TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

The Intelligent Conversation Thread

I have come to realize that the No Holds Barred forum is a place that lacks intelligent conversation. It is a troll playground that glorifies stupidity. We need to change that or this forum should just be deleted.

The topic: Restrictions on civil liberties are justified in view of the threat of terrorism.

Do you agree? Disagree? Why? Feel free to give your thoughts and views on this subject, and remember....intelligent conversation only!

Guest Ghettoman

Hmm, I'd say you've missed the point of this forum, but um, you kind of described it as you opened up....

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Disagree. Considering that personal freedoms and islamic fundamentalist terrorism are mutually exclusive philosophies, it would be beneficial to keep the former in good condition. Were the govt. to do something drastic and silly such as reduce them for the sake of a security blanket, we'd end up with middle eastern philosophies coming out of a different book.

I have come to realize that the No Holds Barred forum is a place that lacks intelligent conversation.
And here I thought this folder, on a wrestling messageboard no less, was stimulating the brilliant minds of the world's future genuises, silly me. And for the record, this isn't No Holds Barred it's Hardcore Discussion, you stupid twat.

It is a troll playground that glorifies stupidity.  We need to change that or this forum should just be deleted.
I'm sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you with the Man in Blak's cock in your mouth.

An old man turned ninety-eight

He won the lottery and died the next day

It's a black fly in your Chardonnay

It's a death row pardon two minutes too late

And isn't it ironic...dontcha think

It's like rain on your wedding day

It's a free ride when you've already paid

It's the good advice that you just didn't take

Who would've thought...it figures

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly

He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye

He waited his whole damn life to take that flight

And as the plane crashed down he thought

"Well isn't this nice..."

Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you

When you think everything's okay and everything's going right

And life has a funny way of helping you out when

You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up

In your face

A traffic jam when you're already late

A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break

It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife

It's meeting the man of my dreams

And then meeting his beautiful wife

A little too ironic...and yeah I really do think...

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you

Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out

Helping you out

And just when you thought it was safe to freely play on the streets, here comes the gheylyricmobile zooming down on your slow, candyass.

The fuck is going on HERE!?

Restriction on civil liberties IS terrorism

Why do you feel that way? How would you respond to someone who says that a person's safety is more important than their freedom?

^ just made a fool of himself

yep

Please stop trolling, as you are diverting people's attention away from the conversation. Either provide your insights on this topic or please leave this thread.

Restriction on civil liberties IS terrorism

Why do you feel that way? How would you respond to someone who says that a person's safety is more important than their freedom?

I'd tell them to kiss my ass and let them know that my safety is my business. It's like that ridiculous seatbelt law. Oh, so I have to wear my seatbelt? Sorry, not going to, it makes me uncomfortable. If I get into an accident and go flying through the windshield, then oh well.

Why do you feel that way?

If I have to wear an identity card, have my moves monitored where ever I go, essentially give up my rights to privacy, and can get arrested without cause or explanation and thrown in jail without any rights to a lawyer - that's terrorism. That's using force, either physical or psychological, to obtain control over another. It's using fear to promote the governments own objectives; no matter how righteous they "appear" to be.

How would you respond to someone who says that a person's safety is more important than their freedom?

I'd say at what price and at what point does freedom die?

RRR: Doesn't like feeling like a pawn.

*sees Dames in thread* OMG DAMES SUXXORSZSZS~!!!!11

*makes intelligent convo*

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

This aptly summons up my position in this debate.

The point of terrorism is the change another person's or country's lifestyle so they can feel safe. IE: KKK making black males hide at night so if the KKK comes storming in, blacks do not have to worry about being killed.

Personal freedom is what makes this world worth living. I am not going to give up my rights so The Man can "protect" me, while I can simply die hitting my head on the bathtub after slipping on the soap. Shit can happen, why be scared of what can happen.

The point of terrorism is the change another person's or country's lifestyle so they can feel safe.

I'm pretty sure the point of terrorism is to terrorise people.

The clue's in the question!

New Topic: Affirmitive Action. Yay, Eh, or Nay?

EDIT: And can anyone find any good websites on the first topic? I looked and couldn't find anything worth posting.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

I was at the hospital today, and in the waiting room I was reading an old issue of time that had an article on Ben Franklin, and I saw this quote and I was going to post it but you beat me to it by a bit.

A liberty which states its case quietly and respectfully. *rimshot*

Affirmative action: Nay, in base theory. Jobs ought go to the most qualified, end of story. The only confusion comes in when that doesn't happen for whatever reason. However, affirmative action by and large probably isn't the best solution. Furthermore, ignorant fuckwads do have the right to be ignorant fuckwads. If you want to be racist, or sexist, your prerogative, but be ready to deal with the consequences, be they protests, boycotts, lawsuits, or getting your ass beat at 3 AM in a dark alley.

Benjamin Franklin

maybe, but it's also a really shitty argument.