become kind of a theme tune for me, so I guess my continued relationship with it is more of a social construct. Oh well.

It would be damn near impossible to put my hatred for Journey into words. ::shudders::

And to think that I once trusted you two.

Many have trusted me and regretted it. I danced to the Ordinary Boys the other night. I'm weak.

Anyway, just got The Monks' Black Monk Time.

i bought a coltrane album, a ben allison album and a bessie smith compilation, but they were presents for a special ladyfriend.

i also bought her a shot glass from birdland (which since her visit to nyc has evidently become "our place"). the subway ride to get the present cost $4. the present itself cost $5.

i need a blog. i find myself trying way too hard to fit in random city anecdotes into topics that have nothing to do with them.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
You and Agent are crazy. "Don't Stop Believin'" is good, but it's no "Seperate Ways."

It's close. I can't really choose between them, but 'Don't Stop Believin' has become kind of a theme tune for me, so I guess my continued relationship with it is more of a social construct. Oh well.

The piano hook, wanderlust, and hopeful fade-out falsetto do it for me.

I think that's the scariest day of purchases you've ever made, Mr. Wind.

I haven't bought any music in almost a month, again. This is such a weird feeling. I'm hoping the family is kind enough to foist Left of the Dial or the Rolling Stones' Singles collection on me for the holidays, but we'll see about that.

And hey, I listened to "Don't Stop Believing" twice yesterday.

It's OK to enjoy non-indie bands that don't completely and utterly suck, is a better way of putting it, Inc.

Also, I would expect both redbaron AND Kibsy to already own that Kyuss album. *I* own it, and when it comes to a lot of metal I usually catch on about two decades after everyone else does.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

So I got Deloused in the Comatorium and found it to be totally underwhelming. It reminds me of guys that like Mr. Bungle and King Crimson trying to sort of combine the two, but in the process break absolutely no new ground. Rather than stand on the shoulders of prog dorks, they've just become them. Totally middling, and put together poorly.

A local store had a three for the price of two sale so I ended up buying the following:

Popol Vuh - Seligpreisung

Tangerine Dream - Alpha Centauri

Frank Zappa - Chunga's Revenge

The Very Best of Talk Talk

Hard to see when it'll get played though, what with Journey being next to it. 'Be Good To Yourself' is starting to really grow on me as well, just because the intro reminds me of Andrew WK. More so than the others.

"Start Here" by the Gloria Record

"Bob Mould" by Bob Mould on tape for 99p, which made my drive from Nottingham to Coventry a lot more bearable

"A Present For Everyone" by Busted, which is brilliant (obviously)

and a Sorepoint Records sampler, which was £2, features a really good acoustic version of "The Quiet Things No-one Ever Knows" by Brand New, as well as some band called the AKA's, who are pretty good in a "We're clearly not Devo...but we'd like to be" kind of way

Guest JebusNassedar

All my christmas list said was "Anything Zappa that I dont own."

The upside; I got a fucking ton of cookies.

Downside; only one Zappa album.

541674.jpg

Disk 1 is awesomeness, specifically Zomby Woof. Disk 2 is not so awesome, but still better than a lot of music nowadays.