TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MillenniumMan831

Royal Rumble's Final 4 . . .

Guest Coffey

You know, the thing that sucks is even if the undercard is good, most people here will shit all over the entire PPV if the final match leaves them with a bad taste in their mouths. For example, HHH/HBK could be really good, but would anyone remember that if Benoit got thrown out by Christian early on? Probably the next day, but the initial response will be a bunch of "WTF"'s and the like.

It's like, shock value has nothing left.

Shock value without purpose never had value in the first place.

To dump Benoit just because no one expects it should lead to a bunch of WTFs?

Besides...there were WTFs? last year when Jericho got dumped by Test...and all anyone talks about is Benoit/Angle from that show.

If the undercard delivers...it'll get its due.

Edited by "Hail" bps21

Guest Coffey

Well, I'm saying if WWE did it to lead to a storyline, people would shit all over it because of what just happened. Then, if anyone tried to say that they are building to a storyline/feud, thirty people would call them a fucking apologist.

Yet, those same name callers are the ones who preach about storylines/feuds needing more time to develop....

Guest Choken One

Besides...there were WTFs? last year when Jericho got dumped by Test...and all anyone talks about is Benoit/Angle from that show.

Yeah but not initally...

Yeah but not initally...

How do you know that? SummerSlam had a shitty ending, people still praised the 4 way and Angle/Lesnar.

Guest Choken One

Yeah but not initally...

How do you know that? SummerSlam had a shitty ending, people still praised the 4 way and Angle/Lesnar.

The bitching about Jericho/Test was more spread out then the Angle/Benoit love...Go back here the night of the rumble and the next 24 hours and You'll see more bitching about the Jericho incident then admiration for the Benoit match...or rather more people talked about the Steiner/HHH Match actually...

Guest Coffey

I would like to point out that I'm talking about initial response. At the end of the night, the negativity shows moreso than the positives. Later in the week, when threads start slowing down, the positive threads get jumped on a lot more.

I'm not saying people won't talk about the good. I'm saying they talk about the bad first.

All Im saying is, if Benoit doesn't win, I'll be pretty pissed off. If Benoit doesn't win and Cena/Angle/Jericho does, I'll settle for that.

Guest Anglesault
Then, if anyone tried to say that they are building to a storyline/feud, thirty people would call them a fucking apologist.

Like last year?

Where people actually had the balls to say it wasn't a bad thing because it builds up to the much anticipated JERICHO/TEST FEUD?