TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Was there a Heat tonight?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Yup. Didn't watch I and 90% of wrestling fans have been watching the Super Bowl.

(Even FOX was smart enough not to show new episodes of the Simpsons and other shows)

COME ON PANTHERS! 22-21!

Yup. Didn't watch I and 90% of wrestling fans have been watching the Super Bowl.

(Even FOX was smart enough not to show new episodes of the Simpsons and other shows)

COME ON PANTHERS! 22-21!

Well, so have I, I just crusied over to the folder to see if there was a thread by the few US wrestling fans who A) aren't football fans and couldn't care less and B) are members of the fourm!

Oh well

Steve

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
It's great how the WWE was basically advertising the superbowl on their website while they actually compete with them.

Maybe the HEAT Rating will be a 0.1 lol

BTW, I think the Heat "Main Event" was Booker T vs. Matt Hardy, which explains Bookers absence on RAW.

Christian over Lance Storm

Jindrak and Cade over Rosey and Hurricane

Booker T over Matt Hardy

Doesn't even say if there were any in-between match stuff (does Heat have them any more that isn't Raw recaps/previews?)

Glad that goes down as a WW (wasn't watching)

Steve

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Yeah, there was a HEAT tonight. The Main was Matt Hardy vs Booker T in an awesome B-show match-up.

Damn, If I knew it was going to be a good match I'd have watched it instead of Smack Em Whack Em.

I miss Halftime Heat! Those were FUN!

First one was Foley-Rock Empty Arena

Next year they did an Austin interview, his first apperance since the SS "incident"

Then CBS/MTV did the Super Bowl in 2000 meaning Heat was regulated to its normal B-Show fare

I guess WWF just scrapped the whole idea since

Too bad

Steve

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Why was'nt HEAT the half time show? Why show the Jim Henson Project instead of wrestling?

Why should wrestling take place as a halftime show instead of an idiot "comedian"?

Why was'nt HEAT the half time show? Why show the Jim Henson Project instead of wrestling?

Okay, think about it for a second. Its one thing to bring in guys like Rod "He Hate Me" Smart and announcers like Sarigussa (who ripped the NFL to shreads) but is Commadant Tagliabue gonna hand over the Halftime show of the Super Bowl to the WWE who made the worst attempt ever at an "alternative second league" to the NFL? Not only that, the same folks who blasted the NFL at every opportunity?

I don't bloddy think so

It's great how the WWE was basically advertising the superbowl on their website while they actually compete with them.

Well, which one do you think JR and Vince were watching?

Yes, HeAT was on tonight. It was probably the best episode in atleast two years. Great matches with Christian VS Lance Storm and Matt Hardy VS Booker T.

Thank God I HATE (actually, hate isn't a strong enough word) football, and therefore didn't miss HeAT tonight. :headbang:

Yes, HeAT was on tonight. It was probably the best episode in atleast two years. Great matches with Christian VS Lance Storm and Matt Hardy VS Booker T.

Thank God I HATE (actually, hate isn't a strong enough word) football, and therefore didn't miss HeAT tonight. :headbang:

And to think the Heat Preview actually listed the main event as Mark Henry vs. Matt Hardy.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Thank God I HATE (actually, hate isn't a strong enough word) football, and therefore didn't miss HeAT tonight.  :headbang:

And to think the Heat Preview actually listed the main event as Mark Henry vs. Matt Hardy.

Not to be racist, but WWE probably doesn't know the difference between the black wrestlers.

Guest GreatMuta

There trying to get him over, although he's not even funny

Thank God I HATE (actually, hate isn't a strong enough word) football, and therefore didn't miss HeAT tonight.  :headbang:

Not to be racist, but WWE probably doesn't know the difference between the black wrestlers.

Imagine JR watching the NBA.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Imagine JR watching the NBA.

JR: Bah Gawd That Allen Iverson is tearing it up!

Random Person: Thats Tim Duncan you dumb motherf*CKER!!!

Official WWE Sunday Night HEAT preview for Feb. 1, 2004:

Don’t miss HEAT this week when Matt Hardy gets another shot to be back in the spotlight when he faces Mark Henry. Hardy has been aching for the opportunity to prove what he can do on RAW, and on HEAT he faces The World’s Strongest Man. Can he overcome a massive size disparity and score what could be the biggest win since joining RAW? Find out on HEAT.

That's just sad. I'm guessing Hardy will face Ron Simmons next week after being advertised to face Stevie Ray.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Official WWE Sunday Night HEAT preview for Feb. 1, 2004:

Don’t miss HEAT this week when Matt Hardy gets another shot to be back in the spotlight when he faces Mark Henry. Hardy has been aching for the opportunity to prove what he can do on RAW, and on HEAT he faces The World’s Strongest Man. Can he overcome a massive size disparity and score what could be the biggest win since joining RAW? Find out on HEAT.

That's just sad. I'm guessing Hardy will face Ron Simmons next week after being advertised to face Stevie Ray.

Ron Simmons isn't even on RAW....or active I don't think.

Next Week On Sunday Night Heat!:

Lance Storm vs. Planet Staziak...wait, the spoilers say Storm/Perfect....THE HELL!?!? Oh.....it's Storm vs. Kurt Thomas....wait, he's on the Knicks.

Storm vs. Cade then.

Well for one I do not watch the CBS halftime show of the Janet & Justin lovefest and would prefer to have an alternative. Years ago MTV had the claymation deathmatch show, Fox had In Living Color, and WWE used to run wrestling during the halftime of the Superbowl.

Wooo! Tie Game! And I miss XFL for some reason LOL

Vince is probably weeping in his beer, wishing he could be hyping up the start of the third (?) season of XFL if it had been a success.

Unfortunately for Vince, you can show bad wrestling and the fans don't mind, but if you show bad football, you're screwed.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Well for one I do not watch the CBS halftime show of the Janet & Justin lovefest and would prefer to have an alternative. Years ago MTV had the claymation deathmatch show, Fox had In Living Color, and WWE used to run wrestling during the halftime of the Superbowl.

I miss Celebrity Deathmatch.....the early ones, before it got stale.

the last one I enjoyed was the Halftime Show edition with Tyson/Holyfield, and I think Jennifer Lopez/Dolly Parton.

Bah, Buttbowl > Celeb Deathmatch.

Guest Ray

Christian/Storm was actually decent...and I usually don't care about either wrestler.

Wrestling > Football