TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guybrush Threepwood

A few tidbits from the 2/2/04 Observer

A few notes from this coming weeks Observer, I won't give too much away as I'm sure you want to read it for yourselves. My comments in brackets.

Benoit v HHH v HBK is now the main talk for the RAW title with the chance of it being a Ladder match. (Since it's not the main event I'm fine with a 3 way, Ladder match would be cool but I'd prefer a gimmick free match)

Angle v Bob Holly is looking likely for No Way Out (I detest the work of Mr Plugg but I'm sure Angle could carry it to ***ish)

Undertaker v Kane is pencilled in to go on last at Wrestlemania (Personally I feel the World Title should always go on last)

I'm in the UK which is why I get it early in case anyone is wondering.

It has been most of the time. Last year they had Rock/Austin, Hogan/McMahon on the card and the title match was still last. The exception was the Bam Bam/Lawerence Taylor match, and the first WrestleMania I think.

Triple H and Shawn Michaels on a ladder????

Triple H about pulls his groin walking to the ring so going up a ladder sounds crazy and Shawn's back can't be anywhere near 100%.

I still don't see one match on this card that makes me say "Hey, I need to buy this."

I'm not buying this just because it's Wrestlemania. I need my money a lot more than the WWE does.

Wasn't part of the Rumble stip that the winner main events WrestleMania? And how does HBK get a title shot since he didn't win the Rumble? This is just mind boggling.

Hey, put the guy w/ surgically repaired neck in a ladder match - brilliant! What's even more briliant? That HHH got his buddy in the title match, while setting it up that HHH doesn't have to get pinned.

Holly/Angle? Who's bright idea is this? Nobody cares about Holly, so putting him up against your ME guys is ridiculous. Nobody will believe Holly has a shot of winning.

Somebody better hide this thread from AS.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I saw the 3 way dance coming a mile away after the promo on Monday and the reports that HBK was going to stay the No.1 face on Raw.

So here's to HBK/Benoit doing all the work and Trips winning or Benoit beating HBK for the title.

Guest drdrainoscott

Stupid rumors like this always seem to come out in the months before Wrestlemania. I have faith that the WWE officials will come to their senses by the time March comes around.

Yeah. Remember last year they were thinking of putting Hogan/McMahon match as the last match on the card? This should change. Although I hope the 3 way changes too. That would just take away from winning the Royal Rumble. What's the point when you can challenge the champion as many times as you want because your a sore loser?

I don't think it's a matter of HBK being "a sore loser". Both the RAW & RR matches have been draws, it makes sense from a booking standpoint for it to be a Triple Threat match.

Plus since it dosen't look like the RAW title will go on last I don't see any problem with being a 3 way. If it was the main event then I would be against it.

It's great that they brought Benoit over to carry these two lumps to a good match and be overshadowed at the same time. Can HHH even climb a ladder? Fuck the WWE, this better not be true.

Guest rawmvp

If this happens, the Royal Rumble event will be devalued. What would be the purpose of winning it? In the past, the winner got to challenge for the World Title in THE MAIN EVENT at WrestleMania.

Why does WWE have to make shit up as they go along?

Guest Salacious Crumb

You can't call the RR match a draw. The Rumble itself is the main and only draw to the show.

It's great that they brought Benoit over to carry these two lumps to a good match and be overshadowed at the same time. Can HHH even climb a ladder? Fuck the WWE, this better not be true.

*Re-watches Armageddon 02*

Oh look, of course he can. And that was with a fucked up leg(well, more-so than usual).

Guest Salacious Crumb
It's great that they brought Benoit over to carry these two lumps to a good match and be overshadowed at the same time.  Can HHH even climb a ladder?  Fuck the WWE, this better not be true.

Oh look, of course he can. And that was with a fucked up leg(well, more-so than usual).

You mean the most boring piece of crap match that drew like a .50 buyrate? It was **1/2 at best.

Guest drdrainoscott
You can't call the RR match a draw. The Rumble itself is the main and only draw to the show.

by draw, I'm pretty sure he meant tie...

Undertaker v Kane is pencilled in to go on last at Wrestlemania

WHAT??? This is complete bullshit. And this is coming from WON, so I do believe it.

Guest Salacious Crumb
You can't call the RR match a draw.  The Rumble itself is the main and only draw to the show.

by draw, I'm pretty sure he meant tie...

Ah yes, I read that wrong.

Guest Goodear

Shawn Michaels is a lump now? How very interesting.

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR
Wasn't part of the Rumble stip that the winner main events WrestleMania? And how does HBK get a title shot since he didn't win the Rumble? This is just mind boggling.

It's a Kliq main event, that'll draw buyrates.

Guest BionicRedneck
You mean the most boring piece of crap match that drew like a .50 buyrate? It was **1/2 at best.

Take off two stars.

Take off two stars.

And then subtract another couple. That was one of the worst matches I've ever seen.

Guest Krazy Karter
So winning the Rumble can net you what? A place in a 3 way gimmick match with the surviving Kliq members?

WOOPEE!!!!!!!!!!

I knew Shawn would be in a ladder match somehow.

As long as Benoit goes over (and Hogan doesn't come out at the end to challenge him for the title), I don't care.

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR

Mmm, let's see we got Benoit against two of the most political wrestlers in sports entertainment today, one refuses to job to anyone that's a threat to him and the other always loses his smile. Benoit is fucked.

It's great that they brought Benoit over to carry these two lumps to a good match and be overshadowed at the same time.  Can HHH even climb a ladder?  Fuck the WWE, this better not be true.

Was it a horrible match? Yes.

Did HHH climb the ladder? Yes.

I didn't say anything about the match quality. The statement was HHH can't climb a ladder. I pointed out that he can. It had nothing to do with the match quality. So why exactly did you bring up the match quality?